Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Revolution" or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Revolution" or not?
    Posted: 27-May-2005 at 11:31
In 1989 ,if i am correct,the students of China protested for more democratical procedures which ended sadly.Was the students' movement a "revolution" or simply a protest without a good result? 
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 11:54

well...it's aim wasn't to overthrow the government...simply trying to get it to carry out some sort of reforms...like, more freedom of speech and take a harder stand against corruptions ect...

during the prostest, students sang party songs and the Internationale and such...from which one can see that the protesters weren't anti-communist or anti-government before the crackdown.

if you ask me..i'd say it's a hell of a protest, but a pussy revolution.

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 13:16
Protest without a good res
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 13:37
res?
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 13:39
result.
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 13:41

Sth more that i would to addid that movement brought any changes in the country or not?

TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 22:02
Originally posted by babyblue

well...it's aim wasn't to overthrow the government...simply trying to get it to carry out some sort of reforms...like, more freedom of speech and take a harder stand against corruptions ect...

during the prostest, students sang party songs and the Internationale and such...from which one can see that the protesters weren't anti-communist or anti-government before the crackdown.

if you ask me..i'd say it's a hell of a protest, but a pussy revolution.

agreed.

True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
 Post Reply Post Reply