Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStatus Quote

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Status Quote
    Posted: 16-Oct-2016 at 08:05
(I've removed the few verses from a post above to here to avoid repetition in this post.)

Christianity / Law/Commandments:

"if you love me you will keep my commandments" - John 14:15; 1 John 5:2-3.

"All law(s) are covered in one/two law/s:
(1) Love the Lord, and/or,
(2) Love your neighbour as yourself."
(/ "do unto others as would have done to you")
"Love is the fulfilment of the law" - Romans 13:8-10.
"I desire/require loving-kindness/mercy and not sacrifice".

"This commandment we have from him, that he who loves God should also love his brother." 1 John 4:21.
[We (humans not just christians) are all brothers like Cain & Abel, and, if we don't/do love/hate we do/don't hate/love (1 John 2:4-11; 3:11-12; 4:20).]

John 013:034 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just like I have loved you; that you also love one another. By this will all men know that you are my disciples")
John 015:012 "This is my commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you."
"Now I beg you, dear lady, not as though I wrote to you a new commandment, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another." 2 John 5
"and what is his [jesus] command(ment)(s)? to love one another and to believe on him who he has sent." 1 John 3:22-24.

General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2016 at 08:26
Genders & relationships:

"It is impossible to ask if woman is superior or inferior to man any more than it is possble to ask if water is superior to fire". - Julius Evola.

"The woman came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved." - Talmud.

"don't walk behind me or in front of me but beside me".

"[Love has 2 sides, it is half feeling, & half commitment/will (when no feeling)]" - paraphrase of/from CS Lewis.

"husbands love your wives like Christ love the church"

"intimacy is not just physical "intimacy" but a full meaningful relationship like some close siblings/friends have"

"Finally, Kali Yuga, the dark age of today, is riven  with quarrels, dissension, wars, and strife. Love  and sex are separated. ...." A Cotterell from Hindu myth. (sorry for repetition.)

"Marriage may be made in heaven, but the maintenance must be done on earth.... Don't ever stop dating your wife.... Don't ever stop flirting with your husband, so lets put this into action."

In the east physical "intimacy" is a mystical/cosmic experience:
"...sweeps into its flaming tides the whole essence of the man and the woman, and ... their concsiousness so that it fills the whole of cosmic space. For the moment they are identified with the  divine thoughts, the waves of eternal force...."

"this is a great mystery" - Bible.

"to a man who sees a naked woman and doesn't awe it is a mere profane act".

"It is not good for man to be alone" (- Genesis, Bible.)

"Happy the man who has a faithful wife, his span of days is doubled" (- Solomon.)

"For your eyes only" (- movie 'James Bond...'.)

"30% of NZers/Wellingtonians over 20 are singles" - Sarc.

"Of course men can multi task - they read on the toilet!" (- ?)

"In the beginning, God created earth and rested, Then God created man, and rested, Then God created women...Since then neither God nor man has rested" (- GF?)

General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2016 at 08:30
Writing/speech/language:

"Correct English is the slang of prigs who write history and essays." ~ George Eliot, Middlemarch, 1872.

"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." ~ Mark Twain.

"Devotees of grammatical studies have not been distinguished for any very remarkable felicities of expression." ~ Bronson Alcott.

"Correct spelling, indeed, is one of the arts that are far more esteemed by schoolma'ams than by practical men, neck-deep in the heat and agony of the world."
~ Henry Louis Mencken, The American Language.

"Women are the simple, and poets the superior, artisans of language ... the intervention of grammarians is almost always bad."  ~Rémy de Gourmont.

"When I split an infinitive, god damn it, I split it so it stays split."  ~Raymond Chandler

"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."
~ Attributed to Winston Churchill, rejecting the rule against ending a sentence with a preposition, c.1948, may instead have been said by an anonymous official.

"Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson:  you find the present tense, but the past perfect!"  ~Owens Lee Pomeroy

"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason."  ~ Richard C. Trench.

-----

"A text  without a context is a pretext"

General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2016 at 08:39
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal". ~ Albert Pine.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" ~ Pericles.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900).

-----

"man is a social animal/creature".

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." - Rudyard Kipling.

"united we stand divided we fall" / "strength in unity"
/ "divide & conquer"

"the strong man stands mightiest alone"

"while the health common folk instinctively close their ranks to form a community of the people, the intellectuals run this way and that like hens i a poultry yard, with them it is impossible to make history" - Hitler.

"common interest before self interests" - 25 Points.
("breaking the thralldom of interest" - 25 Points.)

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2016 at 18:16
AR I have always supported your efforts...but alas imo... as a Mod... ya beging to wander into the 'babel' mode. This forum is not your individual blog site to lament-profess-moralize...not to mention ya in the wrong gawdamn sub if ya was trying.

Cease and desist immediately.

Bring me the stuff I know ya capable of...thoughtful, insightful designed to elicite a response or no.. but of value to the entire community. Ya can cr,y piss, moan and declare I'm part of the Ct out to get ya silenced...don't matter. Because that's simply not the case. 

U in violation of spamming.

Who determines that? I do.

Dont like it...then bring me something to change my view. Don't.. Or respond in the negative to this post..Ill put ya on the bench.

Period.

Come back to the world of foruming.

Thread Closed.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12