Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ancient global flood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ancient global flood
    Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 09:03
The Black sea theory IS isolated to the Black sea area, thats why its called the 'Black sea theory', and not 'rising sea levels after the last ice age' theory (which is accepted as fact anyways).

And you take my quote out of context as there i make no reference to the Black sea.

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 09:42
Originally posted by kermit_criminal

Originally posted by Decebal

I don't think you understand, kermit_criminal, when you say that there is a contradiction somewhere when one says that the biblical flood can best be explained by the Black Sea theory. The key word here is "biblical". The biblical flood had to be a dramatic phenomenon that occured somewhere close to Mesopotamia and Palestine. A flood that occured too far from that location would not be present in the mythis and legends of the area.

when water in the mediterranean rises(to flood the black sea), it also effects the rest of the world sea levels.  lets say tomorrow the black sea spilled over to the caspian and flooded parts of southern russia... how exactly would that be possible without world sea levels also having risen to cause this in the first place?

there are myths around the world of a great flood, not just in the bible. using the term "global flood myth" dosent exclusively refer to the bible, it is a collection of myths from cultures across the globe

Also, flooding at the end of the ice age was a relatively slow process in most areas of the world, at least in human terms. It would take many years for large areas to get flooded, enabling human communities to move out and survive. By contrast, the flooding of the Black Sea was a very rapid, dramatic event, that would quickly engulf many communities and would give the survivors the impression of divine retribution.

If look at the geography and geology of the area, you'd see that such an event was entirely possible, without anything comparable occuring anywhere else in the world.

again the events that would have led to the flooding of the black sea IE global sea levels rising is a global event. where do you think all the water that came roaring into the black sea came from? zeus?

I'm sorry, I don't usually make personal attacks, but you really are thick! If you read the post, you'll see that I don't disagree with the fact that world sea levels rose at the end of the ice age. But they did so very slowly, except in the case of the Black Sea flooding. As for all those other myths, read the first post on this topic that I posted.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12