Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super Storm Sandy Redux

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Storm Sandy Redux
    Posted: 23-Jan-2016 at 09:59
The Jersey Shore is getting hammered. Flood levels are a foot above Sandy's worst.
Mandatory evacuations were ordered yest.

We have approx. 15" of snow now and it's supposed to keep snowing for another 8-10 hours.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2016 at 10:09
You can not predict the nature!Cold weather continues here!Night temperatures are below -10 Celsius!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2016 at 10:18
If it keeps up like this, I might have to shovel the roof.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2016 at 10:42
Prepare the tools!Winter 1985 was very the same!Snow till roof  for mountain watch tower.I was a soldier.
SmileIn ex-Yugoslavia it was inevitable duty!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2016 at 09:17
The weather report just said we might get a repeat thurs. - fri.

I have a drift sitting on my roof that's about 4 ft deep. After digging out our driveway and walks, I'm not sure if I have enough left to shovel; the roof.

Snow totals for our area reached 28 inches.

Edited by red clay - 25-Jan-2016 at 09:19
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2016 at 10:58
XZSDFCHXXX... ya wanna HA. that's what hired juvi's are 4. and even while ya aint filthy rich...do that.

As 4 the roof. tell him to only take off the top half to avoid damage from the shovel and lessening the weight.

Years of experience in this field. It was a part time job in college.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 25-Jan-2016 at 11:03
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2016 at 12:33
Which reminds me ..if ya streets aint cleaned yet...stay indoors eat homemade soup. and thank local government for once again failing to meet obligations...even after they have taxed yer ass to death via liberal leftism. Houses res areas and their streets aint the priority and they rarely ever adequately fund for it.

Ya cant win there ole Red. Come west pard climb high...aint least ya got a nice view.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply