Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sumerian origins of mythology?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sumerian origins of mythology?
    Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 09:55
I have been working on connecting deities/gods of different nations back to their originals and have found that Sumer-Akkadian seemingly may be the original. See some examples on my blog (link in profile) (Lahar/Prajapati? Lahmu/Brahma? Uras/Brihaspati? Ea/Vayu? Sin/Siva? Ziusudra/Dyaus? Papnigingara/Parjanya? Papsukkal/Pushan?? [zi-ana/Tien?]) I would be interested in peoples thoughts or comments on this. However i also have seen a few interesting possibilities that i am not so sure of but which i thought i'd post:

gud-alim "bison/bull-man" ~ Golem (Hebrew)? [or Goyim? Not sure it could be goblin (kobold?) tho.]

mus-sa-tur "snake with a pair of horns, dragon" ~ Minotaur? [Monster?]
(mus/sir is "snake/serpent".)

(I wasn't sure whether to put this under General history, ancient Mesopotamia, or Intellectual/linguistics.)
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 11:02
I thought you would talk about Sumerian dingir, this is thunder god in several different cultures, Turkic tengri/tanri, proto-Indo-European tenre (German donner, Persian tondar, Latin tono, ...),  Hattian taru -> Hittite and Luwian tarhun, Chinese tian, ...
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 12:37
Now this is a subject I can seriously get into, Arthur, and those who know me know of my interest joining up mother goddesses. With these, what I call Venus deities the connections can be on this aspect or that, depending on what time of the day, or night. For example mornings are of the war aspect, whereas the afternoon and night are for fertility...etc...

It will be interesting to delve into this one and see what can be found.  
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2014 at 06:09
Thanks Cyrus. Yes Dingir / Tengri/Tangri is a well known one. I didn't include it because i haven't done/checked/tested that one yet and aren't totally sure it is right (it could possibly be wrong). However Chinese Tian/Tien is not Din.gir (&/or Tengri?) because Tien/Tian seems to match Zi-ana "spirit of heaven" (like Chinese Ti-mu maybe matches Sumerian/Chaldean Zi-mu(-um)/"Zikum" ("mother")?). The German/Norse for Dingir/Dimmer may possibly be Thingsus/Diens (Tyr/Tiwaz) rather than Donar/Thor. [Note Din.gir may possibly be related to Shin(g)ar/Shin(e)ar of biblical as i said in another post on AE months ago.]

Thanks Alani, any ideas of yours would be interesting. Or any goddesses you want to ask about to see if we can find matches for. I think that Peruvian Quinoa(-mama)/Keen-wah "mother of all grain" is apparently Eve/Havah "mother of all living" but not certain of what Sumerian match is yet.

p.s. note to first post: There may be some mistakes in my posts. E.g., (sorry) i may have made a mistake with Uras/Brihaspati/Boreas (tho it may not be mistake. (I can't dis/prove any of them yet until i/we have done alot more.)) It is possible that Uras and Brihaspati/Boreas are not connected, as Uras and Viraj/Eros may possibly be related instead?

You might possibly be right about Dingir/Tengri & Donar:

Din.gir/Dimmer "god/heaven, gir/rocket, judge/judgment" (Sumerian).
Tengri/(Gok) Tanri "sky" (Mongol).
Tenri "god" (Japanese).
[Tangaroa "sky/sun, sea" (Polynesian)? or else Rangi "sky" (Polynesian)??]
[Dings/Diens (German/Norse)?? or else Jupiter Tanarus (Roman?/Celt?) & Donar/Thor (German)??]

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 04-Sep-2014 at 06:22
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2014 at 05:59
Those are two opposite things, Germanic tyr symbolizes an arrow that we shoot toward the sky.

Tyr Rune

It relates to Sumerian ti/til which means arrow, tir also means arrow in the Iranian languages, you can read about the Persian legend Tir here: http://www.payvand.com/news/06/jul/1038.html

The same magic arrow can be found in Slavic mythology, bogatyr (boga means god in the Slavic language and it relates to Germanic boga which means bow):

http://www.outdoorukraine.com/content/view/206/69/lang,en/

The fairy-tale bogatyr lived in the world, he had an unheard strength and unseen courage. And he had an amazing arm - it was a fairy-tale arrow. It possessed the magic property. In the place where it was flowing the air was blazing up, the water started to boil, the ground was melting and everything alive was dying. It was a dreadful arm! Fortunately it was in reliable hands. Bogatyr was sensible and just man, he did not take the fiery arrow without any need. He did not encroach on the other countries and the enemies were afraid to attack his native land.

