Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is your favorite Chinese Emperor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHINESE EMPEROR?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [10.53%]
3 [15.79%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [42.11%]
1 [5.26%]
1 [5.26%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [15.79%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [5.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Online Status: Offline
  Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is your favorite Chinese Emperor?
    Posted: 24-May-2005 at 10:24

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHINESE EMPEROR?

I have found out that there are many Chinese nationals or overseas Chinese in the forum.  Goody!  I will ask them to take part in this poll. 

I know that the ten choices limits the emperors that I am able to list.  If you chose other, please share your choice with the forum.

Thank you!

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

taylor21 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote taylor21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 11:46
Who is tang tai zong?
Taylor.K
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 00:51
we had a poll like this, around janurary.
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 11:08
Tang Tai Zong = second emperor of the Tang Dynasty
AAAAAAAAAA

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 04:16

Hard question. Shi Huangdi is so fascinating, but Kangxi was a better civil administrator. ... So that's the basis of my vote.

- Ying Zheng

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 21:37
    kangxi a better civil administrator than Qin Shihuangdi?
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 21:52
Originally posted by Ying Zheng

Hard question. Shi Huangdi is so fascinating, but Kangxi was a better civil administrator. ... So that's the basis of my vote.

- Ying Zheng

I agree.  Shi Hunagdi was often harsh on his subjects while Kangxi opted for a more benevolent reign.

AAAAAAAAAA

Jiangji View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Jiangji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 19:38

Hong Wu-- greatest emperor of Ming dynasty. Overthrown Yuan and bring China back into peace and propesrity eventhough some may say he is clueless.

One clever thing he did that many emperor failed included Qing long, Yong le is that eliminate the power of court eunuchs, empress which causes the downfall of previous dynasty. He also create the famous code of laws named "Ta-Ming l" for China. Census was also being taken during his era.

Edited by Jiangji
Detach from emotions and desires; get rid of any fixations.
cliveersknell View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote cliveersknell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 01:02
Poirot
You forgot Khubilai
r's
Clive
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 00:02
AAAAAAAAAA

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 10:50
Are non-Chinese rulers of China available? If so, my vote goes for Kubilai Khan!
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 23:34
Zhu Di is now my favorite, but often times I switch back to Tang Taizong or Shi Huangdi.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 07:46
Khubilai Khan. He was the first foreign ruler of all china and at the same grand khan of mongols and splendid one in all things.  In comparison with him Qin Shi Huang Di was pitiful.   

Edited by blitz
Road to wisdom: err, err and err. But less, less and less!
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 09:40

In this order:

Tang Taizong, Han WuDi, Qin Shi Huang, Han Guang Wu Di, Wu Ze Tian (yes, believe it or not!), Yongle, Hongwu, Kang Xi.

RevanShan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote RevanShan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2005 at 16:16
Originally posted by blitz

Khubilai Khan. He was the first foreign ruler of all china and at the same grand khan of mongols and splendid one in all things.  In comparison with him Qin Shi Huang Di was pitiful.   

You're being very offensive here. It's like saying Queen Victoria was the greatest ruler of India, because she's the first foreign Empress of India and head of the great British Empire, so in comparison with the great Queen, Ashoka was so pitful.
blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 05:59

Originally posted by RevanShan

Originally posted by blitz

You're being very offensive here. It's like saying Queen Victoria was the greatest ruler of India, because she's the first foreign Empress of India and head of the great British Empire, so in comparison with the great Queen, Ashoka was so pitful.

I didn't vote for Khubilai, just because he was a foreigner. I said he was splendid in all things.  

Road to wisdom: err, err and err. But less, less and less!
Chinghiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Chinghiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 07:55

Originally posted by taylor21

Who is tang tai zong?

The half Sianbi-Mongol Guy! I love my Mongols!

Veritas lux mea
Chinghiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Chinghiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 07:59

Originally posted by babyblue

kangxi a better civil administrator than Qin Shihuangdi?

Yes, he was! He was from the Manchu barbarians, but ruled the whole chinese territory and even made the big mongolia or, at least, half of it to pay tribute to him. He also saved the Chinese culture and language and ordered to treat the Chinese as equal ashe traeted his Manchu people! 

Veritas lux mea
Chinghiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Chinghiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 08:03
Originally posted by poirot

Originally posted by Ying Zheng

- Ying Zheng

I agree.  Shi Hunagdi was often harsh on his subjects while Kangxi opted for a more benevolent reign.

Qin Shi Huang was from the west, which was called western barbarians, though his ancestors, 600 years before him, were from the Eastern barbarians.

He was sick of weak Zhou rule and the following several hundred years of split history and fights. So, he began to use force and power, like Jiang Jieshi did in Inner Mongolia and Yun Nan and Gui Zhou. 

By the way, was he really a Chinese????

Veritas lux mea
Chinghiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Chinghiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 08:06

Originally posted by cliveersknell

Poirot
You forgot Khubilai
r's
Clive

Poirot is right. Khubilai is a Mongol.

I am proud of him, don't say he is a Chinese emperor. He was the emperor of Green Mongol Empire and at the same time, he was also the ruler of the Chinese! But, he was not a Chinese!

Veritas lux mea
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>