Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancient Anatolian Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Anatolian Peoples
    Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 05:04
Originally posted by kroglu

YES, WE ARE MURDERERS! WE KILL THEM ALL! AND WE TURKS LIKE TO KILL! WHAT DO YOU ANTICIPATE?! WE ARE ATTILAS GRANDCHILDREN

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? THIS IS THE TURK YOU WANT TO SEE.. WHAT?

I dont agree with anyone accusing you people of that, but your government has. I personally have only attacked Pan-turkism, Pan-arabism. I know infact that not all turks or arabs are like that. We in iran have admitted that our government is a discriminatory dictatorship. turkish government has blood in it hands too, you should admit that. hopefully the EU move will give more freedom to Kurds and end crimes against humanity in that country. But as a democracy turkey should reform its pan-turkic education system. product of that is poeple in this forum making ignorant statements such as Talysh are turks, or assyrians are no nationalities. ogozoglu, what ever his name is.

Edited by Shahanshah
King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 10:29

Originally posted by strategos

Why does no one mention the many ancient hellens who lived in anatolia.

They were Aegean sea colonies, rest of Anatolia hasnt had any Hellenic societies, except Pontus, but only its language was Greek, its inhabitants were mostly Laz or later Romans.

Anatolia was the land of Hatti, as the ancients said. And Hatti was possibly a Caucasian originated people. Later the Hittites united the Hatti and their language was assimilated by the new IE one.

hopefully the EU move will give more freedom to Kurds and end crimes against humanity in that country. But as a democracy turkey should reform its pan-turkic education system. product of that is poeple in this forum making ignorant statements such as Talysh are turks, or assyrians are no nationalities. ogozoglu, what ever his name is.

EU? Who is she to dare to change or edit our national systems? The country is ours, we decide what to do within our lands, not Europeans, or not a couple of blinded Iranian nationalists living in 2000 years past.

Before making comments about democracies and human rights, have a look at your own governments. Even our worst extreme nationalists are better than mullah manias.

I didnt say Talish were Turks, but I said Azeris are Turks, and the words given in a previous topic belonged to Azeri dialect of Turkic languages. Assyrians were a nation once, maybe still now, but in very few numbers and very seperated to form a unity or claim rights in northern Iraq. Dont change my words.

And my name is Oguzoglu.

Edited by Oguzoglu
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 12:18

The first article is from 2002.

Originally posted by Mortaza

Zagros Purya

That times are passed, thanks to EU.

Now, they can open their class for Kurd langauge.

But I think this is not enough, Class of Kurdish should give at school too.

but now, they can easily speak kurdish and examinate it.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 12:22

Because that was a millenium ago, in an age where there were no international/humanitarian laws.  The Hellenes of that age had an equal chance to defend themselves and drive the Turks out, but they failed.  Kurds are modern citizens of Jomhuriye Turkiye who must have their cultural rights respected and be treated as equals in a modern so called democracy; not living in fear of being lynched for promoting their ethnicity.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 13:29

I certainly agree.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 13:49

I am telling you, if the governments in Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Syria had just given them autonomy (education/law) within the framework of each country, not even half of the trouble of the last 80 years would have happened.

Didn't the Ottomans have some sort of equal right thing for them? I don't believe there were problems with Kurds in the Ottoman era or even Armenians.

Edited by Zagros Purya
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 13:58

Zagros Purya

Not much, but after all ottomans are more tolerant to their minorities, more than Turkey. Or maybe muslim minorities. The Turkey now  consist a lof of Muslim nation.

Ottomans were not nationalist, they were not much different between a kurd or Turk. Even, they fought again Turks(alevis) with Kurds. But times are changed, now we have nationalism disease.

For Armenians, It begins with the help of west, It increased Armenian nationalism, and It finished with the nationalism of young Turks(Increased Turkish nationalism). with exile

kroglu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Suspended

Quote kroglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 15:07
Originally posted by Mortaza

Zagros Purya

Not much, but after all ottomans are more tolerant to their minorities, more than Turkey. Or maybe muslim minorities. The Turkey now  consist a lof of Muslim nation.

