Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Every country that harbors terrorists...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Every country that harbors terrorists...
    Posted: 23-May-2005 at 08:38

Venezuela's Chavez to Reconsider U.S. Ties

By CHRISTOPHER TOOTHAKER, Associated Press Writer Sun May 22,10:00 PM ET

CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez said Sunday that Venezuela would reconsider its diplomatic ties with Washington if the United States does not extradite a Cuban exile accused of plotting the 1976 bombing of a Cuban jet.

His statements came as a former U.S. prosecutor said he determined in a federal investigation that Luis Posada Carriles was at a 1976 meeting in the Dominican Republic where Cuban exile militants discussed plans to bomb a Cuban plane.

The information from former assistant U.S. attorney E. Lawrence Barcella Jr. could be used to convince an immigration judge to deny Posada U.S. asylum, The Miami Herald reported Sunday.

The ex-CIA operative is in U.S. custody awaiting a decision on whether he will be extradited to the South American country. He has denied taking part in the bombing.

"We can't rush things, but if the United States does not extradite Luis Posada Carriles we will be forced to reconsider our diplomatic ties," Chavez said on his weekly radio program. "We will have to consider whether it's worth having an embassy there, and whether it's worth the United States having an embassy here."

The 77-year-old is expected to request asylum at an immigration hearing June 13. He was charged Thursday with entering the U.S. illegally.

Venezuela wants to try the 77-year-old Cuban militant with murder and treason for the 1976 bombing, which tore apart the Cubana Airlines plane after it took off from Barbados.

Two men who worked for Posada allegedly planted the bomb and were sentenced to 20-year prison terms. Posada was acquitted twice and escaped from a Venezuelan prison in 1985 while prosecutors were appealing.

Posada has been acquitted twice in Venezuela of masterminding the Oct. 6 bombing that killed 73 people. He escaped from prison in 1985 pending an appeal by Venezuelan prosecutors.

Posada has denied taking part in the bombing.

A decision by U.S. authorities to charge Posada only with entering the country illegally has drawn sharp criticism from Chavez, who has accused the U.S. government of harboring a terrorist and trying to justify not turning him over.

Posada is expected to request asylum at an immigration hearing June 13. He was charged Thursday with entering the U.S. illegally, a move that could lead to his deportation

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 10:29

Since the US harbors terrorists, we should bomb them until they deliver them to international justice!

How long does it take for a Mirage to bomb NY?

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 10:37
You guys didn't understand the true meaning of Bush's words. When he said "Every country that harbors terrorists..." He really meant to say: "Every country that we dislike that harbors terrorists...

After all, the U.S. likes Saudi Arabia even though about 2/3 of the 9-11 attackers were Saudis, and recently published intelligence says that most suicide bombers in Iraq are Saudis. Do you think the U.S. will invade Saudi Arabia? If you answered yes, allow me to roll over on the floor with laughter.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 11:43
"Yiannis"
   from Mykonos to NY (JFK) = 8060 km assuming thats a Mirage 2005-5 doing 1400km/h (60% max capacity for fuel econnomy/distance) that would take about 6hours + time to re-fuel 6 times.. but tie the Mirage to a modified korean Taep'o-dong-2 / or Iranian Shahab-5..( with 6-15 stage versions.. loooooong fantastic version..) it will take about 12-30mins......
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 12:23
In the end,USA will eat their head.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 16:39
No one harbors more terrorists than Saudi Arabia, the de facto oil sugar daddy of America
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Kentuckian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kentuckian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 16:46
i have supported Bush in almost everything he has done, but if he "harbors" Carriles I think Venezuela has every right to be angry.  This business is a disgrace to the US.  The guy should definitely not be granted political asylum.
"I have not yet begun to fight." - John Paul Jones

"America will win through absolute victory" - President Franklin Roosevelt

"This was our finest hour." - Winston Churchill
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 23:52

Originally posted by hugoestr

You guys didn't understand the true meaning of Bush's words. When he said "Every country that harbors terrorists..." He really meant to say: "Every country that we dislike that harbors terrorists...

After all, the U.S. likes Saudi Arabia even though about 2/3 of the 9-11 attackers were Saudis, and recently published intelligence says that most suicide bombers in Iraq are Saudis. Do you think the U.S. will invade Saudi Arabia? If you answered yes, allow me to roll over on the floor with laughter.

