Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is burried there?!?Maternal lion guards it!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is burried there?!?Maternal lion guards it!
    Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 00:21
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 03:09
That is interesting, I believe similar things can be found in an ancient site in Ecbatana (Hamedan) which is called "Qabr-e-Eskandar" (Tomb of Alexander): http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23955

Lion of Ecbatana could be on top of this tomb too, some of Alexander's generals, such as Parmenion and Hephaistion died there.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 28-Aug-2014 at 03:10
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 03:50
Alexander was a maternal lion Cyrus,one of those four on shoulders(they protect the religion):
or his son either famous general of his army:

Edited by medenaywe - 30-Aug-2014 at 00:20
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 04:11
You have to check Ekbatana also!Lion guards the dead one always.Maternal-Organisational one. First states were ruled by basic rule:If there is organisation-structure-constitution of World-Space-God we can make it's replica on Earth also.Big smile
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 07:51
Is there any indication as to the sex of the sphinxes, med?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 10:43
Originally posted by medenaywe

You have to check Ekbatana also!Lion guards the dead one always.Maternal-Organisational one. First states were ruled by basic rule:If there is organisation-structure-constitution of World-Space-God we can make it's replica on Earth also.Big smile

They aren't lions.  They are sphinxes.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 11:28
They are lions from the arms of the statue!If you can not see use spectacles.SmileWas pharaoh once
lion with human&goat face?!?Who knows maybe.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 17:49
They are definitely sphinxes, med, as stated in the article. My question as to the sex of the sphinxes is because Egyptian style are male and benevolent, whereas Greek are female and malevolent. The lion that may have a connection is five kilometre from the site of the tomb.    
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 22:04
You mean statues inside the tomb are sphinx Alani?!?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 22:17
It says that the entrance was flanked by the sphinxes, med. Not sure if that is inside or out. 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 22:41
As I said it before:He&His people were Egyptians cause middle text of Rosseta is still demotico, Egyptian people's language.One script is on stone that is written with 3 letters:hieroglyphs, demotico and "Greek" letters.Demotico says nothing about "nationality" different than Egyptian.
Literarely they are all maternal.Religious status is above any kind of "national".
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 23:00
Not necessarily so, med, as the Greeks borrowed many Egyptian motifs, including the sphinx. 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 23:12
...a large stone lion and a pair of sphinx at the site. Thanks Alani i got it now.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2014 at 00:02
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2014 at 16:49
"...Behind the sphinx guarded entrance, the archaeologists found a mosaic floor featuring black and white rhombus shapes...."

The rhombus, consisting of 2 triangles, has been considered a symbol of harmony, balance, and human being that reached them.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2014 at 07:34
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2014 at 16:49
In your opinion, med, did this have anything to do with a belief of a rebirth, say in the afterlife or something?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2014 at 23:27
It is a cheaper rebirth device this tomb Alani.Egypt was still biggest economy in that time.Even in that  period they did not built pyramids anymore.Alexander's people were merchants& sailors& farmers.It had been luxury to had tomb like this those days.We still have burrial tombs we can rebirth one day(resurrect) Alani. Without the luxury of this above of course.(I am glad i am alive and average one anyway)LOL.

Edited by medenaywe - 19-Oct-2014 at 03:50
luiji79 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote luiji79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2014 at 17:56
Don't u know about the tomb of Amphipolis .There are sphinxes ,a large Lion ,caryatides.The excavators of the tomb have lately found a skeleton and they have send him for DNA test.It is small and they believe that it belongs to Alexander the Great.Soon there will be answers.I believe it is bigger monument than acropolis.Who is Greater tha Alexander?Numerous photos and great site is this one which i follow http://www.thetombofamphipolis.com  .You find all the latest news and it is a good one
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 00:24
nice link luiji79.Welcome aboard.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>