Ottomans were not nationalist, they were not much different between a kurd or Turk. Even, they fought again Turks(alevis) with Kurds. But times are changed, now we have nationalism disease.

For Armenians, It begins with the help of west, It increased Armenian nationalism, and It finished with the nationalism of young Turks(Increased Turkish nationalism). with exile

I am an Alevi (Half shaman half muslim) by the way.. We are the original Turks of Anatolia..

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 15:14

because they were ancient?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 18:18

Exile idea wasnt related with nationalism at all. It was the only way to get rid of the inner conflict with minorities, open the eastern warside, clear it and save the eastern citizens' lives, villages and lands.

But I agree with you on the so called nationalism of Young Turks. Their nationalism was just a mask, they served Armenians and Rums more than their own empire's faith.

I'm an Alevi

Really, me too kroglu, but just on paper...

And Alevilik isnt half Shamanism and half Islam. It is right that it has lots of elements from shamanism, but it also has lots of elements from ancient Anatolian beliefs, even little from Zoroastrianism...

Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 21:02
what language did the Lydians speak?
King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 03:13
Originally posted by Shahanshah

what language did the Lydians speak?

Lydian or Luwian, a IE tongue related to Hittite.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 05:35

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

But I agree with you on the so called nationalism of Young Turks. Their nationalism was just a mask, they served Armenians and Rums more than their own empire's faith.

I hope youre joking, how is kicking out a group of people serving them? In my opinion they served no one over the other, they were bad for everyone. They claimed they were seeking to "create a frontier to unite all branches of their race", which is basically Pan-Turkism. Thats why they looked east towards Armenia. But thats one of the many motives they had, they werent there to get rid of Armenians, its just that we got in the way of their political goal. Every nationalist always has political motives, in that sense i totally agree with you Oguzoglu. Nationalism is a deadly political weapon.

Originally posted by Zagros Purya

Didn't the Ottomans have some sort of equal right thing for them? I don't believe there were problems with Kurds in the Ottoman era or even Armenians.

Youre right. It was called the Millet System, where minorities of the Ottoman Empire, mainly Armenians, Greeks and Jews, had a sort of limited autonomy, but within the frameworks and governing body of the Ottoman Empire. It wasnt really autonomy, it was kind of like saying "dont riot, dont cause unrest, pay your taxes, and we'll leave you alone". Good system in my opinion, makes sense. And yes, Armenians never had problems with the Ottoman Empire, it was only until 1895 (Abdul Hamid massacres) and 1915 (you know the debate), that Armenians and Ottoman Turks began to clash. Before that it was all good. Id like to live those good old days again.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 05:48

They are just a bunch of stupid, what the Turan will help ottomans.

They firstly tried to unite all ottoman race, but It failed with the balkain war, and than they become Turkish nationalist. Because It is the only way to survive for ottomans.(This is what they think)

But exile of minorities mostly comes with the rebellions and their alliance with western world.

But mainly I can say they are stupid, and have no idea how a country can be ruled.

It is not only armenians who suffered from their stupidness.

60 000-70 000 turkish soldiers died, because of cold. they have no wearing for winter. logistic means nothing for them.

We can saw It at exile also, they couldnt feed or protected armenians. because of it  exile(It is also one of biggest crime) turned a mass killing or as Armenians called genocide.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 14:43

Mortaza,

I think you were referring to the disaster of Sarikamis, when 90.000 Turkish soldiers died by the wrong decisions of Enver Pasha, because of the freezing cold. If there was no Armenian rebellions in the eastern province, than those soldiers would have some olace to take shelter and survive, but all the villages were burnt by Armenian gangs.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 15:14

And If we didnt exiled them, most of them would survive.

