Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kingdom of Heaven Critique

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingdom of Heaven Critique
    Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 23:22
Salah Ad Din Did Not Expell Christians From the City He Expelled Crusaders not Native Christians or Jews, He was the one that actually brought the Jews back into jersusalem.
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 14:27
Poirot, I disagree with you.  The film was not in the right direction (you were correct about the inaccuracies though).  Kingdom of Heaven portrayed the crusades using outdated research, as several historians have pointed out in their reviews.  What I hated the most about this movie was the way they portrayed King Guy and the Templars as villians.  They made the Templars into some kind of medieval gestapo, which is completely inaccurate.  As for Guy, he wasn't any badder than anyone else at the time.  In fact, contemporary accounts describe him as being weak and easily led by other men.  Another inaccuracy I noticed was when Balian was fighting what appeared to be Teutonic knights (white clothes with black cross).  The Teutonic knights were not formed until after the fall of Jerusalem to the muslims and therefore would not even have been formed at the time of the movie.  I did purchase this movie, because the action scenes are good and I like medieval history.  Its disapointing, because they could have made a fair and balanced movie if they had wanted to.  Instead we got a politically correct version of the crusades.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12