Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parsis are followers of Zarathustra?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karlaswagnaz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parsis are followers of Zarathustra?
    Posted: 01-Jun-2014 at 17:20
I have read the Gathas of Zarathustra and I'm truly convinced the parsis aren't followers of his doctrine. They have ancient rituals, they are against conversion to their religion and they are very conservative, just the opposite of the words of the Gathas.
Stars die and reborn...
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2014 at 20:04
I think it better for you to go into more detail as to why it's your belief, Karl, as I cannot be sure what it is that leads you to this conclusion. For example, are you saying that conversion to their religion at an early age has lead you to this conclusion? Personally I think it's a very enlightened approach, and much better than forcing religion down the throats of those too young to understand. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2014 at 04:39
The parsis don't accept converses, they have priesthood and casts; they have rituals; they follow fake gods... And they call themselves followers of Zarathustra. Carl Sagan is more Zoroastrian than the parsis
Stars die and reborn...
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2014 at 04:49
Here is the prove: "It is as if there were a God who said to us, “I set before you two ways: You can use your technology to destroy yourselves or to carry you to the planets and the stars. It’s up to you.” It's like the principle of choice of the Gathas.

Edited by Karlaswagnaz - 02-Jun-2014 at 13:24
Stars die and reborn...
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2014 at 20:53
Originally posted by Karlaswagnaz

The parsis don't accept converses, they have priesthood and casts; they have rituals; they follow fake gods... And they call themselves followers of Zarathustra. Carl Sagan is more Zoroastrian than the parsis
I think they would accept converts under specific conditions, but believe to turn away from the religion chosen for you by God is a bad thing. As for fake gods, I'm probably not such a good person to discuss this with, as I'm almost certainly going to ask your definition of fake god, and what is your categorical proof of authenticity of one or other, or any god.

Originally posted by Karlaswagnaz

Here is the prove: "It is as if there were a God who said to us, “I set before you two ways: You can use your technology to destroy yourselves or to carry you to the planets and the stars. It’s up to you.” It's like the principle of choice of the Gathas.
The proof of an individual's philosophical acumen has yet to be considered a valid argument against another's devotion.  
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
rmi5 View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote rmi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2014 at 23:58
1) It is true that they don't accept converts, but it is not unique. Jews almost do not accept converts either. Although, they are some orthodox rabbis who currently allow converts under a 2 years program, but I doubt that if it is accepted by all jewish society.
2) I have read parts of gatha as well, but it does not say anything against what parsis are doing. basically, gatha has little information, and most of zoroastrianism principles are thought by Mobeds, and their books. 
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2014 at 06:01
Fake god: All gods. Ahura Mazda means "supreme knowledge or wisdom", but 3000 years ago, you wouldn't be smart if you said: There aren't gods. That's my point of view.
Stars die and reborn...
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2014 at 06:10
Yes, that's true, but we are not talking about jews or muslims. The parsis sing songs to Mithra, an ancient god. This is a fair example against what the Gathas say.
Stars die and reborn...
 Post Reply Post Reply