Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you agree or disagree?
    Posted: 23-Jul-2014 at 15:04
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

No it's note. But we will call it a draw and let him opine if he feels a further need.

Best on ya.
Then in my opinion, CV, how could I disagree with your assessment that there might be more MM may bring to what he commented on to clarify what he has said. Thank you for your input, CV.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 23-Jul-2014 at 15:05
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2014 at 18:39
As you should be aware, the Mulsim attitude towards the world is that there is no room for non-believers, and that a holy duty exists to convert all such non-believers by the sword.  If in doubt, I invite you to read the Koran yourself.  I have.

The very existent of that intolerant belief system renders the author's comment not only incorrect, but ludicrous.  She merely attributes the Muslim attitude towards the world to the Westerners and then shines her personal spotlight on it as though she has uncovered some sort of cultural epiphany previously unknown.

The reality is that pretty much the whole world holds that attitude towards outsiders.  The Amero-Europeans held it towards the Amerind natives. The Britihs held it against every single nation they colonized ("Bloody Wogs"...remember?) The South American cultures still hold it against everyone else to this day.  The Serbs, Bosnians, Turks and Armenians have held it against each other for a couple of thousands of years.  The Germans held it against the whole world, as do the Japanese and Chinese, and virtually everybody to this day still holds it against the Jews, especially the Middle Eastern Muslims.  The Palestinian attitude towards killing Isrealis is a pure mirror image of the author's alleged premise, and shows just how simplistic her claims actually are.

According to one of Murphy's Golden rules, If everybody can't be right, then everybody is wrong...and so is she.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2014 at 22:19
Originally posted by Mountain Man

As you should be aware, the Mulsim attitude towards the world is that there is no room for non-believers, and that a holy duty exists to convert all such non-believers by the sword.  If in doubt, I invite you to read the Koran yourself.  I have.

The very existent of that intolerant belief system renders the author's comment not only incorrect, but ludicrous.  She merely attributes the Muslim attitude towards the world to the Westerners and then shines her personal spotlight on it as though she has uncovered some sort of cultural epiphany previously unknown.

The reality is that pretty much the whole world holds that attitude towards outsiders.  The Amero-Europeans held it towards the Amerind natives. The Britihs held it against every single nation they colonized ("Bloody Wogs"...remember?) The South American cultures still hold it against everyone else to this day.  The Serbs, Bosnians, Turks and Armenians have held it against each other for a couple of thousands of years.  The Germans held it against the whole world, as do the Japanese and Chinese, and virtually everybody to this day still holds it against the Jews, especially the Middle Eastern Muslims.  The Palestinian attitude towards killing Isrealis is a pure mirror image of the author's alleged premise, and shows just how simplistic her claims actually are.

According to one of Murphy's Golden rules, If everybody can't be right, then everybody is wrong...and so is she.

Mountain Man, is this supposed to be an attempt at answering my query over you calling Edith Durham an apologist? Because if so, I’m at a total loss as to where this explanation is meant to be! If indeed you have the evidence to back it up as an explanation.

You talk about the author’s comment not only being incorrect, but also being ludicrous, but why? Don’t you say those are the kinds of attitudes everyone has towards outsiders? If that is the case, are you suggesting everyone’s attitude towards outsiders is both incorrect, and ludicrous? But wait, Mountain Man, could it not be said that Edith Durham was pointing out the incorrect and ludicrous manner those of the Balkans are viewed by westerners (outsiders to the Balkans) the very point you were just highlighting? Yes, Mountain Man, indeed it is that way around, and not as you put it “the Muslim attitude towards the world to the westerners”. Epiphany anyone!

And finally, Mountain Man, you’ve misquoted your Murphy’s bit of fallacious logic. You did know that even the correct quote also contained fallacious logic too, right? Kind of makes the little bit you added onto the end somewhat questionable. Oh the quote, ”In nature, nothing is ever right. Therefore, if everything is going right…something is wrong.”

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12