Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jack the Ripper Caught: 8 Mysteries Tech Should So

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack the Ripper Caught: 8 Mysteries Tech Should So
    Posted: 18-Sep-2014 at 12:33
Maybe...maybe not.
http://www.informationweek.com/it-life/jack-the-ripper-caught-8-mysteries-tech-should-solve/d/d-id/1315635

http://www.informationweek.com/it-life/jack-the-ripper-caught-8-mysteries-tech-should-solve/d/d-id/1315635

''WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Jack the Ripper unmasked...''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2746321/Jack-Ripper-unmasked-How-amateur-sleuth-used-DNA-breakthrough-identify-Britains-notorious-criminal-126-years-string-terrible-murders.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2746321/Jack-Ripper-unmasked-How-amateur-sleuth-used-DNA-breakthrough-identify-Britains-notorious-criminal-126-years-string-terrible-murders.html

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/it8217s-case-closed-for-jack-the-ripper--alas-20140910-10et93.html

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/it8217s-case-closed-for-jack-the-ripper--alas-20140910-10et93.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Kosminski

Edited by medenaywe - 18-Sep-2014 at 15:15
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2014 at 18:15
Can people post more details than just links, as some of us only have dialup and it takes ages to view links.

My blog stats showed a recent search for "dna & JTR & [Rob James Lee i think it was?]", yet this says Kosminski?

So i was wrong about Mary Jane Kelly (see my JTR post at 2rbetterthan1.wordpress.com).

How come whenever someone else makes a discovery they get blasted around the world (Richard the 3rd, Teutoberg, Staffodshire hoard, JTR, etc), while i made a great discovery/discoveries (12 battles of Arthur, maybe some others) and i just get silenced/ignored (and banned and people saying don't write to me anymore)?
How come others can just use dna, metal detectors and don't have to do hard work to write-up a paper according to all the requirements that academia stipulate before accepted proven like i have to?

Why did the policeman take the shawl and give the shawl to his wife?

I think it is cheating to (just/only) use technology/dna. I still think the need more than just the mit dna. What about handwriting etc?
 Others always force me to have to answer all sorts of tangent not-directly related/necessary questions before they accept my discovery.

I also think it is offensive for the article writer to label people "obsessive", "junk", "empty and ... worthless". In fact that seems ti suggest to me possibly some lying agenda behind this? Even if not lying/agenda it is still stuck-up snobbish, gloating/gleeful which i am sick of from "academia/science". (The Kennedy "lone misfit" comment also seems suspicious to me.)

JTR letter/s said he was not a foreign skipper, yet Kosminski was Polish born? (Tho the letters may not have been genuine.) JTR letters said i am not a Yid, but Kosminski was Jewish.
They say that Eddowes was too poor to own the expensive shawl.  Kosminsky could have just "self abused" with the shawl as a fetish?
Interestingly i had a theory before that JTR was a barber, and Kosminski is a hairdresser.
I guess they could be right, since last non-canonical murder was 1891 when Kosminiski was put in asylum.

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2014 at 22:05
I wasn't able to get through to AE for a little while there. I have also posted this below as an update to my blog JTR article.

The possible evidence for Kosminsky being JTR:
- the mit. DNA & spattered blood & split body parts evidence / kidney cell in [Eddowes] shawl/scarf.
- Kosminsky is Jewish. The only JTR witnesses who were Jewish witnesses "wouldn't testify against a fellow Jew". MJK seen talking with Jewish man before she died. "It is not for nothing that the Juwes are blamed for nothing."
- shawls are Jewish. A Jew would be able to afford expensive one.
- Kosminsky was a suspect & was named in that policeman's note. Someone said "the Police had believed they knew the identity [of JTR]".
- Dates: 2 alleged shawl dates sept 29 (west, Eliz Stride & Cath Eddowes) &/or nov 8 (east/orhtodox, MJK). The last non-canonical murder was 1891 when Kosminiski was put in asylum.
- he was living in the local area (Greenfield Str only 200 yards from 3rd victim Stride's death site).
- he was a hair dresser. JTR could have been a barber/hairdresser because of the cutting necks/ears/faces/etc, sharp knife, adept with knife, blood pass unnoticed, apron, [cut from behind?].
- Kosminsky was a misogynist, and suffered from mental ill-health.
- dye evidence that shawl made in eastern Europe 19thcent. Shawl eastern/western church date [~ Poland?].
- Kosminsky's picture looks like he could be JTR (more than theother 5 "main suspects" pictures).

Some of the possible Evidence against or not-for Kosminsky being JTR (or oddities/questions that need to be answered to prove if/that he was JTR) :
- why did police close case after MJK (disbanded Vigilance group, removed extra police, "great hush")?
- why did MJK papers go missing until 1987?
- JTR letters said "I'm not a foreign skipper" while Kosminsky was Polish-born. JTR letters said "I'm not a Yid" while Kosminsky was Jewish (religion). JTR letters said "I'm ... your own light hearted friend". "I'm down on whores"? 
"From hell" would make more sense from someone else like MJK than from Kosminsky?
Doesn't fit the language of the JTR letters.
(Though the letters may not have genuinely been from JTR.)
- Kosminsky wouldn't have anatomical knowledge (& speed)? (Though barbers/hairdressers shared same guild as surgeons.)
- why the name Jack? (Tho could be from Jeckyll & Hyde? Kolchak?)
- the connection with Stride/Eddowes and MJK could connect with my theory since Eddowes & MJK connected? Hanbury/Harbury Street where Chapman died is near MJK's room in Spitalfields on map that Edwards is pointing his finger at in photo.
- the 5 canonical murders are different to the others. Kosminsky wasn't put in asylum until 1891.
- was he strong enough?
- Kosminsky was "harmless" at the asylum.
- They say that Eddowes was too poor to own the expensive shawl.
- Why did the policeman take the shawl and give the shawl to his wife (even if she was a dress maker)?
- the way one of the 3 articles writers wrote insulting amateurs/etc ("obsessive", "delights to debunk", "junk", "empty and ... worthless" "faux-scientific", "anguished denial", "peevishly dismissed", "flimsy", "desperate claim", "fevered")  makes me suspicious (coupled with the also maybe suspicious "JFK shot by lone misfit" comment). [Even Edwards saying Kosminsky was "a pathetic creature"/"lunatic" rings suspicious to me. The crimes were bad, but who are we to judge people.]
- strange that the dna just happened to agree with his favoured suspect?
- "no one was ever identified as the Ripper".
- dna can be deceptive/misleading (misinterpreted, contaminated, planted, shared by or common to more than one related persons). Kosminsky could have just "self abused" with the shawl as a fetish, or been a client, etc?
- "no peer review". (Though this isn't always fair/true, eg people accused mine of same but "peers" like Jackson refuse to even read/review/reply.)
- why would he (JTR / Kosminsky) "leave it [the scarf] as an obscure clue of where he was going to strike next"?
- Kosminsky was under surveilance/monitoirng.
- there was no sexual violation in the cases?
- the dna is only one murder, what about the other 4/5/10 murders? (though the alleged 2 shawl dates connect 1/2 other/s)
- "The mutilation of a human creates a tremendous mess and the killer would be covered in blood. Aaron lived with his brother and sister who would clearly would be aware that their brother was guilty of murder when returning home."
- police didn't have enough evidence to convict/connect Kosminsky.
- what was his motive/motivation (as Edwards says/implies himself even)?
- Edwards says doesn't wish to find any more evidence. His "sense of disbelief"? One of the 3 articles writers saying "nothing left to solve/no more evidence/no more leads to follow" seems suspicious to me.
- dna was "Russian Jewish" not Polish?
- seems to much like the shroud of Turin?
- the shawl was supposed to be "soaked in blood", and "unwashed", yet there were only some spots/stains?

