Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greece and Turkey genetic map( today)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greece and Turkey genetic map( today)
    Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 17:02

This kind of studies are based on dna material which are responsible for the physical aspects of human body and doesn't explain someones racial origine.  The genetic prof. Cavelli-Sforza is also an idiot who thinks a race map can build with dna material. 

If you want to explain or prove someones racial origine you have to  compare the DNA material with  'the original' one. In my case i have to compare my DNA with the DNA of the 'proto-Turk', so that i can say i'am for ...% Turk. There is no such a proto-Turk, so this kind of dna-race theories are nothing else than bullsh*t.       

Edited by Tatar44
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 01:12
Originally posted by Tatar44

This kind of studies are based on dna material which are responsible for the physical aspects of human body and doesn't explain someones racial origine.  The genetic prof. Cavelli-Sforza is also an idiot who thinks a race map can build with dna material. 

If you want to explain or prove someones racial origine you have to  compare the DNA material with  'the original' one. In my case i have to compare my DNA with the DNA of the 'proto-Turk', so that i can say i'am for ...% Turk. There is no such a proto-Turk, so this kind of dna-race theories are nothing else than bullsh*t.   

Welcome Tatar44,

It is nice to see you in AE and it is also nice to see a reasonable man who think like me.

They are comparing Mongol genes and Anatolian Turkish genes and conclude that "Anatolian Turks are not genetically Turks". This is really stupid.

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 07:37

turkey=35% dinaricized mediterraneans( greek colonist), 20% mediteraneans( aegean coast,greek colonist), 25%irano afghans( eastern turkey, kurds),turanids ( original semi oriental turkics, inhabits continental parts of central anatolia one of them being region around konya)== 35% DM / 25 %IA / 20%med / 20% T.... THE TODAY TURKISH DNA....

for what comparition  with pro turks do u speak?

[/QUOTE]
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 07:42
 this is a today turkey s population DNA TEST . nothink to do with pro turks. dont confuse plz..
Originally posted by Alparslan

Welcome Tatar44,

It is nice to see you in AE and it is also nice to see a reasonable man who think like me.

They are comparing Mongol genes and Anatolian Turkish genes and conclude that "Anatolian Turks are not genetically Turks". This is really stupid.

View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 10:21
Tatar44 what kind of Tatar are you?
Uyghur Oghli View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Uyghur Oghli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 13:19

I watched a documentary in PBS the other day. It was about the migration of the human race out of Africa. The interesting part is that an Uyghur (?) named Niyazov who lives in Kazakhstan is genetically connected to the nomadic Chukchi people in the Russian arctic circle in Siberia and the Navaho Indians in Arizona.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 17:48

Originally posted by Abakan

Tatar44 what kind of Tatar are you?

a Crimean Tatar borned in Kazakhstan and Kazakh citizin who works now in Holland.   

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 17:58
Originally posted by Uyghur Oghli

I watched a documentary in PBS the other day. It was about the migration of the human race out of Africa. The interesting part is that an Uyghur (?) named Niyazov who lives in Kazakhstan is genetically connected to the nomadic Chukchi people in the Russian arctic circle in Siberia and the Navaho Indians in Arizona.

Turks exists of 3 head-tribes.

user posted image

Uygurs are very relative to Tatars and member of the Kipak tribe. the nomadic Chukchi people are member of the Saka(Yakut) tribe. Of course they are genetically connected.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 22:41
Originally posted by Uyghur Oghli

I saw that show last night on PBS.  Niyazov Beys, I think he was an Uygur in Kazakistan, ancestors and himself are genetically connected to almost all humans on Earth.  While all our ancestors were in Central Asia about 40,000yrs. ago and spreaded throughout the world, his ancestors stayed there and have not mixed with any other race.  So he's the only person, known, to have the same genetic codes of just about every human and race on Earth today.  While we're all argueing about our DNA and other sh*t that proves who we are, watching that show would shut us all up.  Niyazov Bey is the only human, known, that can say his blood is pure, this was scientifically proven.

Edited by Feramez
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 03:10

I'm not an expert in genetics, far from it, but since all humans evolved in Africa and then moved to Asia and Europe, how can the above be truth? Or perhaps they meant it in a different way

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 05:55

Does anyone know the genetic make up of Tatars?

Which Tatars my friend? Crimean Tatars are predominantly Caucasoid with a bit Mongoloid admixture.

