Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHis Holiness / Your Holiness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: His Holiness / Your Holiness
    Posted: 31-Jul-2015 at 18:56
LP: Do you recall this.

''I can answer that with ease. However the answer you seek; as is the case of many questions you have posed, ref the RCC, are self answerable. Viz research. Or a local RCC Priest.

The net is full of sites that can self educate you. And answer the question/s.

I appreciate your interest... but ntl, these questions you pose have a tendency to be viewed and perhaps justifiably so; by others, as a surreptitious form of either promotion or preaching a 'specific faith'.

And that's a no no as per the CoC.

There's no doubt in my ancient mind you are intellectually capable of finding the answer on your own.

My recommendation is do so.

Then if u still have an interest in expounding that particular subject matter, in a comparison and contrast fashion, eg. do protestants and or Islamists view a similar concept...return it to the forum.

You then will have accomplished three important things.

a. self educated yourself....improved your knowledge base.

b. broadened the topic material.....and possibly stimulate the interests of others to offer countering opinion or examples.

c. avoid a warning for 'preaching/proselytizing whether it was intentional or not.

I'm not commenting in this fashion to stunt your curiosity...far from it.

I believe you to be a good and productive member.... but I am commenting to provide with better options. In 'presentation' of your question.''

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35704&KW=&PID=710252#710252

Did you not infer the intent?

Or have u deliberately chosen not to take heed of my recommendation above?

''Update.

''AE members are obliged to follow any instructions or decisions by AE staff with immediate effect. This includes suggestions by private message, in which, noncompliance may result in a warning.''

amended to read warning or ban/suspension.''

'' 3. Trolling; Trolling is the act of posting witty, response-provoking comments that appear relevant in order to disrupt the discussion, annoy or create attention. Trolling can also be considered as Spam, inflammatory remarks, or annoyance.''

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6512&PID=709860#709860

you are in the arena of trolling. you will cease and desist this type of self indulgence. You are officially warned. Do it again and you are gone. Surreptitious preaching viz trolling is not going to be allowed. period. thread locked.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2015 at 17:59
He is called Holy because he is supposedly filled with the Holy Spirit, as he is a direct successor to St.Peter. All successors to the Aposolistic Sees were/are also called 'His Holiness'. It is not unique to the Pope, nor to Catholicism, nor even to Christianity.
LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2015 at 20:12
How did the style of His Holiness / Your Holiness in addressing the Pope originate? Was this title decided upon by Catholic bishops or Catholic cardinals?
 Post Reply Post Reply