Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The history of the M16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tanny View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The history of the M16
    Posted: 15-Jun-2017 at 08:15
The history of the m16 is quite interesting seeing how much its used in military warfare now.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2017 at 11:00
Tanny,
  No offense intended, but he M-16 is junk.  I was a Small Arms Repairman in the military, but I won't slam the M-16 anymore.  Instead, I'll give you some of the different "factories" that made this weapon.

I saw M-16's that were made by Mattell (the toy maker)
  Westinghouse (or was it Maytag?)
  Hell, I forget the rest.  

Hope you find this acceptable input.

Have a great day!!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2017 at 13:45
Be careful of the lies that say that Mattell NEVER made the M-16.  I personally saw the stamp of Mattell on at least two rifles while serving as a small arms repairman.
  The purpose of propagandizing this fact is simple.........the governemnt didin't want the toy-makers to be exposed as the war-hawks that they are, and that they are in the hip-pocket of the politicians.

Mattel was already helping in making war seem "glamorous" to the kids who watched the TV back then (with their commercials advertising their "toy guns." during an episode of COMBAT, or Garrison's Guerilla's)  Not just that, but, get this: to go from making a plastic weapon to making a REAL weapon STILL requires the same molds.

Mattell was molding than just weapons.  They were molding minds that would create a need for those weapons.
 Post Reply Post Reply