Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic for Irish Rebel Essay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ullardottir View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ullardottir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topic for Irish Rebel Essay
    Posted: 03-Apr-2016 at 10:24
Hi,
I'm currently working on a University project. The general topic of my seminar is "Individual Versus Society". I'm in love with Irish History from the Celts to the Easter Risings and absouluty knew I'd love to take a topic about the Irish from the start
Problem is my Seminar Mentor wants us to write about an indiviual, who is facing problems with society and how he or she deals or dealt with it. I talked to him a couple of times already and he generally doesn't seem to like me writing about rebellions. The only suitable biography of a rebel he agreed on was Guy Fawkes. So I've been researching biographies of Irish Rebels who kind of stood for something the general society didn't stand for. Anyways, I was hoping some of you might know good sources or could recommend a book or rebels I could look up, because I'm absolutly lost

Thank you so much!
Ullardottir [:)]
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2016 at 12:39
Considering this is the 100 year anniversary of the Easter rebellion, there has to be a bunch of material out there.

Try searching Michael Collins. It sounds as if your mentor might be a little biased.
In the US when someone mentions rebel, Jefferson Davis is first thought of.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2017 at 10:14
By the way, there is a version that Columbus was not the first who came to America. The first are the ancient Vikings and even have their remains of settlements, but since this was never documented somewhere, they consider Columbus to be the first.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2017 at 10:34
Originally posted by ranger047

By the way, there is a version that Columbus was not the first who came to America. The first are the ancient Vikings and even have their remains of settlements, but since this was never documented somewhere, they consider Columbus to be the first.

No one now considers Columbus first. He was, in fact, dead last. He just had a better press agent.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply