Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is your favorite tactic on the battlefield?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BlackPanther View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BlackPanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is your favorite tactic on the battlefield?
    Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 04:08

There is nothing more i like than Flank attack by Cavalry.I'm a big time  AOE,Total War fan,when ever i get in to battles this is the thing i do...especially in Total War series... I will be having two cavalry brigades at the flanks of the enemy all the time..they will be well covered by my Archers,who in turn will be defended by the Pikemen/spearman....My frontal assault consists of Infantry covered by Archers and Javeliners...quite a site it is i tell u....

Tell me wat u think of it....This always works with the AI...i have never played online though..My PC is not smart enough to do a double flanking on me..

ACHTUNG!!!
GENERAL PARMENION View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote GENERAL PARMENION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 06:44

I would love to see you apply your tactics in the battlefield.I am talking about Rome Total War online.You can find me there.

Edited by GENERAL PARMENION
"There is no doubt, that Macedonians were Greeks."
(Robin Lane Fox "Historian-Author" In Interview with newspaper TO BHMA)

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 06:59

anyone playing rome total war online?(exept you)

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Knight
Knight

Quote GENERAL PARMENION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 07:42
Do i not " qualify " for you?

John the Kern View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote John the Kern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 04:56
I would get rome total war, but my computer would blow up. However on medieval, i march right at the enemy whatever the terrain, archer and spear thowers behind heavy spear, which is backed up by lighter swordsmen to fill gaps and launch attacks from behind my spearmen, my"suicide" squads on the flanks to push to enemy into my centre and onto my spears
My peoples tale is written in blood
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 18:32

i play rome total war and the best tactics is to use as much cavalry as possible because it means more manerouvibility,mongols had 5horses each there so fast

BlackPanther View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote BlackPanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 01:39
That will be a big blunder.. especially if the Enemy has more Pikemen or Spearmen in their ranks...The cavalry will be massacred in amtter of minutess...no matter hw many there are...U always  need to provide cover to ur Cavalry.. and never use cavalry like Jehad troops....
ACHTUNG!!!
The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote The Guardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 14:31

Originally posted by GENERAL PARMENION

Do i not " qualify " for you?

oh no..that is not what i meant.I already knew you played it that's why

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
esadbodur View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote esadbodur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 17:12
best troop is cavarly archers in RTW especially persians and schtyans
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 17:50
I say ambush and guerrilla warfare. There's no Empire that can beat it and no Empire that can use it. Only free peoples can. 

The people? Basques (think in Roncesvaux, for instance).
Arn de Gothia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Arn de Gothia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 11:18
Selucid tactics in Rome Total War.

A wave of armoured Elephants to ruch straight through the line wihtout stopping.
Next a wave of Cataphracts attack while the enemy lines are in chaos after the elephants.
After that, light cavalry attack and take care of the rest.

cant be stopped in RTW
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 11:30

Originally posted by esadbodur

best troop is cavarly archers in RTW especially persians and schtyans

yes you are right, 4 units of cataphract + 16 persian cavalry > any computer army I have made. 

Phallanx armies are a piece of cake, you just split army into two formations 100 yards from each other. the enemy splits his troops up and all u have to do is manouevre the left half to hit the enemies right half (to your perspective) with arrows then charge and and rout.

The only thing that could defeat my army would be a whole army of scythed chariots which is very unrealistic.

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 12:15
Originally posted by Maju

I say ambush and guerrilla warfare. There's no Empire that can beat it
and no Empire that can use it. Only free peoples can.

The people? Basques (think in Roncesvaux, for instance).

Yes. Guerrilla rocks !
Avoid large skirmish or formal combats.
Harash the enemy convoys, night attacks, interrupt enemies comunications, ambushes, spread the fear on their hearts by a no visible enemy. Have them quartered in towns affraid to scout out the protection of their walls.
Knight
Knight

Quote GENERAL PARMENION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 05:46
Why dont you all visit the servers , so that we can test each other?

John the Kern View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote John the Kern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 16:51
infantry wedge right at the enemy centre, cavalry on the flanks, archers supporting. prefer to have muskets thou  in which case, cavalry threatens, enemy forms square, nice target for my gunners and voltiguers, then when the enemy is weakend enoguh massed infatry attack, cavalry mop up for me
My peoples tale is written in blood
Hannibal Barca View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hannibal Barca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 16:11

The double envelopment maneouvre. This was introduced by Hannibal Barca during the battle of Cannae. He allowed the legions to become occupied with the center light infantry as they pushed deeper and deeper into the ranks slowly exposing their flanks. The heavy African infantry on the flanks of the light inf. quickly made 90 degree turns on the legion enveloping their right and left flank.

This tactic was used by the Germans during their major offensive in WWI the Schlieffen Plan.

"In the absence of orders go find something and kill it!"

-Field MArshall Erwin Rommel
Cicero View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Cicero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 17:28

Caesar's double trench. Keep the enemy in and keep them out at the same time.

Can You Dig Ot?

dirtnap View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote dirtnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 20:47
Divide and Conquer
Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 19:11

There many GREAT tactics in the world which was signed by different nations military:

Babur tactics: Never put the Elephants in front, keep them until the end in order to be able to change the resault

Agsuvar tactics: Try atack to enemy troops on your own land, but in the mountains.

Parthian Tactics: Send Heavy Cataphracts first and follow them Light Arcer troobs

Persian Tactics ( 590 a.d. against turks) : Commander Xosrov gathered 12000 best and old infantry archers of Persia (they were not all persians) and shot turkish light cavalry (Turks had nothing besides light cavalry) and all turkish cavalry in this battle were shot by forehead, includin their commander (turkish were about 18-22 000 men)---Qumilyov-OLD TURKS----------

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 00:09
AMBUSH!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>