I thought he meant "Every country that has oil that harbours terrorists..."

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 07:59
Texas has oil too.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 08:20

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Texas has oil too.

... as well as terrorists, actually one of them is in the White House as we speak...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 13:55
Originally posted by Tribunus militum

Originally posted by hugoestr

You guys didn't understand the true meaning of Bush's words. When he said "Every country that harbors terrorists..." He really meant to say: "Every country that we dislike that harbors terrorists... After all, the U.S. likes Saudi Arabia even though about 2/3 of the 9-11 attackers were Saudis, and recently published intelligence says that most suicide bombers in Iraq are Saudis. Do you think the U.S. will invade Saudi Arabia? If you answered yes, allow me to roll over on the floor with laughter.

I thought he meant "Every country that has oil that harbours terrorists..."

You are right, I need to further qualify:

"Every country that we dislike or has oil that harbours terrorists..."

If we include only oil, Saudi Arabia and Texas should be bombed. No one wants such a thing.

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:24
Mexico has oil too and we support terrorist. Does it counts ?
We are supporting one of the most dangerous terrorist groups ever, the GWB organization.
Winterhaze13 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Winterhaze13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:59
Well, many of the terrorists on September 11th lived in the United States or obtained Pilot licenses in the United States so perhaps the problem might be internal. After Afghanistan and Iraq do Americans feel any safer? I doubt it. Like the Vietnam War Americans will eventually realize that the war on Terrorism is a false-pretense for imperialism and aggression and will eventually abandon it. Although it might take them a while to realize it.
Indeed, history is nothing more than a tableau of crimes and misfortunes.

-- Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
Kentuckian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kentuckian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 16:03
imperialism, Vietnam and Iraq, what are you talking about?  We try to help some one out and you call us wrong for it.
"I have not yet begun to fight." - John Paul Jones

"America will win through absolute victory" - President Franklin Roosevelt

"This was our finest hour." - Winston Churchill
Winterhaze13 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Winterhaze13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 16:42

Originally posted by Kentuckian

imperialism, Vietnam and Iraq, what are you talking about?  We try to help some one out and you call us wrong for it.

Helping them out. How? By killing thousands of them and stealing their oil. I'm a political science major who is addicted to the economist so I know what I'm talking about and if you believe that the West acts out of good will then you are naive. Countries never "liberate" other countries unless it's out of self-interest. See Rwanda.

Indeed, history is nothing more than a tableau of crimes and misfortunes.

-- Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 17:05

....Iraq, what are you talking about? We try to help some one out and you call us wrong for it.

I didn't realise, Haliburton Oil was in financial difficulties before the latest Iraq war.
But Bush helped someone out, and I have a pretty good idea who that was!
And you're right there is nothing wrong with saving jobs for the boys.

Edited by Komnenos
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 17:39
Originally posted by Komnenos

....Iraq, what are you talking about? We try to help some one out and you call us wrong for it.

I didn't realise, Haliburton Oil was in financial difficulties before the latest Iraq war.
But Bush helped someone out, and I have a pretty good idea who that was!
And you're right there is nothing wrong with saving jobs for the boys.

I have to side with Komnenos, which almost never, ever, ever happens.

The Iraqi war was fueled on lies from the Bush adminstration, basing it on politically motivated "intelligence" reports. We all know what happened to the head of the CIA that approved those reports. He was... given the highest medal of honor.

The Iraqi war doesn't even benefit the U.S.. We are now economically more vulnerable than we were, and Saudi terrorists can still jump on a plane and bomb us out of existence.

Dick Cheney, the Jim Henson of the White House, was only looking after himself and his cronies when he decided to invade Iraq. Every one else, U.S. soldiers included, are worthless tools for him to achieve his aims.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 19:09

I'd check out this old post on this forum,

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2006& ;PN=9

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 19:40
I think they missed a few on that list. There are several high ranking officials from Papa & Baby Doc's rgime living in the USA. Also several Khmer Rouge diplomats live in the USA, and IIRC some members from Central American junta's from the 1980's as well.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 22:34

I think everyone forgets who (shall not be named. He is probably hiding under a "Bush" anyway)   governed the lovely Oil rich state of Texas.

Post Reply Post Reply