Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Academia PC Police

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Academia PC Police
    Posted: 29-Jul-2015 at 18:05
This could be funny except when u get to the ridiculous....

"Preferred: U.S. citizen or Resident of the U.S.
     Problematic: American
Note: North Americans often use “American” which usually, depending on the context, fails to recognize South America
Preferred: North American or South American
     Problematic: American: assumes the U.S. is the only country inside these two continents.''

see: http://www.unh.edu/inclusive/bias-free-language-guide#race

This presumes, aamof, that I:

a. give a shit what liberal, progressive, loons would dictate.

b. would support fascism hidden in the 'guise' of liberal progressive pc ness.

c. need the aforementioned loons guidance in the first place.

d. support the aforementioned loons attempt to reduce my constitutional rights to freedom of speech and expression.

Iow.

When I say to the ether or to the loons who advocate this tripe....''go fuc yerselves ya silly, lieral, brain dead, bastards''..that...is not pc.

Ask me if I give a happy shit.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2015 at 19:19
The term 'America' can be confusing since colloquially it's used as short-hand for the U.S.A., rather than always referring to the North or South continents. Having two continents share the same name is in itself pretty ridiculous.

The land first called 'America' is what is now labelled as South America and Mexico. The Spanish colonization took the name northwards, and whilst North America is really 'north of America', the attempt to create a united Spanish empire 'of America' meant that the name stuck to the Northern continent as well.

To use 'American' to mean a resident of the USA is therefore using a borrowed word, and one can hardly blame the need to recognize how unfair it is to true 'Americans' to be have their identity purloined.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 00:24
''Note: North Americans often use “American” which usually, depending on the context, fails to recognize South America''

That includes Canada Sid. And they don't do that so the premise is horse dung to begin with. And while your's is all fine well and good not to mention accurate..... This pc madness is nothing more than apologia revisionism afaic.

As for 'true Americans'? They did not historically or traditionally identify themselves as Americans.....until forced.

iow. A Jupe or Kwaarʉ Nʉʉ did not so id themselves until after the US Army stuck em on the res. And then to avoid ongoing bigotry which didn't work anyway. And most of them still don't. So that term 'native American' like 'American Indians Was and remains a political euphemism. Invented by non Indians.

And then there were the Mʉtsahne who were genocided by the Mexicans...so they didn't even get a chance to decide.

Nah Sid tis all pc bullshit.

Liberal progressive, in the main, 'white' academia diatribe. Perping the illusion they really give a shit; other than to further their agendas of a political hegemony over minority groups in America.

You, ntl, did not answer my last question.

Nor did you address the assault on my constitutional right of expression...pc or other.

But hey who luvs ya Sid?

ya old Unkie Centrix eh.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2015 at 00:38
Most folks from a federal/provincial union only really see themselves
nationality-wise when involved with foreigners elsewhere anyhow..

At home, they are Texicans or what-not..
Be Modest In Thyself..
 Post Reply Post Reply