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2014 at 06:37
Thanks Cyrus that is interesting. It looks like there are a lot of mingled interconnections.
Sorry i did not mean Tyr was connected with Dingir/Tengri, but that Dings (a name of Tiwaz/Tyr) might possibly be connected with Dingir.
Tyr = Tiwaz = Zeus = Dyaus(pitar) = Ziusudra. (See my blog post for abit more details.)
Interesting that this is the second time in last few years that modern connections between Ukrainian/Russian/Shcherbakov & Iranian have come up.
(Sorry we crossed posts, you posted while i was editing my previous post (or else my browser was not update).)
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2014 at 12:34

TiR=Accurate-Perfect brat-movement-mobility is description of arrow.At least one of them many. TaRu=Beautiful-Good-Instructive-Moral hand-management-administration

TiAN=tian=Accurate-Perfect-Innocent victim-devotion-human being organises tian.
Accurate-Innocent-Perfect victim-devotion-human being is organised by tian.Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 04-Sep-2014 at 12:40
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2014 at 12:57
by the way symbol above rotated is arrow in Demotic.SmileBut cause it is symetric one i need additional signs that will tell me:Is it right handed or left handed sign?!?
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2014 at 06:57

Sorry for the delay, I broke my computer last thursday night/friday morning and only just got another (2nd hand) one today (wednesday eve here) (which i am not sure whether is short term or long term yet depending on if/not any problems).
Since Alani mentioned Venus I decided to try find her origins. I have possibly found the Indo-European root, but not sure of the Sumerian prior to that. (The Sumerian and the other bracketed/q-marked ones are uncertain.)

[As(h)nan "vegetation, abundance of grain in fields, ears of corn sprouting from her shoulders, kindly & bountiful maiden, strength of all things" (Sumerian/Akkadian)]
Vasanta(devi) "spring god/goddess, ally of god of love (Kama)" (Indian);
Vesna "spring" (Slav);
Venus "spring, neuter, (sexual) love, beauty, gardens" (Roman);
[Vanand "south stars" (Iranian)?]
[Vanadis "Frey(j)a" (Norse/German)?]
[Vanatur "bountiful hosts, hospitality" (Armenian)?]
[Hyacinth/Hyakinthos "vegetation, spring flower god, flower sprang from blood-stained grass, homosexual lover of Apollo" (Greek)?]
Note: spring = vegetation begins.

I could post lots more similar ones that I have Indo-European matches for but not Sumerian matches yet, but that would have to be a new topic/thread: Maybe i made this topic too limited/narrow by saying Sumerian instead of just "origins of myth", since i can't post just Indo-European ones without proposed prior Sumerian origins/roots.

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2014 at 13:07

I may start a more general "origins of mythology (gods)" split thread from this one, for a not so limited/narrow thread, and also so not competing with current affairs.

I'm not sure of this one. What do you think, is it possible?

Ut(a)napishti(m)/Oot-nah-pish'tim "life, flood survivor, faraway" (Akkadian)?
[Rapithwin "noon sun, water" (Iranian)??]
Yudhishthir/Yood-hish'tir "brother Arjuna strings/bends great bow; 12 yrs exile in wilderness; great war, Emperor" (Indian)?
Uliliyassis "minor god, removes impotence" (Hittite)?
Odysseus/O-dis'e-us/O-dis'us "only he could draw great bow; Trojan war; 10/20 yrs wanderings, I hate, I am angry, wrath" (Greek).
Uthuze/Uthste (Etruscan).
Ulysses/Ulixes/U-lis'ez (Roman).
Note the Odyssey is also related to the Epic of Gilgamesh.
[Note: not sure if Hoeh is right that Ylsing/Ulsing (German) is Ulysses? Not sure if Odrysus/Odryses/[Odroes] (Thracian) is connected?]

