Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mevlana;Turk or Persian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Was mevlana Turk or Persian?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [37.70%]
38 [62.30%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mevlana;Turk or Persian?
    Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 13:03
Originally posted by Murtaza

"Salaheddin ayyubi" was a KURD!!

STOP STEALING IRANIAN HERITAGE!

I lost my sense here.

It looks like after some stupid turks claimed Kurds are Turk

Now some nicely Iranian(Dont  understand what is the meaning of this, You mean people who lived on iran land?) claim Kurds are Iranian.

Kurds are Kurds.

And Salahattin is a Kurdish hero who loved not just from kurds, but All muslims.

I am not saying Kurds of Turkey are Iranians,but IRANICs! In the same way,Turkmens of north-eastern Iran are not Turkish (=citizens of Turkey) but TURKICs!

If you can't get this,I am not responsible!

http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 13:06

Turkmens of north-eastern Iran  they call themself Turk. Do Kurds call themself iranic too? I think all people have to right name theirself.

We dont have right to give names to them.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 18:44

There is less known about the origin of Selladdin. Thet's the reason why kurds claimed him. 

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 00:42

Originally posted by HulaguHan

I just wanted to mention that, they were the citizens of an Empire, a Turkish one.

Except from Othman Empire (which has a very differnt story),may you tell us what factors make the residents of a country as Turksih citizens.
1)Rulers are Turkish originated,So In 1990-1993 you were a kurdish citizen (Thank you for your reminding)
2)Official language was Turkish?Well in QAjArs ,Safavids,Slajuqs and Khwarazmshahids official language was Persian.
3)Majority of peoples are Turkish origin? I don't think this was true even for Rum Saljuqs.

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 00:43

Turkmens of north-eastern Iran  they call themself Turk.

No sorry they call themselves as Turkmans.

Do Kurds call themself iranic too?

No surely not.

I think all people have to right name theirself.

Yes,definitly.

We dont have right to give names to them

No we don't have right to give names to them,but linguistics and anthropologists have this right to classify them and they don't need to ask the Kurd's view and actually it is not important.So Kurds are classified as Iranics wether they want or not but they can call themselves Atlantisians,Its up to themselves.

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 00:44

Tatar44

Actually the origin of Saladdin is completely known.Refer to Arabic history books at that time.It was they that mentioned saladdin is kurd.

Midas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 13:38

Turkmens of north-eastern Iran  they call themself Turk. Do Kurds call themself iranic too? I think all people have to right name theirself.

Not really... Turkmens are Turkic not Turk and they call themselves Turkmen and they speak Turkmen!! The difference between Kurds and Iranians is same with difference between Turks and Turkmens!!!

Prince of persia View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Prince of persia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 14:45

Who Can Siad Movelna is turk this is  new Cabbage

For More Info >>Do U know About wikipedia.org  website U Can Search About everything in  wikipedia.org website wen u search movelan u can see that please http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mevlana Turk people Must Find An Other Way to show Turk civ to world.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 14:51

Prince of persia

Infact He lived most of his life in anatolia.He made all work in anatolia. I dont know he is turk or persian but even he is persian, He had not much common things with persian. He lived in Turkish culture. and He had common things with turks.So If you look mevlana You will saw Turkish Culture. But If you look where he borned of whom he borned , This is another bussines.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:13
He went to Konya because of the Mongol invasion of Iran.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Midas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2005 at 10:33
His father was Iranian, i don't know his mother... When he was born, there was Turkic effect in Khorasan. His blood is i think half-Iranic half-Turkic, but he lived with Turkic people and he died in Turkey. And he wrote in Persian, because in that time Turkic people wrote Persian in literature. So he wrote in Persian and he had Iranian blood but he wasn't totally Persian...
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2005 at 12:21

Midas He write Turkish, Arab, and greek too. Infact I dont care Who will own Mevlana, If Greek wants Mevlana can be greek. But They should change name a little I think.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 13:25

He born in Konya, his father moved to Konya after he was invited by a Seljuq Sutlan before he was born.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 15:34
Originally posted by Midas

Not really... Turkmens are Turkic not Turk and they call themselves Turkmen and they speak Turkmen!! The difference between Kurds and Iranians is same with difference between Turks and Turkmens!!!

Not really. Kurds are Iranic people, and Turkmens are Turkic people, but in fact, the name "Turk" was used by Europeans to classify us. The Turkish origin of Anatolian Turks is Turkmen. So in fact, we are Turkmens, and all Turkic people are Turks, like all Iranic people are Iranians, but not Persians.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 15:36
Oghuz aren't Turkmen, are they?
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 13:40
Originally posted by kroglu

Originally posted by kroglu

Turkman from Chorasan

How do you know he looked like this?  How do you know his nose was like this, his eyes wer elike this?  His beard was like this?  You dont know these things, nobody does.  Rumi himself would never fight over his ethnicity, he spoke Persian, he spoke Turkish, he loved his religion and his God, Allah.  In the end, that is all he would want to be remembered by.

Let him rest in his grave knowing people love him for what he wrote, not what ethnicity he was.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 16:50

I agree.

And Zagros, Oghuz arent Turkmen, it is consisted of 24 (9 main) of Muslim, nonMuslim tribes. But during the Islamic expansion when Arabs reached Central Asia and met with Turks there, some western Turks (mainly Oguz) became Muslims. Then Muslim Turkic states and nonMuslim ones became rivals, such as Karakhanid State and Oguz Yabgu, Seljuk and Oguzz Yabgu etc. Western Turks (mostly Oguz) generally became Muslims, and to differ the Muslim Turks from the others, they were called "Turkiman"s, Turk+iman, Turk with religious belief. So mostly Oguz becamr Turkiman (because of Turkish grammer rules, Turkmen). So simply Turkmen are Muslim Oguz.

Aygucu Tonyukuk View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aygucu Tonyukuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 19:23
He is a Turk from Belh but I think he is not a good Turk because he wrote most of his poems in Persian, rather than Turkish.
Turkish History Forum
www.turktarihi.net
Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 23:59

Aygucu Tonyukuk:

Balkh before Mongol invasion was completely a Persian language speaking city. Did you use a Time Tunnel to have connection with Rumi?

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 18:27
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

and to differ the Muslim Turks from the others, they were called "Turkiman"s, Turk+iman, Turk with religious belief. So mostly Oguz becamr Turkiman (because of Turkish grammer rules, Turkmen). So simply Turkmen are Muslim Oguz.

I thought the word Turkmen was of Persian origin?  COming from the Persian, "Turk-manand"  Meaning of Turkish variety.  The turks took this word and called themselves "Turkman"  The same way they took "Muslimeen" and made it "Musulman"

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>