I have no knowledge about, armenian rebellion effect at this campaign.

but It just shows, what "logistic" means for talat.

And his stupity.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 15:43

You have no knowledge? Shame, so have a travel around Eastern Anatolia and then come and make comments. After your people suffered that much from those past violence, and all those current issues of Turkey, I am very shocked how ignorant may people be.

And BTW, we didnt exile them, Ottomans did, and if they didnt, more Kurds and Turks would be slaughtered than the Armenians. Just get some knowledge please.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 15:57

Oguzoglu

You have no knowledge? Shame, so have a travel around Eastern Anatolia and then come and make comments. After your people suffered that much from those past violence, and all those current issues of Turkey, I am very shocked how ignorant may people be.

I dont look past much for sufference. Past sufference should be stay at past. I dont need to go eastern anatolia for to learn talat stupidness.

So you are trying to tell me, It was Armenians who caused this 90 000 soldier death? I dont think so. I said I dont know, because I have no knowledge about armenian job about this dyings. I didnt read it anywhere, where did you read this?

If I am not wrong, rebellion gained force after this deaths.

Talat just destroyed ottoman empire, for his stupid dream, Turan?(and there are still some follower of it) It was talat, and his nationalist ideas who doomed us. Not armenians.

And BTW, we didnt exile them, Ottomans did,

Builder of Turkey are this ottomans, remember this?

and remember greeks exile. Yes, It was made agreement with greece too. Greeks exiled turks too.

But why Greece presented greek people at anatolia? or why Turkish goverment presented Turkish people at greece? Another ethnic cleansing.

and if they didnt, more Kurds and Turks would be slaughtered than the Armenians.

This is the same idea who beginned exiles. Exiles cannot be justified, There are reason for exiles yes, but They dont justify exile.

Specialy You cannot justify it with some estimation. Innocent armenians should be protected.

Just get some knowledge please.

From where? Halacolu?

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 17:40

I think you were referring to the disaster of Sarikamis, when 90.000 Turkish soldiers died by the wrong decisions of Enver Pasha, because of the freezing cold. If there was no Armenian rebellions in the eastern province, than those soldiers would have some olace to take shelter and survive, but all the villages were burnt by Armenian gangs.

Armenian street gangs were responsible for 90,000 Turkish soldiers to die? Oguzoglu, if Armenians were able to do that much damage, dont you think we would be able to take over the whole country? We couldnt even defend our own villages, but we killed 90,000 SOLDIERS? You honestly think the whole world is out to destroy your people, and will do anything to show people that Armenians are some kind of barbarians. Tell me, how many Turks are there compared to Armenians? 80 million Turks against 2 million Armenians, and we killed 90,000 soldiers in one place? If we could do that, imagine what the Russians could do....but somehow Turks held the Russian Empire off, and a couple of thousand Armenians killed 90,000 Turks in 1 place. Please listen to what you are saying.

And BTW, we didnt exile them, Ottomans did, and if they didnt, more Kurds and Turks would be slaughtered than the Armenians. Just get some knowledge please.

What you said is like saying the U.S. Nuking Japan was alright, because if they didnt kill 200,000 Japanese civilians, more Americans would have just died. That is exactly the kind of logic youre using in your argument.

Everyone recognizes that Turks died during WWI. No one denies that. Please show me one person that says that, and i will spit in their face. The only thing that is denied is the Armenian deaths. Your country is 100 times bigger and richer than Armenia, yet your nation is the victim? Talaat Pasha also used to say "Turks are the victim, Armenians are to blame". Stop thinking like this, i know you are smarter than that, stop letting your anger take control of your view on history.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 06:00

I dont look past much for sufference. Past sufference should be stay at past. I dont need to go eastern anatolia for to learn talat stupidness.

Tell it to people who have lost their families by that past sufferings before. The thing you call stupideness have ruined hundreds of thousands of lives, and all eastern Anatolia.