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 21-Sep-2014 at 23:38
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2014 at 14:00
drive on. I understand the association of ME mythologies and theological developement and perhaps even an association with the celtic...tho I am not as assured of diffusion in the Germanic-Scandia.

And I'd look to u to give us what u can on any carryover of diffusion etc..if any... into the new world.

But in this A-R...I will remain a viewer primarily... as this is not my field of expertise..either linguistically or ethnologically in certain cases. And where is the association or nexus, if any, viz transliteration

I'm solid on Euro (to include Greek-Roman) and American and to a lesser degree Oriental myths...but your roving into a region I cant honestly comment on.

And not as a critic... but what peer academic sources do you have that currently support your hypothesis. I'd like to peruse them.

CV

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2014 at 14:56
In this thread: From Babylon to Scandinavia!, I had talked about the similarities between some Mesopotamian and Germanic mythical figures, of course as I mentioned several times I believe Gutian (Goth) dynasty of Sumer had a Germanic origin.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2014 at 00:41

Thanks Centrix. I am not sure if i understand some of your points though.

There are plenty of peer academic sources for the Indo-European ones (Dyaus/Zeus/Tiwaz, Prajapati/Priapos/Freyr, Odysseus/Ulysses, etc). (Indo-European includes Greek, Italic, Germanic, Celt, Balt, Slav, Indian, Iranian, Armenian, Thraco-Phrygian, Tocharian, Hittite, Kassite, Mitanni, Aztec, Illyrian/Albanian, Scythian.) Some scholars also show connections between Sumerian and Indoeuropean (Hrozny, LA Waddell, D Myatt, VG Childe?) Some show connections between Slav/Ukrainian/Serbian and Iranian (eg Shcherbakov).
Some others like Hrozny show connections between Hittite and Greek (Zeus/Shiush/Sius, Apulun(as)/Apollo, Ruta(mi)s/Artemis, Pegasus/[P...], Arma/Hermes?)

However we are pioneering into new or further/more connections than peer academic has yet done. I would gladly submit my connections to peer review if i knew how and if they would read/review/reply, but for example i sent my 12 battles of Arthur paper to Ken Jackson and posted on Arthurnet and they didn't even bother to reply or review (no reason or disproof given).

There are academic &/or historical sources which agree that Sumerian is the oldest civilisation of the world (bible, LA Waddell, Berosus, orthodox academic historians, Z Sitchin, Alex Hislop). There are also academic sources which agree that Sumerian and Indus were comtemporary (JR Baker, Waddell, etc). And academic sources which agree that Indian seemingly may be the oldest Indo-European language/civilisation (&/or that there may not have been an Aryan invasion). Sources also connect Greek and Indian (Alexander the Great believed his ancestors came from "India", GW Cox). LA Waddell also showed connections between the Sumerian King list and the Indian solar & lunar lists, and interchanges between Indian phonetic and Sumerian syllabic.

I can't prove all the letter/sound/syllable interchanges for my, but I have tried to be as careful as i can and have good reasons for them. I'm not sure what you mean by transliteration, do you mean meanings of the names? The first ones i posted on here have more details in my blog, eg Praja-pati means "lord of creatures" and Lahar is "god of cattle". Some i don't know the supposed meaning of, and some i disagree with the supposed meaning/etymology of.

I am mainly just first focusing on Euro-Asia esp Indo-European. For America there are various connections across Atlantic & across Pacific/Bering. Sanskrit with Nahuatl/Aztec. Atlantis was Tiahuanco. Eve "mother of all life" ~ Quinoa/Keen-wah "mother of all grain"? Rimac & Rimmon (or Raamah or Lamech)? Ahau ~ Aka "love" / Ehad "one" / Ahaba "love" / Agape "love" / Ahom "bird, glyph, letter A". Etc. Many sources give good proofs of diffusion between Old & New World (SC Compton 'Exodus Lost', Don MacKenzie, Sitchin, Nigel Davies, Barry Fell, Pierre Honore, Heyerdahl, Jim Allen, Ignatius Donnelley, my Atlantis paper and other works).

The 4 calendars (Indian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Mayan) all have common origin date 115xx bc (HS Bellamy, A Tomas).
There are biblical correspondences with many nations myths around the world (both Old & New Worlds) (many have Eve, Flood, 3 sons of Noah, Tower of Babel, Nimrod, etc) (eg see Don Richardson 'Eternity in Their Hearts').

Pick any god/goddess, or any 1 or 2 pantheons of yours or mine to discuss/investigate.

Greek -- Indian
Zeus -- Dyaus
Priapos -- Prajapati
Themis -- Dharma
Helios -- Surya
Ouranos -- Varuna
Eos -- Ushas
Aeolos -- Vayu
"Pan -- Pushan"?
Boreas -- Brihaspati?
Eros -- Viraj?
Bhuranyu -- Phoroneus?
Daphne -- Dahana?
Prometheus -- Pramati?
Nereus -- Nara(yana)?
Iapetus -- Jyapeti?
Satyr -- Kshatriya?

There are just to many seeming similarities between Indian & Sumerian/Akkadian, in name and nature.

Sin -- Siva?
Nanna -- Nandi?
Prajapati -- Lahar
Vasanta(devi) -- Asnan
Alala -- Anala?
Ea &/or Au -- Vayu
Uras -- Vrihaspati or Viraj??
Ziusudra -- Dyaus(pitar)
Lahmu -- Brahma
Papnigingara -- Parjanya?
Isimud/Usmu -- Visnu?
Utnapishti -- Yudhishthir??
Sulpae -- Surabhi??
Sarra-Itu -- Sarasvati??
Sarpanitu -- Saranyu??
Ningiszida -- Nahusha??

"the hunter-gatherer/shamanic systems of  astronomy in Siberia derived from Babylonian  systems...."
"The Palaeo-Siberian cosmogonies were not  encased in a vacuum which kept them separate  from other cultures over the centuries and several  Soviet and East European ethnographers have also  found traces of the astronomy of Mesopotamia and  the Mediterranean cultures in the traditions of these  regions. Mircea Eliade was one of these as you will find in  his studies of shamanism ( much of which was  taken from the works of Marie-Antionette Czaplicka  )."

Dingir "sky/god" (Sumer)
Tengri/Tangri "blue sky god" (Mongol).

Nim(')rod/Nimrud/Nembroth "rebel/against Lord, gibbor/mighty hunter (of men), son of Cush, great-grandson of Noah, subduer of spotted one, built tower of Babel as refuge shortly after Flood, tetrapolis, 1st world leader, [lead people from Ararat to Shinar], connected with Asshur, some make Shem/Seth his opponent, built Calah, corresponded with Cain, founded 1st civilisation [~ agriculture?]" (Hebrew/Biblical)?
Ninurta/Enurta/"Ninib" "horned helmet, hero of pantheon, vs dragon, built mountains from stones, [chase], warrior/[battle], closely linked with battles between good and evil, [temple at Calah], plough/farmer/cultivation of crops, a.k.a. Ningirsu/Nimirrud" (Sumerian)?
Numitorem "sky, animals, forests, culture hero, growing crops saving deluge survivors from starvation" (Samoyed/Uralic/Vogul)?

Thanks Cyrus, I had a look at the Babylon-Scandinavia thread. May try to see if we can draw up a list of possible correspondences between Norse/German and Sumerian, Norse/German and Indian/IndoEuropean, Norse/German and Biblical. Not sure if Odin/Woden/Godan are all same?

Godan/God/Gott/Got
Khuda (Iran/[Kafir/Kalash])
Khodai (Central/North Asia)
Hotr (India)?
Hutran (Elamite)?
Hudha (Kassite)?
Sumerian might be either Hadad? Ud/Utu? Udan? Odanie?

Just 2 comments on 2 things in that thread though:
1. the Gobustan ship inscriptions could be connected with Noah's Ark in the Armenia/Ararat area?
2. it is perhaps possible that helicopters/planes/"ufos" could be depicted in ancient pictures. They could be from modern/future times either natural window/phantom or technological timetravel. 

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 22-Sep-2014 at 07:04
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2014 at 00:46
I was going to PM Rec Clay this but since America has come up here i may as well post it here as semi-on topic.

Red Clay said in JTR thread:
My research into the people who were on the East Coast of the US prior to the arrival of the Lenni Lenape gets the same reactions.
Mainstreamers identify them as "the Archaic People" and that's about it.  They are sometimes only refd. to as a "unknown previous culture".
Unless it's a Lenni site, no one's interested.  These folks were gone by a thousand years when the Lenni arrived.

I prepared this quick bit:
"The Leni-Lenape Indians of Delaware believed that they came from "the first land ... beyond the great ocean...." (C Berlitz.)
"... after the deluge they [Lenape] dwelt with the manly turtle beings--presumably some tribe of seafarers--and that Talli, their culture hero, led them over the frozen lands to the Snake Land which they conquered." ('Wallum Olum', E Sykes.)
These may imply: 2 or 3 peoples migrations (one over Arctic/Bering (or Antarctic) ice, one over/around Atlantic (or Pacific)?). There were already people or remains there since they conquered the land (unless it was just conquering natural)? After the deluge (and ice) may be conflation of Biblical Flood and the Atlantis shift/"sinking". (Ice caused by tectonics during Flood, &/or ice caused by tectonics of Atlantis/South America shift.)
Other sources on "Archaic/Paleo-Indian" sites are Rene Norbergen (high arctic MacKenzie river Cro-Magnid culture, which SB Cox also mentioned in his publications), J Jewell ('Aryans in the New World', partly based on B Fell's Bronze Age America &/or America BC).

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2014 at 01:40

Well A-R you have given me a bucket full to catch up in many respects.

Thanks.

By transliteration. I mean the classic definition of the same. Insofar as the varying languages, used in identifying the names etc... may or may not have been transliterated.

''Transliteration is the conversion of a text from one script to another.[1]

For instance, the Greek phrase "Ελληνική Δημοκρατία" 'Hellenic Republic' can be transliterated as "Ellēnikē Dēmokratia" by substituting Greek letters for Latin letters.

Transliteration can form an essential part of transcription which converts text from one writing system into another.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transliteration

In your case, were the identification of names of deities, as an example transliterated? And if so then where/when did, if applicable, cultural and social diffusion occur and can it be credibly proven.

As for your efforts. They are being recognized here and peer review is not always a quick process.

Nominally the following definition applies:

''evaluation of scientific, academic, or professional work by others working in the same field.''

This is not easy at all if you don't attempt it through the university system. If at all possible. As far to often, literally, as apparently you have found. Your competition, for varying reasons, are not necessarily willing. To either condemn or confirm anything they either don't already ascribe towards. Or even challenge those that they do.

As to be brutally frank, they will ignore those without at least a minimum of verifiable academic credentialing

That's unfortunately the 'world' of peer review.

And as I alluded above. The easier entry is through academia. And not necessarily blogging as an outlet.

So presuming you have not attempted this. I recommend you do.

There even then may be obstacles.

Some..Dons/Professors are not willing to assist a non enrolled student. And at best, reject you as possibly a talented amateur; but still won't assist beyond a point, if at all.

Otoh, there are always just as many willing to assist and or review your work. If, generally, you will present it in the standard form of a research paper/presentation, even if non enrolled.

You will have to learn where the latter are and disregard the former.

You might also become a research volunteer, attend free lectures..ask questions directly from known subject matter experts (scholars and museum directors specializing in your field) for the same..etc.

(In matters of mythologies and theological nexus and development, for example. I have found Jesuit scholars quite helpful.)

And adroitly over time. Gain their respect and a matter of confidence.. in such a fashion..that they in turn reciprocate.

Again it takes time.

Rejection.

By any who work, or have worked, in the field of research and or authorship..learn this early on. The list of initially failed authors, who have waited years and received untold numbers of rejections of their work is endless.

Case in point...my Master's of Liberal Arts Degree(Specialization in International Affairs and Military Science), thesis, was rejected four times by my academic review board.

Before they were interested in supporting it's veracity-credibility and ultimate publication.

And that was from a friendly audience. lol.

So take heart. Continue to research. Don't be afraid to amend a hypothesis and seek out those willing to assist in reviewing your effort.

Because whether you or I like it or not....that's how, in this case, the 'great game' is played.

CV

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Sep-2014 at 01:43

S. T. Friedman

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2014 at 07:39
Thank you very much for that great/good Centrix. The only problem is i have a hell condition & situation and can't do any of it without assistance (accomodation, location, secure income, citizenship, clean water, time (i am 41), love (i am single/alone), etc), and they won't help of course...! (esp with the added reason that there are many others struggling).
It sucks that i have made a few definite discoveries and a dozen other theories that may or may not be true discoveries, and can't do anyhting with them.
The only other way is to write a book like others do, but i can't do that either without assistance.
I am willing to offer any research/investigative services that i can but depends on my condition/situation (I have studies of my own i need to do).

I know/knew what the word transliteration meant. I just didn't understand what you were saying/meaning by those sentences. I still can't get what you mean. There are connections between scripts of different cultures. I can't read most other scripts (don't like to say that as they use it to reject me/my work), so my sources were all transliterated. I can read some like Egyptian hieroglyphs with memory aids at hand. Sometimes the actual hieroglyph exact transliteration is not quite the same as the common English/Classical transliterations.  I had wondered about some things like that Zeus is supposed to be Ievs in Greek.

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 22-Sep-2014 at 07:40
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2014 at 09:30
AR, some of the information you posted re Lenni Lenape comes from the "wallum olum".  A written history of the Lenni.  Highly suspect as being a hoax created in the early 19th cent.  Not even the present day Lenni give much credence to it.

The Lenni migrated north sometime between 500 bce and 1st cent ce. The Archaics were gone.  There were others here, most ref. to these folks as "transitionals".  Pottery appears here at about that time, but only for a brief period.

All of this is off topic.  It deserves a thread of it's own.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2014 at 13:47
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

Thank you very much for that great/good Centrix. The only problem is i have a hell condition & situation and can't do any of it without assistance (accomodation, location, secure income, citizenship, clean water, time (i am 41), love (i am single/alone), etc), and they won't help of course...! (esp with the added reason that there are many others struggling).It sucks that i have made a few definite discoveries and a dozen other theories that may or may not be true discoveries, and can't do anyhting with them.The only other way is to write a book like others do, but i can't do that either without assistance.I am willing to offer any research/investigative services that i can but depends on my condition/situation (I have studies of my own i need to do).I know/knew what the word transliteration meant. I just didn't understand what you were saying/meaning by those sentences. I still can't get what you mean. There are connections between scripts of different cultures. I can't read most other scripts (don't like to say that as they use it to reject me/my work), so my sources were all transliterated. I can read some like Egyptian hieroglyphs with memory aids at hand. Sometimes the actual hieroglyph exact transliteration is not quite the same as the common English/Classical transliterations.  I had wondered about some things like that Zeus is supposed to be Ievs in Greek.

A-R.

AS for your condition...situation. Yes it might be difficult. But do you think you are or were alone in this? If you do that's nonsense.

Keep looking and FIND A WAY.

Iow. amigo. don't talk. do.

Do what can be done given the situation and circumstances. And then when you think you have exhausted all avenues....go back and check again. And do the things again and again and again. All the while looking for new avenues.

Because being here and sharing has already demonstrated your willingness to increase scholarship, even if only as a layman.

Do you know where professionals and eventually masters begin?

As amateurs and then journeymen.

That's not done in a day. Or even a few years.

I'm entirely confident that you will succeed. Whether you are ever 'recognized' to a sufficient degree of satisfaction that you desire remains yours.

And btw, for what it's worth, imo, the appreciation or satisfaction is never ever really actually achieved...trust me....if one is any good at self analysis review. There's always something else that could have been done.

If the passion you demonstrate for your subject matter; is indicative of your willingness to stave off rejection.....then FIND A WAY.

Best on ya down under.

CV

ps. As a suggestion..use the following and look for more. Remember many will ask you to contact them. Continue to do so. but also remember, if your not used to the ego's in academia...be polite & patient.

'Samuel Noah Kramer Institute of Assyriology
and Ancient Near Eastern Studies'

http://www.biu.ac.il/JS/Kramer/

**Red. Start your thread.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Sep-2014 at 17:45

S. T. Friedman

General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2014 at 01:11
Thanks Red Clay. I will be interested to see/hear/comment more if there is a thread. To many people discard traditional sources.

