Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guitar/lute singer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mateuszlaw View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mateuszlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guitar/lute singer
    Posted: 22-Mar-2015 at 16:23
Hi,

My name is Matthew and i'm interested in the music of the English Renaissance.
It's nice to be here. This is what I do:

Best regards,

Matt

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2015 at 11:13
Welcome aboard. The human and political histories of each era, can be found in the music and humor of that certain time.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
mateuszlaw View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mateuszlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2015 at 17:15
Indeed Red. I'm interested in the subject of a today person's perspective on historical matter.  How to perform the songs without loosing oneself? How to be a historian but not become a bore? ;) Somehow I feel that wearing tights, wigs and using historical instruments moves me further away from Dowland. That's why i do what i do. I must add that Im not a historian. Wander what historians think.   
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2015 at 14:32
Welcome, Matthew! Have fun!
Grettir the strong View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Grettir the strong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2016 at 14:07
That's cool I have done some reproductions of Saxon instruments myself. Historical music is pretty cool stuff.
I know one thing that never dies; the judgement on each one dead.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2016 at 20:12
I'm partial to Madrigals, first sung after the Battle of Hastings, by the winners.
[the losers sat around singing shut up and deal]
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply