Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Russia, the successor of Mongol Empire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bushido View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bushido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russia, the successor of Mongol Empire
    Posted: 10-May-2014 at 06:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vIU6EyPPZY

A history programme filmed by NHK Japan.

English translation:

0:02 The Golden Horde in Russia was the longest lasting regime of the four Mongolian Khanates, however the internal conflicts weakened Golden Horde in 15th century. then, an empire centered in Moscow started its rise, Russian Empire, was like a brother to the Horde.

0:28 Uspensky sobor, Cathedral of the Dormition in Russia. The place of the Russian enthronement ceremony. The influence of 250 years Mongol domination was there.

0:36 An era of Ivan IV (1530-84), about 1/3 of the Russian aristocracy was the blood-line from Mongol.

1:02 To fight with the outer-power of Mongol (Crimean Khanate), he began with making the aristocracy as an ally. He did one curious plan.

1:32 He resigned his throne to Simeon Bekbulatovich who was a direct descendant of Genghis Khan.

2:14 Ivan succeeded getting the inner-power of Mongol. The next year, he went back to the state by given back from Simeon.

2:38 By the ceremony, Ivan IV became a successor of Mongol, strengthened its power to have Russia.

2:56 The Russia Empire expanded to Siberia and Central Asia by using the authority of Mongol.

3:29 Unlike the faded Kiev, the new power Moscow rose.

3:50 Ivan I (?-1340) approached Hahn & got a right to rule Rus. Moscow was developed dramatically in his days.

4:09 In 12nd century before Mongol entered, Moscow was a small village in woods. The center of it [Kremlin] was a simple wooden fort.

4:31 During Ivan I, the development increased dramatically. The wooden became stone etc, 2/3 scale of today was seen.

4:56 Moscow achieved wealth and power under the Mongols. Kremlin grew with it. In 15th century, the scale was nearly today. It's been the center of Russian Politics, Military affairs and Economy. Some say, that the word "Kremlin" was from the Mongolian word "Klemm", which means "fortress".

5:38 Ironically, Kremlin and today's center "Moscow" were developed under the power of Mongol.

5:56 Many churches of Russian Orthodox Church in Kremlin were started to be built during the days of Ivan I. The days under Mongol, also the days that the Russian Orthodox Church developed.

6:31 Russian Orthodox Church prayed for Hahn & was given the special right "Tax Free". When Mongol entered, the abbey was less than 100. It became 270 after it. Mongol took in [Moscow & Russian Orthodox Church] and progressed its force on Rus.

7:11 It didn't reach the north-west at first. It gradually went in. Moscow & Russian Orthodox Church helped it. There was a symbolic event in Pskov in 1327. One of the feudal lords in Rus ran into Pskov, on a charge of rising in revolt against Mongol.

8:08 According to the Russian chronicle, he was an influential person as a rival with Ivan I. His name was Aleksandr. Khan of Mongolia made the allied forces with Ivan I of Moscow & went Pskov. The people of Pskov took a posture to fight to support Aleksandr. At the very moment about to fight, a surprising thing happened. The Russian Orthodox Church took sides with pagan, Mongol. It expelled Aleksandr and people of Pskov. It had an overwhelming effect. Aleksandr had to escape further from Pskov.

8:58 Moscow & Russian Orthodox Church cooperated with Mongolia. 2 big power that led Russia later, increased its power in the Tatar-Mongol Yoke.

9:18 Karl Marx (1818-83) said like this, "Moscow, promoted under Mongol-Tatar. The bloody dishonor of the Mongol slavery became the cradle of Moscow. The current Russia is an extension of it".

9:48 The Mother Capital of Rus (Kiev) was shadowed. The region "Ukraine" was born under Mongolian days. The origin was "outside" to mean "Frontier".

9:49 An Ukraine man talking, "If you look at Russians, you will see Mongol features on thier faces, Mongols and Russians were mixed with each others, Russians are not Slavic..."

10:39 The old city Krakow, Ukraine. There's a festival carried out every year in June. The starring figure is a man wearing a costume of the Mongolian General + riding on the horse.He walks dancing in a parade with an orchestra, all day long. He taps people on the shoulder with a wooden hammer. A happiness is said to visit by it.

Edited by Bushido - 10-May-2014 at 06:15
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2014 at 06:30
They claim they are successor of Byzantine Empire!
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2014 at 23:27
I consider the whole arguement invalid as soon as I seen them refer to Krakow as a former Ukrainian city. Rubbish.
 Post Reply Post Reply