Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Yazidis/Kurds againt ISIS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Rate this Article:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Yazidis/Kurds againt ISIS
    Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 19:52
As many of you may know that ISIS is trying to kill of the Yazidi.  Everyday reading the news and hearing about the Horror they are facing I feel very sad.   Thousands have fled their homes, and thousands have been killed just because they have refused to convert to Islam as they are not people of the book there for cannot live among Muslims. 

These people have not done anything to deserve what is been happening to them, they don't bother anyone nor do they preach their religion to anyone.  Even many Kurds don't like them because of their faith.  Which has led to many Yazids don't like been called Kurdish.

Yazidi are probably the last remaining Iranic religious legacy in the Middle-East(Apart from some Zoroastrians in Iran)

Yazidi Refugees Recount Desperate Struggle To Flee Islamist Militants In Iraq

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/yazidi-refugees-turkey_n_5671365.html

http://nypost.com/2014/08/17/why-some-muslims-want-to-destroy-the-yazidis-by-genocide/

Why some Muslims want to kill the Yazidis by genocide

August 17, 2014 | 12:01am

Displaced Yazidi’s re-enter Iraq from Syria on August 14thPhoto: Reuters

To hear President Obama tell it, one might think that recent bombing raids by the US against jihadist positions between Mosul and Erbil in northern Iraq have already removed the threat of extermination posed against the Yazidis, a religious minority driven out of its ancestral home by the Islamic State of self-styled Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

However, several Yazidi spokesmen reached over the past few days insist that tens of thousands of people are still facing extermination — and on Friday, 80 Yazidis were massacred by IS fighters.

“Our people are dying of hunger, thirst and disease,” says Magdi al-Yazidi. “Those who have not left their homes are prisoners in their besieged villages around el-Qush and Shaikhan. They are simply coming to realize and old dream of fanatical Islamic rulers: wiping our community off the face of the earth.”

It is not only in Iraq that the army of the Caliph Abu Bakr is positioning itself for the “final solution” to the Yazidis. The community is also facing extermination in parts of Syria, notably in Ras al-Ayn and Hessak.

“It has always been a dream of Islamic rulers to wipe us out,” Emir Muawwyyah bin Ismail, the leader of the Yazidis, told me back in the 1980s when he was forced into exile by Saddam Hussein.

The Emir had ended up in Paris after a long trek out of Iraq through Syria. Hussein had given him a choice between death and exile after the Emir issued a statement banning Yazidis from joining the despot’s army for a war against Iran.

After an initial meeting with the Emir, I managed to persuade him to speak about his community, its history and the Yazidi faith. He did, thus ending almost 15 centuries of esoteric tradition under which Yazidis pretended to be some sort of Muslims.

“The pretension was necessary to avoid genocide,” he told me.

Our conversations lasted over some six months and resulted in a book published under the title “To Us Spoke Zarathustra.”
A portrait of the prophet Zoroaster, founder of Zoroastrianism, a monotheistic religion that was the dominant religion in Persia before the Arab conquest.Photo: Getty Images

As far as fanatical Muslims are concerned, Yazidis must be classified among the heathen because they do not belong to any of the three Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Under Islamic rules, Jews and Christians are regarded as “people of the book” and thus could live among Muslims provided they pay a protection fee known as “dhimma.” Even if they wanted to, Yazidis cannot make use of that provision because they regard themselves as followers of Zoroaster, a prophet of ancient Iranian peoples who preached around 700 BC.

The belief system starts with the assertion that there is but one God, variously known as Izad, Yazdan or Xweda (Khoda in Persian).

Their one God shares the basic traits of Ahura-Mazda, the Wise God of Zoroaster. It is Ahura-Mazda who decided that a world should be created. But he subcontracts the task to a demiurge figure known as Tavous Malek (“The Peacock Angel”) who, assisted by six other angels each representing an aspect of natural life, shape the world as man knows it. As might have been expected, the sub-contractors, not having God’s divine infallibility, make some mistakes which leads to the emergence of evil in the world.

In that context, the Good God needs the help of human beings to fight evil in a series of three battles, at the end of which the fate of the universe is decided forever. Thus, the Yazidis faith is the only religion in which God needs help from human beings, a concept that scandalizes fanatical Muslims who regard Allah as omnipotent and infallible. The Yazidi god can enter into a conversation with man; Allah cannot.

Man could help god by becoming “truly human,” Yazidis assert. According to one of their proverbs: “Just as the best sword is the sharpest, the best man is the most human.”

