Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quotes About World War II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ryan Edward View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ryan Edward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quotes About World War II
    Posted: 28-Sep-2016 at 05:14
Quotes About World War II

We no longer demand anything, we want war. 
- Germany's foreign minister, August 1939.

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, in land, and in the air. 
- Air Marshal Arthur Tedder.

Among the men who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common virtue. 
- Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz (March 16, 1945)

No other island received as much preliminary pounding as did Iwo Jima. 
- Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet

The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years.
 - James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy (February 23, 1945)

Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler. Just like I'd shoot a snake!
 - General George S. Patton, Jr (addressing to his troops before Operation Overlord, June 5, 1944)

We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender. 
- Winston Churchill.

The world must know what happened, and never forget.
 - General Eisenhower, while visiting nazi death camps, 1945.

History knows no greater display of courage than that shown by the people of the Soviet Union.
 - Henry Stimson.

Among the men who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common virtue - Admiral Nimitz.
I believe it is peace in our time.
- Neville Chamberlain, 1938

Today we rule Germany, tomorrow, the world.
 - Adolf Hitler

I am asking of no man more than I myself was ready throughout four years to do - Adolf Hitler
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. 
-Albert Einstein

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. 
- Winston Churchill, about R.A.F fighter pilots.

We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit. 
- General George S. Patton, Jr (addressing his troops prior to Operation Overlord, June 5, 1944)
walterscott807 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote walterscott807 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2017 at 08:25
Some would count exactly 51 Allied countries, since each became a charter member of the United Nations and in order to qualify for charter membership in the UN, a nation had to have been at war with one or more of the Axis nations. These 51 were: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Byelorussia SSR, Canada, Chile, China (Republic of..), Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Great Britain, Greece, Guatamala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iran, Iraq (post-Gailini government), Lebanon, Liberia, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines (Osmena government), Poland, Russia USSR, Saudia Arabia, South Africa, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine SSR, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela and Yugoslavia.

Edited by medenaywe - 01-Jul-2017 at 09:16
 Post Reply Post Reply