Thanks for all the advice Centrix. I didn't say i am alone in the sense of the only one, i said there are others struggling. I am almost totally alone (from positives not from negatives) in my situation/condition though. I am not able to find a way not matter how they fake-reasons force it. No man is an island. It is not up to just me. But up to others, God/chance/nature/law, and me (past/present/future)/my anestors. They have too much self work stuff here, people are homeless because of it. I have never been good with self advice. In short/summary Love is the most important thing.
Better to dicsuss the evidence rather than the game. Thanks for the link.

Here is a more detailed post on Dyaus-pitar/Ziusudra, for an example test re what is lacking or what more is needed for it to be understood & accepted as proven. They are almost all Indo-European and peer/academic approved, and all have easy to see how/when/where diffusion/association occured, and all are continuous neighbours from India to Italy/UK/Scandinavia.

Dyaus(pitar)/Dyaush(-pitir)/Dyavaprthivi "bright sky/heaven/universal father, abstract, creator, [from cold/bleak north]" (Indian).
Dezau (Afghan/Kafir/Kalash/Kati)?
Dyaos Pita (Iranian).
Duzagas (Kassite)?
*De(i)wos / Dyeuz/*Dyeu-(p?ter)/(*)Dye(:)us (P(a)te(:)r/Ph2te(:)r) "sky, god/spirit, light/day, father" ((P)IE).
Ziusu(d)ra/Xisuthros/Ziudsuddu "flood survivor, sacrificed an ox, king, translated to Dilmun/faraway, granted immortality like gods, he who saw life" (Sumerian)?
Dsovean "storm, water" (Armenia)? or, Astwatz (Armenia)?
[Donbettyr "Peter" (Georgian/Ossetian)?]
Shiush/(d)Sius (Hittite).
Tiyaz Pa:paz (Palaic).
[Teucer (Trojan)? or Tros (Trojan)?]
Zeus (Pater)/Zen-/Zan/Zas/Zayas/Ievs/Jeoud/Dios/Diwo/Diuja "head of pantheon, sent the Flood, universal, through him comes all mortal sovereignty, sacrifice of bulls, eagle, weather, clouds, rain, lightning, thunderbolts, father of gods & men, enormous sexual  vigour" (Greek).
Dei-patyro(s) (Illyria); &/or Zoti "god", or Zeau "intelligence" (Albania)?
Jupiter/Jove(s Pater)/Jovis "head of pantheon, thunder, lightning, light of day, stone" (Roman).
Da(z(h))bog "sun, wealth" (Slav)? or, Div (Slav)?
Diev(a)s "sky, farmer, he 1st set free the sun" (Baltic).
[Tharapita/Taara (Finnish)?]
Tiw(az)/Tig/Ziu(men)/Zio "Mars, sky, war, law & order, right hand bitten off" (German).
Tyr "war, shining, glistening, peasant" (Norse).
Tuis "king of Greece" (Celt)?
Dis (pater) (Celt)? &/or, Dag(h)da "good god, all father" (Irish)?
Teotl "god" (Aztec)?

Note: compare Noah (farmer, lost member, flood, father of all, light in ark, from Ararat/cold/north, grave stone, good/lawgiver, sacrifced, longevity, patriarch/king).
Note: The Georgian/Ossetian Donbettyr may not be Poseidon/Bangputys as i previously thought but rather may be Dyaus/Zeus/Jupiter?

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 25-Sep-2014 at 06:41
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2015 at 04:32
This could be embarrasingly wrong (like a few other posts of mine here may have been (though some are not)), but have we possibly found Sumerian/Akkadian original of Parasu-Rama and Rama-Chandra?:

(Ama-)us(h)umgal-an(n)a "man, warrior hero, Dumuzi/Tammuz, great sea-serpent/snake/serpentine monster, dragon of chaos, mother great serpent of heaven, mighty serpent dragon of heaven, a term of praise, god/king" (Sumer-Akkadian).
(Paras(h)u-)rama "6th, axe, war, 21 battles, avatara of Vishnu, son of a wise man, skin, sexual/virility" (Indian).
S(h)ar(ru)ma "axe, son of weather god, panther" (Hurrian/Hittite).

(Gal-)mahanna "Tammuz, moon" (Sumer-Akkadian).
Rama(-c(h)andra) "7th, moon, pleasing, manhood & honour, rides in a chariot, sugar-cane bow" (Indian).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>