A peaceful people opposed to violence and bloodshed, Yazidis believe that no cause is worth killing people for, something that scandalizes fanatical Muslims who regard the spread of “The Only True Faith” by sword as a duty and the man who does it as the “Ghazi” (Holy Warrior) who is assured a place in paradise.

The Yazidis tradition of equality between men and women, including the rejection of polygamy, also scandalizes their fanatical Muslim neighbors.

Arab Sunnis also hate Yazidis because of their language, a variety of Kurdish, itself one of the 18 Iranic languages still alive in Western Asia.

The Yazidis claim to be the oldest religious community with a continuous existence in its own land. That may well be the case, at least as far as he estimated 600,000 Yazidis who live in Iraq are concerned. There are a further 1.8 million Yazidis in Syria, Turkey, Iran and Transcaucasia not to mention almost a million others in exile in more than 50 countries across the globe.

Iraq has always been a mosaic of peoples and faith. Six decades ago, 20% of Baghdad’s population consisted of Jews. Today there are only six Jews in the whole of Iraq. The Armenia community has shrunk by almost 90% while other Christian communities are also shrinking. Caliph Abu Bakr ’s dream is to have an Iraq empty of all non-Muslims so that he could embark on his second phase of his “purification” by organizing genocide against Shiites regarded as deviant Muslims.

The Caliph dreams of a hecatomb in Iraq. He must be stopped.

Edited by Ince - 17-Aug-2014 at 20:38
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 20:07
Kurds in Iran colleciting donations for Yazidis, Kurdish unity regardless of religious beliefs.

Attachment:Uploaded Image
Uploaded Image

Image of bride & groom Kirmanshan giving their wedding rings to help #Yezidi IDPs goes viral on Kurdish social media

Attached to this post:

Members of the PDKI raise the Kurdish flag in several cities and villages in eastern (#Iran) #Kurdistan #Twitterkurds pic.twitter.com/4oySuvYQgi
9:06am - 17 Aug 14
Attached to this post:

Edited by Ince - 17-Aug-2014 at 20:11
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 20:16
Kurds in Iraq donating. 

Donations for YPG at Silemanî
Attached to this post:

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 20:19
I am very proud of the Kurds of  their unity in the face of threat like ISIS

Komalah Peshmerga fighters from Eastern Kurdistan are going to Singal to fight against ISIS 
Attached to this post:
Attachment:
Attachment:
Attachment:

Edited by Ince - 17-Aug-2014 at 20:22
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 20:29

Kurdish forces take parts of Mosul dam from Isis fighters

General reports success and ongoing fighting in offensive launched after US air strikes near critical Iraqi dam
  • Agencies in Dohuk and Baghdad
  • theguardian.com,

Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga fighter monitors area near Mosul dam as US warplanes launch a bid to recapture Iraq's largest dam from Islamic State jihadists. Photograph: Ahmad Al-Rubaye/AFP/Getty Images

An Iraqi security official said on Sunday Kurdish forces have taken over parts of the country's largest dam, which was captured by the Islamic State (Isis) extremist group earlier this month.

General Tawfik Desty told the Associated Press that peshmerga forces backed by Iraqi and US warplanes started the operation to retake Mosul Dam early on Sunday.

Desty, a commander with the Kurdish forces at the dam, which was seized on 7 August, said they now control the eastern part of the dam and that fighting is still underway.

The US launched airstrikes against Isis fighters more than a week ago, in a bid to halt its advance across the north. The extremists control vast swaths of Iraq and neighboring Syria.

Kurdish forces supported by American warplanes have mounted an offensive to retake Iraq's largest dam, a formidable hydroelectric complex critical to both power supplies and irrigation in the region, from jihadi fighters, as reports emerged of another grisly episode of mass slaughter perpetrated by the extremists in a village in northern Iraq.

US central command said on Saturday that fighter jets and drones had destroyed or damaged four armoured personnel carriers, seven armed vehicles, two Humvees and an armoured vehicle.

The US engagement is aimed at helping the Kurds turn the tide against the Isis extremists who have swarmed through parts of northern Iraq from bases in Syria, seizing towns and cities and slaughtering opponents indiscriminately.

Villagers said Isis militants drove into a settlement on Friday, rounded up men and teenage boys, lined them up and shot them. The reports came from several men who survived the massacre in Kocho. Senior Kurdish official Hoshyar Zebari said that jihadists "took their revenge on its inhabitants, who happened to be mostly Yazidis who did not flee their homes".

