Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Centrix Gone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pickled Polly View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pickled Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centrix Gone!
    Posted: 15-Feb-2017 at 21:24
I've noticed that Centrix seems to have had a rather chequered life on this forum, especially for a senior member.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think it very unfortunate that a member would so offend against the Code of Conduct to warrant permanent exclusion.

I wouldn't have thought that any member would think that the forum is here for their personal rants, but, still, it's sad.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2017 at 22:04
Yes, it's sad I agree. CV and I go back 10-12 years. Before AE, when I was an admin at a now defunct site. He was usually intelligent and informed and normally respected differing opinions. However, in recent years he's changed, and at times appears unstable. As someone who respected his opinions and knowledge, and considered him a friend, it's doubly sad.
I might point out that he's been banned at almost all other history sites.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Pickled Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2017 at 05:52
I don't know how old CV is, could it be that his changed attitude is the result of the combination, age and mental deterioration?

Anyway, one less experienced and knowledgeable member!
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2017 at 09:47

I never like to see anyone banned esp since i have been unfairly banned from a few forums myself, and its sad if old friends fall-out. But just a comment on couple of things above.

I've found AE to be quite a lenient/friendly forum (for me at  least (some others have complained of too many moderators and bannings)) compared to some others, except for CV closing a few of my threads (and also a couple of threads once went missing).

Historum did that to me Polly ("that a member would so offend against the Code of Conduct to warrant permanent exclusion"). But i'm not allowed to discuss other forums on here. There aren't many good history forums online. Sometimes other person/people may wrongly consider someones posts as "rants" though. I don't think its very nice to say someone may have mental deterioration though (it'd be nicer to say they may have a rough situation & condition?)

Fluoridated water certainly effects people, and i think that digital/electronics/radiation also effects us.

It did seem strange to me too how CV was anti Trump before the election and then after the election he changed to opposite (pro Trump). There are alot of seeming strange things i've noticed on net/web forums in the last few years that seem to me to point to Rome.

Anyway i wish you the best to each and all concerned whatever happens.

I see i'm a Colonel now like CV should have been.

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 16-Feb-2017 at 09:51
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Pickled Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2017 at 14:53
Thanks A-R, as I said, sad.
 Post Reply Post Reply