Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greece and Turkey genetic map( today)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greece and Turkey genetic map( today)
    Posted: 23-May-2005 at 11:15
I don't know exactly but I've always heard Tatars are a mixture of Turkish and Mongoloid genes.  I could be wrong though.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 22:31
Hmmmm - what was the methodology?
I suppose that explains my Greek half-
40% med./ 25% D.M/ 20% UP/ 10% dinarik/ 5% N.

Now how about my mostly Nordic/Celtic half!!

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 10:07
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 10:48
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 12:32
Can you explain the map?
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 12:41
 i  give this maps to show  that greeks and turkish populations r very similar in genetic tests(DNA)... just look at the colors and the first post of this topic..
Originally posted by Abakan

Can you explain the map?
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 12:43
 specialy in the 2 map  look greece - turkey - cyprus.... very similar...QUOTE=Abakan]Can you explain the map?[/QUOTE]
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 15:02
Hmm we Tatars seem to have alot of genetics in common with Uighurs.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 15:12
well yes,today greek and turk similar to each other
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 18:22
Well the greek and the turkish composition are not too close. The yellow part in turks is about 60% but in greeks 30 or less..We are closer to the Czechs (as they are of caucasoid or indoeuropean origin too).

Edited by dorian
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 20:01
 the  yellow part= east meditteraneans...
Originally posted by dorian

Well the greek and the turkish composition are not too close. The yellow part in turks is about 60% but in greeks 30 or less..We are closer to the Czechs (as they are of caucasoid or indoeuropean origin too).
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 01:21

Would you please give us the link Ionian?

But if the yellow part is related with Eastern Meditteranean so what about Kazan Tatars and Uighurs?

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 07:22
The maps look terribly wrong !!!
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 07:27

This evidence is not very accurate. Yes the Turks are very mixed, although the extent of which greatly varies. A Turk from Istanbul is likely to have less pure Turkish blood then that of somone from Konya. In todays day an age with migration being common the diffrences can vary a lot from each individual in one area. Even in TRNC some Turks have green eyes with blond hair, some are brown resombling those of the Indian sub-continant, others have meditaranian looks, some have mongoloid eyes. There are even those mixed with black Egyptions.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how less the percentage if you feel like a Turk then you are one. As not a single race in the world is 'pure'.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 08:27
go say that in a mhp meeting,the'll kill you for that
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 08:53

Yeah the Turks have a lot of differencies. The admixture is significant and it's obvious because in western Turkey some Turks look like greeks or slavs or italians or..... But I'm getting really angry when someone says that a Turk is not real Turk because he has white skin. All the old nations do exist! Some of them have a big percentage of admixture while some else not. The nations have a process. We all live on earth! The turkish or any other people's blood doesn't vanish. Times change..people change!

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 09:23
Originally posted by OSMANLI

i agree!

The fact of the matter is that no matter how less the percentage if you feel like a Turk then you are one. As not a single race in the world is 'pure'.

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 09:31

im not open this topic for divide.....  but to show how similars ( greeks and turkish)  r.

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 09:33
 look halpogroups genetic maps
Originally posted by Alparslan

But if the yellow part is related with Eastern Meditteranean so what about Kazan Tatars and Uighurs?

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 10:52
   the link:http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/98/18/10244 & nbsp;
Originally posted by Alparslan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>