Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sun Fire Warmth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dublin View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sun Fire Warmth
    Posted: 03-Nov-2014 at 15:08
Cyrus you are right. I mention these persian words and sanskrit words as well. This is an ancient cluster. The thing is the clusters from Serbian and Irish are disproportionately bigger and closer than the clusters from other languages...
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2014 at 12:31
I didn't read your text completely but there are also some similar words in Persian, for example "Garma" means warmth and "Gor" means blaze: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/blaze#Translations Sun can be really a huge "gor".

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 28-Oct-2014 at 12:34
dublin View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote dublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2014 at 11:11
I would like to present here an amazing word cluster which I have found in Serbian and Irish. The word cluster is related to heat (warmth), the most basic sources of heat and the most basic uses of heat. The fact that this word cluster relates to such basic terms, suggests that it originated very early, maybe even in Neolithic and maybe even in Paleolithic time. Apart from Serbian and Irish, this word cluster is found in part in other "Slavic" languages and in traces in other "Celtic" languages. I would really appreciate any additional information regarding the existence of the words from this word cluster in other languages. 

You can read more here:

Post Reply Post Reply