Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah
    Posted: 24-Dec-2016 at 10:11
As with Thanksgiving, this will be the first Christmas we haven't spent at home. First in 35 years.
I was going to stay overnight at the nursing home, but they are renovating and the guest rooms are being used.

I didn't decorate or put up a tree, also a first. However, under circumstances such as exist now, you realize that stuff isn't important.
I did try my best to decorate her room.

The realization that it's unlikely my wife will be coming home has caused me to reconnect with the real meaning of Christmas, and while it's difficult to be "festive" it has allowed me to be comfortable with the present situation, as much as can be expected.

So, it's very much from the heart when I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2016 at 12:37
Trees and baubles were never necessary Ole Red. But your ongoing love and affection for your family and friends is.

Spend the day with the lady..and be as merry as you can.

For your sake and the sake of the day...and He who it represents....I echo your sentiment.

Merry Christmas.

For the rest of you... Be mindful of others who are alone or in despair or ill health. And who seek the simple comfort of a smile. Or a hand offered in friendship.

Seek peace where it can be found.

Promote fraternity.

Give of yourselves freely with no reservations or purposes of evasion.

And always.... praise  God.

amen.

ps. A message to the fighting men and women of the US Military and their staunch allies..wherever and however you serve. Well done. Come home safe. And may you have a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 24-Dec-2016 at 14:51
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2016 at 04:24
Marry&Happy to all of you!Prayer for sick one for fast recovery.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2016 at 09:45
A good traditional happy holidays to you all.

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2016 at 14:24
Merry Christmas to the AE crew and AE members!

Star
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2016 at 17:16
A noticeable lack of response and or well wishes from the Arabs-Turks-Iranians...even though elsewhere I had mentioned a peaceful Mawlid.

The Prophet admonishes you... seek peace he dictates...and I paraphrase...

'' The messenger of God said to me (Anas), "Son, if you are able, keep your heart from morning till night and from night till morning free from malice towards anyone"; then he said, "Oh! My son, this is one of my laws, and the one who loves my laws verily loves me."

Anyone who walks with a wrong doer in order to strengthen him knowing all the while that he is a wrong doer, has departed from Islam.

That person is nearest to God, who pardons, when he has someone in his power, one who would have injured him.

Assist your brother or sister Muslim, whether he or she be an oppressor or an oppressed. "But how shall we do it when that person is an oppressor?" Muhammad said, "Assisting an oppressor is by forbidding and withholding that person from oppression."

Iow you either ARE Muslims or YOU are haters..anti Christian and anti semitic.   The answer is clear.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2016 at 20:36
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

A noticeable lack of response and or well wishes from the Arabs-Turks-Iranians...even though elsewhere I had mentioned a peaceful Mawlid.

A noticeable lack of response and or well wishes from the Arabs-Turks-Iranians...  LOLLOLLOL

Maybe, just maybe they don't care.

I know it is about kindness but each year Thanksgiving, Veteran Day and Christmas, Ramadan, Hanukah.....  

How much effective these topics? 

But if CV be happy;

Happy Christmas from Turkey
Demre-Antalya (City of St Nicolas)

and Happy New Year

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2016 at 00:51
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2017 at 06:42

If I were a Christian or live in Christian community, I would probably do it. Big smileBig smileBig smile

I am doing snow holiday, it is pretty snowy this year. 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2017 at 08:10
Little Christmas, many folks around me celebrate it. We always tried to keep the Tree up until it.

We've had snow twice in the last week, however the worst part of it has been the extreme cold. Right now it's 9F, wind chill 0F.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2017 at 08:28
It is frozen all.-9 in the morning in Thessalloniki yesterday.Taxi took me to the bus station on icy roads.Sea water went to ice over night.(-20 C?)I missed Christmas dinner cause of bus delays here.But i am home now. Ortodox Christmas was yesterday. Greece celebrates catholic one.(by date)But Tsipras threw the cross in Aegean waters near my hotel in Nea Kalikratia.

Edited by medenaywe - 14-Jan-2017 at 13:31
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2017 at 12:44
It was like Russian Invasian

Europe today *cries in -36C in daytime*
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2017 at 12:57
Global freezing is coming Aeoli!SmileUSA has nothing to worry about it cause it won that Clown elect that keeps them warmed all the time.WinkBoldly.
 Post Reply Post Reply