Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medieval skull helmet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nickolas33 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nickolas33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medieval skull helmet
    Posted: 29-Jan-2017 at 15:10
Hello dear members
Please I need your help and your opinion about the originality of this medieval skull helmet.I hope the photos will help you for this.
Thank you....Nick
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2017 at 21:30
I've not seen anything quite like it. Without close examination, I can't be sure of the metal work, but on the surface I don't see anything that would indicate a modern piece.

I would send these pics to the curator of the Brundage Collection of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It's one of the largest collections of Medieval Arms and Armor in the world. It might well be a one off. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
nickolas33 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nickolas33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2017 at 16:56
Thank you very much for your response.Please did you send the photos?
Regards...Nick
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2017 at 22:23
No, I was speaking in the first person. To be more clear, you should contact them and send the photos. Ordinarily, I would do it. However my time is being monopolized by a personal medical situation.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
avabarnes View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote avabarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2017 at 01:46

The bascinet was a medieval military skull helmet (also called Hounskull or Pig-faced Helmet) with pointy features, which ably protected the head and neck during battle. This cute little knight ably models the helmet. The statue is crafted of a tough resin and then hand-painted to look like metal. It is a great addition to any collection and will make a terrific conversation piece. 
 Post Reply Post Reply