timeline with Kosminsky/shawl dates inserted/added:
{1666 historical date connected with rls
1678 jack ketch
1686 jack ketch}
1752 the red fox campbell/app in forest
1789 french revltn
{[1803 spring-heeled jack?]
1808 shj}
{1837 shj 
1841 mary cecil rogers ny
1843 shj
1846 insp edmund reid born}
{{1862/1863 birth jack russell
1866 rls
1868 prof jenkin
1872/1873 shj
1877/1878/1879 shj}
shawl made in eastern Europe in 19th cent.
the Komsminsky's fled to UK early 1880s. <1880-1887 eur/us/searchplace>
{1884-5 texas jtr
*1884-7 rls in bournemouth
*1886 jeckyl & hyde
*1887 rls plan cruise; sir ac doyle*; [?RLS]tocolorado1887*; william gull retired 87'
kosminsky 23 y.o. in [1888].
*1888 canonical jtr, rls pacific, jack russel marries, shj; thames Torso killer/murders/mysteries; druitt suicide dec 1888; WCVC disbanded monthafterMaryKelly bef19dec88;
*1889 rls pacific; wilkie collins; 1889 francis thompson's end crowns the work;*
1890 rls pacific, tim buckland, polly nichols; Gull died;
kosminsky hairdresser/workhouse 1890
kosminski locked in asylum 1891
1891 wc jtr, nyc jtr, sir ac doyle*
1891-4 usa/germany jtr
1892 rls pacific, jr tolkien born; alb vict died 1892; jk stephen died 1892; 1892 thompson; Duke died;
1894 rls pacific,1894 morrison?}}
{1900 pc thompson stabbed
1904 shj;
1907 thompson died}
{1917 insp edmund reid dies
kosminski died 1919.
1922 jack russell dies
1927 james kelly turned himself back in*
1933}
{1960 stowell;
1966 lavey;
1970 stowell;}
1986 shj
missing MJK papers returned 1987
1987/88 dear boss letter returned/recovered; [a century after the murder Harrison & Paley]
shawl in Scotland Yard Crime Museum storage 1991
richPatterson1998/1999
shawl reclaimed, exhibited at conference 2001
J Deep movie 2001
2006 ipswich murders
shawl test inconclusive 2006
Edwards bought shawl 2007.
shawl tests began 2011
2012 shj.
cells found in shawl 2012
shawl news break 2014 (dna tech "not possible 5 years ago").

For now all i can say is as Centrix said, "maybe, maybe not", can't be certain either way.

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 20-Sep-2014 at 00:35
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2014 at 10:34
good additional info there A-R. Questions will always remain. Dunno.. till critical peer review is done on the shawl...I'm not buying anything.

To many conflicting datums.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2014 at 10:58
ps. I've checked your blog. good yeoman work. Bottom line? I just don't read as many as I used to....nothing personal.

most blogs I see today are shitt. your an exception. as u at least try to research and then express thoughts. keep at it...ya never know you may have Pulitzer coming yet.

S. T. Friedman

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2014 at 11:24

How come whenever someone else makes a discovery they get blasted around the world (Richard the 3rd, Teutoberg, Staffodshire hoard, JTR, etc), while i made a great discovery/discoveries (12 battles of Arthur, maybe some others) and i just get silenced/ignored (and banned and people saying don't write to me anymore)?
How come others can just use dna, metal detectors and don't have to do hard work to write-up a paper according to all the requirements that academia stipulate before accepted proven like i have to?

AR, your not alone in this lament.Wink  I've been running into these attitudes for years.  My research into the people who were on the East Coast of the US prior to the arrival of the Lenni Lenape gets the same reactions.

Mainstreamers identify them as "the Archaic People" and that's about it.  They are sometimes only refd. to as a "unknown previous culture". 

Unless it's a Lenni site, no one's interested.  These folks were gone by a thousand years when the Lenni arrived.

Edited by red clay - 19-Sep-2014 at 11:51
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2014 at 00:38
Thanks Centrix. The bottom-line of my blog article is that i thought after reading the 200 pages court & police notes that it seems that Mary Jane Kelly is really Jack the Ripper, she murdered the 4 previous ones so she could then faked her death (the 5th one). It explains why the body parts were cut off and place oddly in places beside the body, as if removing all body identifiers in a clever baffling way. The police called off the vigilance group and was  big hush after the 5th ("MJK's") murder.
However I can not dismiss this new shawl/Kosminisky evidence as it does seem pretty convincing; but at the same time they haven't proven it much/enough and there are still also a number of oddites that question the Kosminsky theory. So can't decide either way without more investigation.

Thanks Red Clay. Your work would be interesting (sorry if i missed it if you posted it on AE?) Have you seen J Jewell's Aryans in the New World, and Barry Fell's Bronze Age America, and America BC. Sorry for off topic. (I may not be able to be on this week though until after 27th here.)

I've edited the list of evidence for and against in post above with a little bit more evidences i missed in first reading of the articles & thinking.

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2014 at 05:41
In the time of jack the ripper there was no sanitized crime scenes, so evidence  as with the dna on the shawl is all but meaningless. That is unless someone at least finds further dna samples from other crime scenes, and even then because of the lack of the sanitized crime scenes they could be see as circumstantial. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2014 at 13:01
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

In the time of jack the ripper there was no sanitized crime scenes, so evidence  as with the dna on the shawl is all but meaningless. That is unless someone at least finds further dna samples from other crime scenes, and even then because of the lack of the sanitized crime scenes they could be see as circumstantial. 

