Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Napoleon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Poll Question: Who was really Napoleon Bonaparte?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [19.44%]
31 [28.70%]
55 [50.93%]
1 [0.93%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
AndronicusRex View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AndronicusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Napoleon
    Posted: 27-Sep-2007 at 02:03
Legendary emperor, clearly.  The facts speak for themselves really.
Andronicus Rex, Noble of the Republic

http://angryamericanaristocrat.blogspot.com/
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2007 at 04:12
I could have done better...Tongue

Join us.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 05:42
Not sure if this is allowed or not, so if it isn't one of the mods can delete it:

I visit Simaqian history forum from time to time (haven't posted there yet, just read the threads) and came across a thread on Napoleon that asks if he was a villian or hero.  There were some wonderful contributions there and thought I would bring it to the awareness of our members here.  If you do look through it be sure to pay particular attention to the posts by the member UberCryxic and debate between that member and the british chap allsirgarnet.  There is some intense debating between the two but the debate is a perfect illustration of the pro-napoleon side versus the british anti-napoleon view.  (no offence to our british members of course)Smile  UberCryxic gives a lot of great information; if you couldn't tell I am of a similar opinion as he with regards to Napoleon.

If anyone there takes offence to this, my sincerest apologies.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2008 at 11:40
In my opinion Napoleans ideas where very good and very similar to what we have today however his opinion that he needed to impress them on everyone else was egotistic and costly and resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths it could be likened to Hitler some good policies i.e. reduction of unemployment and beniftis systems but some very bad ones ie. Holocaust, but will always be renembered for trying to force thier ideas on others

For this reason despite his brilliant ideas he will always be quite deseridly be renembered as a tyrant who let himself become bigger than his ideas, and saught a place in History rather than the benifit of humanity i.e. the hordenus treatment of Spainish partisan fighter due theNapoleonic period with death of of men woman and children, when it was obvious Spain was not receptive to his ideas, anyone who santions this kind of behaviour cannot be considered great or anything close to it it would be like calling Satlin or Hitler great  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678