Fear of an impending genocide against members of Iraq's Yazidi minority, whose faith is anathema to the Sunni Muslim extremists, was one reason Washington cited for air strikes it began on 8 August.

Human rights groups and residents say Isis fighters have demanded that members of religious minorities in Iraq's Nineveh province, where Kocho is located, either convert or leave, unleashing violent reprisals on any who refused.

Mohsen Tawwal, a Yazidi fighter, said he saw a large number of bodies in Kocho on Friday.

"We made it into a part of Kocho village, where residents were under siege, but we were too late," he told Agence France-Presse by telephone. "There were corpses everywhere. We only managed to get two people out alive. The rest had all been killed."

The German foreign minister, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, arrived in Iraq on Saturday to meet officials and assess what help is needed.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/17/kurdish-forces-isis-mosul-dam-iraq

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 20:32
Like the famous picture of the Afghan girl of the 80s.  This picture of a Yazdi girl as she watchs her world collapse.

Edited by Ince - 17-Aug-2014 at 20:33
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 21:48
I'm not going to debate the fact the Yazidi and for that matter, Kurds in general, are at odds for a variety of reasons with extremist Islamist fundamentalist terrorists..

And that's what they are...terrorists utilizing the guise of extreme religious fanaticism. They are not militants or rebels..they are terrorists.

So lets refer to them as such and not give them the positivity associated with identification as other.

Or worse deny that they are terrorists.

And I have a long history here on the forum with my thoughts on how to deal with terrorists. So I'm not going to reiterate that...nor has my position changed.

But here you err: ''Yazidi are probably the last remaining Iranic religious legacy in the Middle-East(Apart from some Zoroastrians in Iran)''.

Not in your identification of your topic..for that statement is probably true.. but you err when you fail to identify the decades long persecution of Christians and Jews as well as Iranic original based faiths, or others, to include variations in interpretations of Islam, within the region.

Consequently the actual truth is that many ideological faiths at odds with radical Islam have been and continue to be persecuted by radical Islam.

And while I certainly sympathise with the Yazidi they do not remain alone. And all concerned should remember that.

As to the ongoing efforts to reduce ISIS?

That will not occur to any significant degree under the present day American administration, at this point. Without a significant increase in the already pathetic response they have rendered..and I mean a SIGNIFICANT increase.

And the overwhelming reason why, is that the same does not wish to promote America, right or wrong, as an international police force or agency capable of nation state rebuilding or as an exceptional power with the ability to do it.

History shows the error of that fallacy/their beliefs; in the re establishment of the western democracies post WW2 and post 1989.

And that's all I'm going to offer on the Yazidi-Kurd-Christian-Jewish persecution chaos ongoing.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 17-Aug-2014 at 21:57
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2014 at 22:28
I do agree with your points.  I should also have mentioned the Christians and Jews that have suffered at the hands of radical Islam.  Do to my ethnic connection of Yazidis I have overlooked the other groups.  I do also feel heavly for the Assyrians who are also in the same boat as Yazdis who are trying save their identiy and culture.

I do believe that America alone should not be responsible for fight against ISIS.  Europe and the other power house nations should also be playing role.  Unlike before this time there should be certain steps taken to prevent what had occurred after the Iraq Invasion as many actions taken to rid of ISIS would create other problems.

Also the Islamic world went to all protests and voiced their opinions when it is Isreal-Gaza conflict yet when ISIS are massacring thousands, Muslims seem to be silent.  Here in England there are daily protests against Israel.  But I have yet to see anything like that where muslims are protesting loud against ISIS.

Edited by Ince - 17-Aug-2014 at 22:29
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 00:35
Have you read guys that ISIS is a part of US/Isreal plan, according to SNOWDEN?

What is your opinion?
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 01:31
How do you say horseshit in Turkish?

Iow. While I fully recognize the capability of the US/allies and their machinations of the past (or the present) in dealing with it's opponents. Clearly the record is numerous.

The actual and more factual representation is that the story you allude to is based on Iranian sources. Specifically the IRNA claiming they had a scoop:

''The story was an English translation of a scoop by the state-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), which cited a purported interview with National Security Agency (NSA) leaker Edward Snowden.

The IRNA story appears to build on, or may have even started, an Internet rumor that has assumed truth like proportions through multiple reposts and links. No mention of a “hornet’s nest” plot can be found in Snowden’s leaked trove of U.S. intelligence documents, and even though Snowden has not publicly refuted the claim, it is safe to assume that the quoted interview never took place. (IRNA has been known to report stories from the satirical Onion newspaper as fact.) Yet Iranian government officials and independent analysts in Iran alike cited IRNA’s report as definitive proof of ISIS’s American and Israeli origins.''

cc. http://time.com/2992269/isis-is-an-american-plot-says-iran/

So when we consider the source; which is a mouth piece for the Islamist Terrorists leading Iran...I'm not much inclined to believe anything...other than how do you say horse shit in Turkish.

Why? because I trust you.

I nether trust the Islamists terrorists in Tehran or any of their mouthpieces. Specifically given their past and ongoing plans for nuc weapons production. And violations of various UN resolutions; not to mention their ongoing support for Hamas. And their inherent anti IG genocidal rhetoric directed towards the State of Israel and the west's demise at large.

And finally why wouldn't they cast aspersions on Sunni terrorists (the basis of ISIS). Their ideological and theological enemies.

So there you have it.

S. T. Friedman

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 02:35
Among all peoples in the region Kurds seem to be more open minded than others, for this reason Americans should strongly support them against both Sunni and Shia extremists, I think an independent Kurdish state can help to bring stability to the whole region.
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 02:56
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Among all peoples in the region Kurds seem to be more open minded than others, for this reason Americans should strongly support them against both Sunni and Shia extremists, I think an independent Kurdish state can help to bring stability to the whole region.

''.....against both Sunni and Shia extremists.....''

Not extremists. That's another faux representation.

They are exactly what I posted above.

''...... Kurds in general, are at odds for a variety of reasons with extremist Islamist fundamentalist terrorists..

And that's what they are...terrorists utilizing the guise of extreme religious fanaticism. They are not militants or rebels..they are terrorists.

So lets refer to them as such and not give them the positivity associated with identification as other.

Or worse deny that they are terrorists.''

S. T. Friedman

Tekesh Hwarazmshah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 03:02

i remember 7 years ago when mobile phones were just 4-5 megapiksels, everyone shared video on mobile phones, where yezidi people killed the yezidi girl for her falling in love with moslem, they crushed her head with big stone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZJNrc8sKw

and also on the video when Saddam Huseyn was punished,was seen how the kurdish/yezidi executioners cursed outrageously on him then hanged him
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 05:49
Originally posted by Tekesh Hwarazmshah

i remember 7 years ago when mobile phones were just 4-5 megapiksels, everyone shared video on mobile phones, where yezidi people killed the yezidi girl for her falling in love with moslem, they crushed her head with big stone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZJNrc8sKw

and also on the video when Saddam Huseyn was punished,was seen how the kurdish/yezidi executioners cursed outrageously on him then hanged him

The Yazidi culture is far from perfect and is still rooted in ancient thinking hence they have some bad things happen.  Do you believe for this they should be exterminated or what  force to convert to the "religion of peace" that is Islam? 

I am sorry but making a post like that just to make it seem as if they deserve what is happening is sickening, no people in this world deserves genocide or suffering. 

Edited by Ince - 18-Aug-2014 at 05:59
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 05:57

Chicago area Assyrians protest bloodshed in Iraq and Syria

Fri, 08/08/2014 - 5:39pm

Elizabeth Lazar, an Assyrian Christian, came to Daley Plaza Friday afternoon to give the persecuted people of Iraq and Syria a voice.

She stopped to talk to strangers and carried a sign that read “Stop the ethnic cleansing. Assyrians need a safe haven.”

Lazar joined hundreds of other Assyrians, many carrying crosses, on the same day Christians in Mosul, Iraq were ordered to leave the city by members of the Islamic State group.  

Friday also marked the first airstrikes from the U.S. in northern Iraq against militants who had taken captive hundreds of women from a religious minority.

The extremists have abducted, killed and expelled minorities in their campaign, including Iraq’s Christian and Yazidi communities, according to Human Rights Watch.

“These people in Iraq, they are threatened, they can’t talk. And here I am with luckily the freedom that this country provides, and I just thought, ‘How dare I not speak?’” Lazar, 29, said at Daley Plaza.  

“I’m here to say that these people are the indigenous people of Iraq. They’ve been there for almost 7,000 years and they are being wiped out. I think someone needs to speak for them so that they can find a home within their homeland, somewhere where they can be safe and not persecuted for being either a minority or for their religious affiliation.”