Talat just destroyed ottoman empire, for his stupid dream, Turan?(and there are still some follower of it) It was talat, and his nationalist ideas who doomed us. Not armenians.

Maybe right, but no doubt there was a heavy Armenian effect on the empire's fall.

Builder of Turkey are this ottomans, remember this?

No they arent. Osmanoglu dynsty was exiled, Enver Pasha was dead. ataturk built modern Turkey and he was independent from Ottoman authority, he ruled the alternative government of Ankara while there was still an Ottoman government ruling the country.

Another ethnic cleansing.

What do you mean?

This is the same idea who beginned exiles. Exiles cannot be justified, There are reason for exiles yes, but They dont justify exile.

Yes, exiles can be well justified. The thing is, in the middle of a World war, fighting in more than ten battlesides, an empire who is called the "sick man", who is too weak even to protect its own citizens is backstabbed by one of its subjects in the eastern battlesides, where the Russian armies are very actively invading. What could they do? Did they have any other chance to end that chaos in eastern Anatolia and continue on trying to protect their capital? Nope sir.

The truth is, Kurds suffered more than Turks in the Eastern provinces. Why? Because the regions where Armenians were trying to cleanse ethnically and claim their owning rights with an artificial population dominiance was mostly regions where Muslims (Turks and Kurds) and Armenians were living together in peace before.

Specialy You cannot justify it with some estimation. Innocent armenians should be protected.

And who would protect innocent Kurds and Turks?

Armenian survival,

No, they werent street gangs at all. They were well supplied, professional gangs with Russian support. And you got me wrong, sure Enver Pasha was responsible with the disaster of Sarikamis. But all that happennings in the east were just helping that disaster to happen.

Armenian rebellion gangs have caused much more people to suffer, but mainly not soldiers, civilians. Also Talat Pasha caused lots of Armenian and Turkish civilians to suffer.

We couldnt even defend our own villages

What defending? You mean attacking to your own villages, where Turks Kurds and Armenians lived together, right?

80 million Turks against 2 million Armenians

Where did you get those numbers from? The thing is, nonMuslims such as Armenians werent responsible with military missions, but all Turkish/Kurdish men were fighting in the battlesides. That is why Armenian plans were such successful.

And 80.000.000 Turks? Ottoman Turkish population was less than 30.000.000 all over the empire after the WWI, and Eastern anatolia had just a couple of millions, of course with a rare number of men after the war.

What you said is like saying the U.S. Nuking Japan was alright, because if they didnt kill 200,000 Japanese civilians, more Americans would have just died. That is exactly the kind of logic youre using in your argument.

No, I didnt. Japans bombed American military targets, and as a response, Americans bombed civilian Japanese targets. But Armenians attacked civilian Ottoman towns, and Ottoman government exiled all Armenians, including the very civilian ones and killed most of the gang members, rebellers etc. These arent similar actions.

Everyone recognizes a so-called genocide because of political reasons, Armenian lobbies actions etc. Not because they respect the real issue of what happened in and after the WWI in Anatolia. The countries who are busy with discussing the punishments of a so-called Armenian genocide are the ones who once committed the most horrible actions of humanity, and caused politic purposed violences including the massacres of Turks and Armenians, and all the actions that Ottoman Empire took after the reign of Young Turks.

Please dont just become defensive and begin a new arguement of who's right, and who doesnt respect. We are all humans, and any kind of nationalistic views arent heavier than our human views. Of course we accept Armenian deaths, who denied it? Armenian civilians have also suffered so much from the Ottoman government's orders. But the world denies the Turkish sufferings, and call everything happened there, that we still face its sad consequences as an "Armenian genocide". We dont deny civilian Armenian death, we respect it as much as we respect Turkish and Kurd massacres, we dont accept the claims of Armenian genocide because we also respect what happened to our greatpas and during our worse times, not because we have any symphaty to the mass murderers such as Talat Pasha or Enver Pasha.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>