Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mevlana;Turk or Persian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Was mevlana Turk or Persian?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [37.70%]
38 [62.30%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mevlana;Turk or Persian?
    Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 16:45

He was a Persian form Afghanistan, but it doesn't matter... because he was a homosexsual humanist. 

Edited by Tatar44
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 10:34
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Mevlana??

He is a Persian poet!

He is a Khwarezmian (Turkish) Empire Poet from a Iranian origin.

Guys, in Empire ethnicity is a second thing. He was a citizen of a Turkish Empire. Like Selahattin Eyyubi was a citizen of Seljuk Atabeglik. Their roots are not THAT important. Case closed.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 10:41

tatar44 How do you learn his sexual choice? I think this is a history post. Not fantasy post.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 10:56
Originally posted by Murtaza

tatar44 How do you learn his sexual choice? I think this is a history post. Not fantasy post.
because he named his book after Shams (Diwn-e Shams) and in it he wrote love poems regarding his love for Shams.

Hulagohun, now Salahedin is Turkish?!
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 10:57

Ramin so? This means sexual love?

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 11:29
well... some scholars believe that those poems mean the sexual love if we look at the plain poems and also the fact that he never got married, but then again, Mulana was the founder of Sufism... you make a conclusion yourself 
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 12:08

that he never got married

I think this is wrong my friend. He have son named Velid(If I dont remember wrong)

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 12:17
 then there's your conclusion  I never knew that he had a son.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 12:24

He had. I think even their family have a web page in Internet.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 12:25

By the way Salahedin he is kurd. Well I wish he is Turk. He honored his kind well.

But I heard also his brother name was Turkish.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 17:39

read his book in wich he fantasize about boys.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 22:32

He had. I think even their family have a web page in Internet.

You're right, you can find it here: http://www.mevlana.net/index.htm

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 01:21

Not really Selahattin is Turkish.

I say, Selahattin is a Kurdish-origined and Molavi is an Iranian-origined Turkish Empire citizen. That gives the main credit to the empire.

It is very similar in US now. There are Chinese Americans, African Americans, Italian Americans, etc...

Main thing is, Selahattin gave a Turkish name tp his brother, Tug Tekin. He spoke Turkish, behaved like Turkish, that' s the drill.

Molavi, yes wrote the poems in Farsi, but still it makes him a citizen of Turkish Empire, Khwarizm Shahdom.

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 01:23

If we try to investigate the roots, origins od todays Turks, no one is Turkish Ramin. You will see many Greeks, Bulgarians, Iranians, Kurds, etc...

But we say we are Turkish.

Selahattin was a Seljuk.

Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 06:25
Originally posted by HulaguHan

If we try to investigate the roots, origins od todays Turks, no one is Turkish Ramin. You will see many Greeks, Bulgarians, Iranians, Kurds, etc...

But we say we are Turkish.

Selahattin was a Seljuk.

Hulago khan!

All of the world know that "Salaheddin ayyubi" was a KURD!! You can buy a ticket,go to Erbil and see how Kurds are loving him and considering him to be a Kurdish hero!

STOP STEALING IRANIAN HERITAGE!

Edited by Ardashir
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 06:43

Not really Selahattin is Turkish.

I say, Selahattin is a Kurdish-origined and Molavi is an Iranian-origined Turkish Empire citizen. That gives the main credit to the empire.

It is very similar in US now. There are Chinese Americans, African Americans, Italian Americans, etc...

Main thing is, Selahattin gave a Turkish name tp his brother, Tug Tekin. He spoke Turkish, behaved like Turkish, that' s the drill.

Molavi, yes wrote the poems in Farsi, but still it makes him a citizen of Turkish Empire, Khwarizm Shahdom.

Turkish citizens!

How funny to focus on citizenship in 1000 years ago?!

Man! we are talking about Medieval ages! get it?

It's like to say,Strabo was an Italian because he was a Roman empire's citizen!

[Edited by Admin]

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 07:21

Ardashir clean your message please and be polite!!!!

mageh bach shodi mard??!!!! fekr mikoni Unha farsi nemidoonand??!!!

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 07:25

Originally posted by hulaguHan

Citizenship didn't have any meaning at that time. Were MamAliks were Kurds because they were citizens of a Kurdish Empire (ayyubids)?These reasoning is ridiculous.They were Muslim thats all.At that time only two official language were used in Islamic countries,Persian and Arabic.Official language of Ayyubid dynasty was Arabic.Official language of slajuqian e Rum was persian.Does roman empire was Spanish because Trajan and Hadrian were spanish!!!!
Originally posted by hulaguHan

Main thing is, Selahattin gave a Turkish name tp his brother, Tug Tekin. He spoke Turkish, behaved like Turkish, that' s the drill

No This is wrong.He had two brothers TurAnshAh and Seyfoddin Adel.First name is persian and second name is Arabic.And Tugh Takin is not name ,Its a nickname.
Actually his behavour was much too arabs but Ibn Asir mentioned that He conqured egypt with his uncle ShirKuh at the head of Kurdish detachments of Nuraddin Army.And This is the drill.

Molavi, yes wrote the poems in Farsi, but still it makes him a citizen of Turkish Empire, Khwarizm Shahdom

1)Before 20th century and disintegration of Ottman empire there was no concept of nationalism in Islamic countries,As I Said Ayyubid time citizens of Syria and Egypt didn't became Kurds or in Saljuqian Time citizens of Iran didn't became Turk and In Ilkhanid Time citizens of Mongol empires didn't became mongols.

Selahattin was a Seljuk.

No He was not,If he was ,MamAliks were Kurds too.So kurds ruled Egypt more than 3 century and it was kurds who defeated mongols in AinJalut.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 07:25

"Salaheddin ayyubi" was a KURD!!

STOP STEALING IRANIAN HERITAGE!

I lost my sense here.

It looks like after some stupid turks claimed Kurds are Turk

Now some nicely Iranian(Dont  understand what is the meaning of this, You mean people who lived on iran land?) claim Kurds are Iranian.

Kurds are Kurds.

And Salahattin is a Kurdish hero who loved not just from kurds, but All muslims.

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 12:30

Guys I do not say Selahattin was not a Kurd. Yes sure he was a Kurd. Molavi was sure a Persian Poet.

We are all reasonable people here, Persians always had greatest poets.

I just wanted to mention that, they were the citizens of an Empire, a Turkish one.

Anyway, you can not find a real Turk very easily now in Turkey. If we think like you, Turkey should divide, because we have Iranians, Greeks, Caucasians, etc... And let the real Turks have some couple of cities, if possible seaside please. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>