Baghdad native Peter Isaakian, 36, wants more than just airstrikes. He wants the U.S. to get “boots on the ground” to help the minorities in Iraq. Last month, the Islamic State group told Christians in Iraq they must either convert, pay a hefty tax or die.

“He [President Obama] made it clear that he’s not putting troops down in Iraq. The whole purpose of this is a lot of Assyrian Christians, the community is being destroyed and fleeing the country that we once owned. It was ours,” Isaakian said.

“They’re not letting people pay the tax. They’re just slaughtering. They’re cutting off heads and burying people alive.”

Stefanie Nano and Mary Nano said they worry that the bloodshed and exile in Iraq and Syria are being ignored because of other international crises. Both women, of Albany Park, wore shirts with the symbol ‘N’ in Arabic. It’s a derogatory way to describe Christians and it’s what’s being used to label Christians in Iraq and Syria, much like how Jewish businesses were labeled in Nazi Germany.

“We’re wearing the symbol as a sign of solidarity for the people being taken out of their businesses and homes and being executed for their religious beliefs,” Stefanie Nano, 26, said.

“They give you three options, but there really are no options. Either you go or you die and a lot of them, they don’t even give you the option,” Mary Nano, 21, said.

The sisters say they want Chicagoans, and other Americans to know what’s going on in their native country.

“The whole purpose is to get American people to understand that it’s a more complex issue than you’ll ever scratch the surface on,” Mary Nano said.

Secretary of State John Kerry issued a statement on Thursday with calls to stop the militant group.

“ISIL’s (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) campaign of terror against the innocent, including Yazidi and Christian minorities, and its grotesque and targeted acts of violence bear all the warning signs and hallmarks of genocide. For anyone who needed a wake-up call, this is it. ISIL is not fighting on behalf of Sunnis. ISIL is not fighting for a stronger Iraq. ISIL is fighting to divide and destroy Iraq - and ISIL is offering nothing to anyone except chaos, nihilism, and ruthless thuggery.”

http://politics.suntimes.com/article/chicago/chicago-area-assyrians-protest-bloodshed-iraq-and-syria/fri-08082014-539pm

Edited by Ince - 18-Aug-2014 at 06:03
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 06:01
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

How do you say horseshit in Turkish?

There is no combined word for horseshit in Turkish

Horse = At
Shit = Bok

The Shit of Horse = At Boku, I hope I can be helpful Big smile

but Spanish orginate word "palavra"(in Turkish) can be use instead of it

and OK, I noted your opinions

Edited by Ollios - 18-Aug-2014 at 06:01
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 09:40
What is palavurda?If it exist!
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 14:23
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

''.....against both Sunni and Shia extremists.....''

Not extremists. That's another faux representation.

They are exactly what I posted above.

''...... Kurds in general, are at odds for a variety of reasons with extremist Islamist fundamentalist terrorists..

Or worse deny that they are terrorists.''

I think everyone knows that Islamist extremists are fundamentalist terrorists ..., in fact these extremists are more dangerous than those who are just terrorists.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 19:42
I have had tears coming from eyes everytime I read the news about things like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2727868/Disabled-Yazidi-boy-Kurdish-abandoned-middle-Iraqi-desert-temperatures-50C.html

Disabled Yazidi boy found by Kurdish abandoned in middle of Iraqi desert in temperatures up to 50C

• Unidentified child was discovered in desert near Sinjar by Kurdish fighters
  • Doctors believe he was lying on his back staring at sun for up to 24 hours
  • Paralysis meant he was unable to shield eyes or move to a sheltered spot
  • Now being treated in hospital for eye damage but is expected to recover
  • Parents' location remains unknown - as does reason they abandoned him
  • Thought likely to have left him behind in panic as ISIS militants shot at them....................

Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2014 at 20:09
Indeed tragic. Ntl my advice is do your very best not to dwell on it.
Report on the success of the Yazidi and Kurds in this struggle. Report on the assistance being rendered or not. Report on the long term goals and the efforts being made by the west to meet them.

Casualties, at the expense of sounding nonchalant-which I am not-are a part of war. The key remains the elimination of the terrorist threat.

As oddly as it may sound coming from me...I seek peace for the region.. and offer prayers and consolation to ALL victims of All faiths. Whose lives are disrupted and or lost as a result of the terrorists depredations.

Innocents lose. Until the war is won.

Like it or not this is man's history.

CV

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>