Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancient Persian Tribes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
K1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote K1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Persian Tribes
    Posted: 26-Jul-2017 at 11:29
Hi everyone,

My first post and I am looking forward to reading and learning from everyone here.

As the subject of this post shows, I am looking to compile a list of tribes for my small project. So the question is, who were these tribes?
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2017 at 03:31
You may possibly need to be a little bit more specific and/or detailed in what you mean? Do you mean of Iran &/or the Persian Empire? 

Herodotus gives alot of peoples names.
Maps of the Persian Empire and Alexander the Great also give provinces of Iran & Persian Empire.
'Sharrukin' on here once posted a list of ancient peoples of the near/middle east somewhere in this forum. If i can find my copy i'll post it.

Some just off top of head:
Persians. Medes. Elamites. Aryans. Susians. Carmanians. Gedrosians. Makran. Parthians. Baluchis. Afghans. Durrani. Turanians. Salm/Sayrima (maybe Sarmatians?) Scythians / Sakas. Sagartians. Alarodians/Urartians. Magi. Parsees. Serpent kings (Azhi-Dahaka etc). Chorasmians/Khwarizm. Mardi. Caspi. Saspires. Iberi. Bactrians.

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 27-Jul-2017 at 03:34
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
K1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote K1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2017 at 04:37
Hi and thank you for your reply. My area of interest is the original tribes which migrated and settled in the Iranian sub continent, which one of them was Achaemenid, I believe.

If you could find the list you referred to and post it here it would be great.
purgatio View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote purgatio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2018 at 13:33
Hi.
Could you please help me? I want to know how do you say coffin in old persian language. for example:
in achaemenid empire. 
Thanks a lot.

Ps: by the way: is it correct to say تابوت

Edited by purgatio - 04-Mar-2018 at 13:34
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2018 at 13:02
Hmmm........this is rather late but okay, taking the header at its face value, the following list is what Herodotus says were the "Persian tribes" of his time:   Pasargadae, Maraphii, Maspii, Panthialaei, Derusiaei, Germanii, Dai, Mardi, Dropici, and Sagartii.   Herodotus I.125
sportivo View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote sportivo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2018 at 04:45
Hi, i found some amusing statement from Malaysia newspaper clip for sharing.
Malaysian newspaper reported Malays are the second oldest race and left Africa 65k to 70k years ago. The academian also claims arabs and iranian are the offspring of Malay.
https://www.malaymail.com/s/1658530/historian-malay-genes-second-oldest-in-the-world
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2018 at 10:58
What are their sources and who funded the study?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2018 at 18:05
hmmm......sportivo's post seems to go beyond the scope of this thread.  This should probably be a subject topic of genetics and/or archaeology.
 Post Reply Post Reply