Volgid Tatars have more Mongoloid admixture and actually look Turanid.

http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 06:10

Originally posted by Ionian

i  give this maps to show  that greeks and turkish populations r very similar in genetic tests(DNA)... just look at the colors and the first post of this topic..

Can you explain the map?

Turks are more close to Iranians and other Middle Eastern peoples than to Greeks.Actually Iranians,Turks,Kurds,Ossetians (=exotic Iranics),Lebanese and to some extent Greeks are related together.

From the same research:

As you can see,Greeks are really a people genetically fall between Middle easterns and Europeans! Even the Turkmens and Armenians have more European genes than Greeks.

source:

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/98/18/10244

This part is good for bothering Turkish Ultra-Nationalists:

"

The Turkish and Azeri populations are atypical among Altaic speakers (Table 1) in having low frequencies of M130, M48, M45, and M17 haplotypes. Rather, these two Turkic-speaking groups seem to be closer to populations from the Middle East and Caucasus, characterized by high frequencies of M96- and/or M89-related haplotypes. This finding is consistent with a model in which the Turkic languages, originating in the Altai-Sayan region of Central Asia and northwestern Mongolia (31), were imposed on the Caucasian and Anatolian peoples with relatively little genetic admixture---another possible example of elite dominance-driven linguistic replacement. "

Sorry for Bozkurtlar!

PS:

1-the blue color (M9) indicate the Mongoloid genes.As you can see,Iranians and Armenians have a bit Mongolid genes because of Altaic (Turk-Mongolian) invasions (it is surprising that we have less Mongolid genes than Armenians.).But Russians have a much more Mongolid gene than us! Even more than Turkic Turkmens! who is responsible? Batu khan?! Golden Horde? or Finno-Ugrians?! only god know!

2-the yellow color (M89) have originated in Middle East and indicate Neolothic farmer's ancestry.

3-M17 indicate Indo-European ancestry.(if we accept the theory that put PIEs in Ukrainian plains!)

4-M173 is an indicator of Upper-Palaothic ancestry and originated in Iberian peninsula

Edited by Ardashir
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 06:46
Originally posted by Yiannis

I'm not an expert in genetics, far from it, but since all humans evolved in Africa and then moved to Asia and Europe, how can the above be truth? Or perhaps they meant it in a different way

The show explained how humans came from Africa then moved to Central Asia, stayed there for a while and then spreaded out in different directions.  I don't understand what you don't get.

dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 07:33
The above maps are debatable. There are so many different genetic maps. But when I see that Macedonians in the map are a different tribe and not a greek, I can imagine the source of it..
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 07:46
It refers to Slavomacedonians, so basically it looks correct.
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 10:28

Ardashir, you dont have to be sorry for Bozkurts, at least they know what they are...

You say the blue genes are Mongoloid genes. How the hell can the Finlandians or a south Indian be half Mongoloid? Or how can the Mongols be less Mongoloid than Kazakhs? If you are that ignorant to take such maps seriously, it is time for you to go to the nearest lab and apoligize...

This map is rediculous, not only for Turks, but for all nations. According to this map, a Russian is more mongoloid than a Kazan Tatar. Czechs are more middle eastern/north african than Spanish. And Turkmens are more European than Czechs...

Before posting your nonsense, have a little look at them, not just not to make us busy with those things, but also for your own sake. You make yourself lower and funnier...

Oh, look at your first joke, as you say "from the same research"... This thingy looks like a joking flower. It shows Turkmens, Czechs and Brits in the same group while an Ukrainian, a Tajik and a Mongoloid Kyrgiz are in another common genetical group. Well done Ardashir, good sense of humour...

The real thing is, some Turks are Caucasoid, some are Turanoid. The Turanoid ones are differed among with others with the percentage of Mongoloid genes they have. Today, even in the Central Asian republics and western China/Mongolia, the Turkic people have genetical structures of Turanoid race, but the Mongoloid genes ratio is always under fifty percent except the Kazakhs. Since Iran had been ruled by Turkic and a Mongolic (Ilkhanid) societies, from eleventh century until the collapse of the Safavid Dynasty, it is natural that we, Iranians and Turks look like each other. Dont be ashamed of your Turanoid genes, they are good for you, and there is no need to become racist or jelous...

Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 13:33
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Ardashir, you dont have to be sorry for Bozkurts, at least they know what they are...

You say the blue genes are Mongoloid genes. How the hell can the Finlandians or a south Indian be half Mongoloid? Or how can the Mongols be less Mongoloid than Kazakhs? If you are that ignorant to take such maps seriously, it is time for you to go to the nearest lab and apoligize...

This map is rediculous, not only for Turks, but for all nations. According to this map, a Russian is more mongoloid than a Kazan Tatar. Czechs are more middle eastern/north african than Spanish. And Turkmens are more European than Czechs...

Before posting your nonsense, have a little look at them, not just not to make us busy with those things, but also for your own sake. You make yourself lower and funnier...

Oh, look at your first joke, as you say "from the same research"... This thingy looks like a joking flower. It shows Turkmens, Czechs and Brits in the same group while an Ukrainian, a Tajik and a Mongoloid Kyrgiz are in another common genetical group. Well done Ardashir, good sense of humour...

The real thing is, some Turks are Caucasoid, some are Turanoid. The Turanoid ones are differed among with others with the percentage of Mongoloid genes they have. Today, even in the Central Asian republics and western China/Mongolia, the Turkic people have genetical structures of Turanoid race, but the Mongoloid genes ratio is always under fifty percent except the Kazakhs. Since Iran had been ruled by Turkic and a Mongolic (Ilkhanid) societies, from eleventh century until the collapse of the Safavid Dynasty, it is natural that we, Iranians and Turks look like each other. Dont be ashamed of your Turanoid genes, they are good for you, and there is no need to become racist or jelous...

he he he!

man! that research have been presented by National Academy of sience of USA! Several univercities participated in this research:

Imperial Cancer Research Fund Cancer and Immunogenetics Laboratory and Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Headington OX3 9DS, United Kingdom; c Institute of Immunology, Academy of Sciences, Tashkent, Uzbekistan; d Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305; e Department of Medical Genetics, Archangelsk State Medical Academy, Archangelsk, Russia; f Department of Human Genetics, School of Public Health, University of Texas, Houston, TX 77030; g Centre for Advanced Studies in Functional Genomics, School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India; h Mark Read Photography, 2 Beatty Road, London N16 8EB, United Kingdom; i Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637; j Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 1QU, United Kingdom; k Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Headington OX3 9DS, United Kingdom; l Department of Pediatrics, State Medical Institute, Tbilisi, Georgia; m Immunology Laboratory, Mikaelin Surgical Institute, Yerevan, Armenia; n Department of Immunology, University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 14496, Iran; o Tajik State Medical Institute, Dushanbe, Tajikistan; p Pamir Biological Laboratory, Khorog, Tajikistan; q Genetics Research Laboratory, Chronic Care Center, Hazmieh, Lebanon; r Institute of Nutrition, Almaty, Kazakstan; s Institute of Cardiology, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; and t State Medical Institute, Ashgabad, Turkmenistan

Now,if you have a problem with the research's findings,you can easily write a letter to those univercities and explain why they are wrong!

About the so-called Turanid race,it is not a well-defined race.Anthropologists used to call Caucasoid-Mongoloid hybrids as "Turanid"!

And about Turanid genes in Iranians,as you can see,it is very lower than you would us believe! Actually many Turkic tribes who have rulled Iran,were a blend of Mongoloid Turkics + Iranian nomads such as Sarmatians,Scythians,Masagetians....

Therefore,we have not been influenced genetically by Turkics as high as Russians and others!

About Finns,they have ~60% Mongolid ancestry on their paternal linage which is shown in the map,but since their maternal liange is mostly Caucasoid,therefore they look like more Caucasoid than Mongoloid.

Blue genes are Mongoloid,but not the ONLY Mongoloid marker! try to be more logic man!

Anyway,I not racist at all.At least in comparison to Bozkurtlar!

Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 13:39

Originally posted by dorian

The above maps are debatable. There are so many different genetic maps. But when I see that Macedonians in the map are a different tribe and not a greek, I can imagine the source of it..

As Yiannis said,Macedonians in the map are Slavic Macedonians,not Greek Macedonians.

dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 18:45
OK then. Now it's clear enough 
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 18:51

Y-Chromosome perspective study of Paleolithic Homo Sapians Sapians in Extant Europeans. From Standford.
(Paternal, Not Maternal)

Shows similar results...

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>