Alani u ole spoil sport.

But my friend makes ntl some valid points. Investigative techniques that would become credible forensic science can actually be dated from this case. Not because they were being used but because the dismal police work led the way in what NOT to do.

As for the shawl...more peer work is the key. Till then it is indeed at best circumstantial. Iow. in a current court Kosminski would walk.

CV

S. T. Friedman

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2014 at 15:58
Is Kozminski the one they traced to NY?  Or was that just a dead end?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2014 at 17:55
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

But my friend makes ntl some valid points. Investigative techniques that would become credible forensic science can actually be dated from this case. Not because they were being used but because the dismal police work led the way in what NOT to do.

As for the shawl...more peer work is the key. Till then it is indeed at best circumstantial. Iow. in a current court Kosminski would walk.

CV
Actually speaking the credible forensic science you talk about is known to have originated a year before the Ripper murders, in a publication known as A Study in Scarlet. Sure the police work was dismal until they had a blue print to work on, but such innovations then would have been much slower to filter down to the common investigator. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2014 at 18:02
Originally posted by red clay

Kozminski was institutionalised because of his mental state. This did coincide with the murders ending. However, as you might have seen or read, in other suspects, they also left the country at that time too. So at best it can be said that in many cases the perpetrator may have been someone who was away from the area of the murders from that period onwards.  
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2014 at 19:14
Originally posted by red clay

nope that wasn't Komisnki but probably Francis Tumblety...and he was a bad egg.

''However one lesser-known and viable suspect was a larger than life Irish American “doctor” by the name of Francis Tumblety....''

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/jack-the-ripper-may-well-have-been-a-yank

http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/tumb-art.html

'A Study in Scarlet' was an exceptionally fine work.

And may have had underpinnings in the future development of forensic police-science methods as they later developed. But I know of no one in the context of the murders, especially officials or suspects; that viewed or might have, it, as anything more than well written detective mystery fiction. Or a means to thwart the investigation.

If you do Alani...bring them forth as I be delighted in reading their views.

CV

S. T. Friedman

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2014 at 12:51
Kosminsky died in asylum so he was not the NY one. I can't remember who the person in NY was (the 200 pages article is in my other broken computer), may have been Tumblety as mentioned, or Feigenbaum, or Kelly (only someones theory), or Halliday?, but there was something in that case about a Scandinavian sailor. In that case they said "JTR is still in London" which was interesting to me. It says NY police said of Tumblety "there is no proof of his complicity in the Whitechapel murders...".

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2019 at 05:20

This is in the news again just now. I've seen 3 posts in last few days or week in facebook.

This is copy of my reply to one of them today:

If it is the same as the shawl dna evidence for Kosminsky first publicised a couple of years ago and not some other new/further/different dna evidence then I don't believe that the "new dna evidence" was/is conclusive proof that JTR was who they say because it was only one evidence and is not absolute proof.
JTR letters said he/she was not a Yid or foreign skipper but your own countryman.
Besides which i am still in favor of JTR being Mary Jane Kelly because of numerous coinciding connections and evidences. (I don't believe the last canonical JTR victim was really MJK, the identification features were marred. MJK was seen independently by two people the day after the murder.) MJK always seen with a spotless white apron. MJK was "superior to that of most persons in her position in life", & very "quiet" (often people claim that it is the quiet ones that are the real bad ones). Why did the police say the vigilance group's services were no longer required after the MJK murder, and they removed the extra police at/about same time too? "The great hush after MJK"? MJK said "whatever you do don't turn out like me". JTR shown with "a moustache and a big floppy hat" which is like disguise to hide a woman. JTR and MJK were in the same Whitechapel area, some forum posters said JTR must've been in or familiar with Spitalfields (which is where MJK was). "Sickert stayed in a room that JTR is said to have once stayed in", which sounds like MJK's room? Quite a number of other evidences too. Only after reading through the hundreds of pages court case records combined with other evidences was i able to guess who JTR was likely to be or not to be.
Previous candidates of mine before i read the court records included James Kelly, Robert Louis Stevenson, Arthur Conan Doyle, JK Stephen, masons ("Juwes"), and an inside job.

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,34712.0.html
https://2rbetterthan1.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/jack-the-ripper-candidates/

NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply