Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancient Anatolian Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Anatolian Peoples
    Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 20:33

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

We dont deny civilian Armenian death

But your country denies to take responsibility for it. My argument is not with Turkish people's respect, i know a lot of them feel bad for what happened to Armenians, and they respect our deaths as well. But your government, is a totally different story. Theyre the only ones i have a problem with.

Where did you get those numbers from? The thing is, nonMuslims such as Armenians werent responsible with military missions, but all Turkish/Kurdish men were fighting in the battlesides. That is why Armenian plans were such successful.

Tens of thousands of Armenian men were in the Ottoman army, fighting Ottoman Turks' enemies. So where did we get all these "rebels" out of thin air? I know there were Armenian rebels, but they were very few in number. A lot of them did not even have weapons, the Ottomans disarmed the population before WWI.

The truth is, Kurds suffered more than Turks in the Eastern provinces. Why? Because the regions where Armenians were trying to cleanse ethnically and claim their owning rights with an artificial population dominiance was mostly regions where Muslims (Turks and Kurds) and Armenians were living together in peace before.

You do know that there is proof of Kurdish bandits murdering Armenian women and children on the "deportation" marches, dont you? And how are there so many Kurdish bandits running around? Ottoman government let them loose to pillage and murder the people on the marches. And the only people on the marches were women, children and the elderly. There were no young men on the death marches, they had either been drafted in the military and murdered, or they were killed in the villages before the march, so they dont become a problem later by trying to fight the soldiers.

A Kurdish political group has Apologized to Armenians, for what they did to them during WWI. They admitted what they did, and apologized for it as a people. You do not need more proof than this. Your claim of Armenians trying to cleanse Kurds and Turks is false, no historian in their right mind would back up that claim, Kurds even apologized to Armenians, so your theory is inaccurate.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2005 at 08:39

But your country denies to take responsibility for it

Our governments not accepting the blame of a "genocide" doesnt mean they dont accept the civilian Armnian deaths. Didnt the Ottomans made horrible mistakes? Yes, they did. Didnt they cause lots of civilian Armenians' death? Yes, they did. But genocide is totally a seperate inhumane issue that taking such responsibility cannot be compared even with causing such disasters. Ottoman government didnt have any other chance than deportation, that why we are still not accepting such responsibility.

Please, I wont be able to continue this discussion any longer,I'm really fed up with that, and I think I tried to explain the real situation of that time with my best effords on the earlier topics about it.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2005 at 09:35
The genocide commited against the Armenians in WW1 was mainly by the Turkish goverment and by (which was hired, these do not represent the kurdish people) kurdish bandits. It was a aweful thing and it ended with over 1.5 million Armanians killed... Kurds have offically said Apologized to the Armanians. But Turks even today think it was all made up...
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2005 at 10:22

who is this guy speaking for  Turkey Kurds?Is  he a president?

Cent do you aware he is wanting Kurdish  land?

What he said is true, mostly  Kurdish people live at that lands.

You do know that there is proof of Kurdish bandits murdering Armenian women and children on the "deportation" marches, dont you? And how are there so many Kurdish bandits running around? Ottoman government let them loose to pillage and murder the people on the marches.

Ottomans have no force to stop them. Be sure my friend, at that times,  Ottomans  are dying.

A Kurdish political group has Apologized to Armenians, for what they did to them during WWI.

Are you sure It is not a terrorist group? PKK?

Your claim of Armenians trying to cleanse Kurds and Turks is false, no historian in their right mind would back up that claim,

Well I am sorry which Kurd said this to you, but in Eastern turkey people mostly know Armenians killings.

and I dont understand why we should give Armenia Eastern Turkey?

I think you missunderstood me, What I mean is give to  land persons. Armenians.

This has nothing related  with giving land to Republic of Armenia.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2005 at 11:26

Cent do you aware he is wanting Kurdish  land?

Turks, Iranians and Arabs want our land, why not Armenians too?

The only thing he wants is you (turks) too admite the genocide against them in WW1...

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 14:34

There is not an "Armenian genocide"....

Armenians who were aiming an independent national Armenian state conducted a rebellion against Ottoman Empire during I WW on lands they were not forming more than %30 of the population. They have participated into the Russian army. They have conducted guerilla warfare against Ottomans and they massacred a huge amount of Turkish civilian population.

Ottomans decided to move them in different parts of the empire. During their transportation due to lack of facilities, revange attacks and ilness many of them have died. In II WW 20.000 Dutch people have died from hunger in the middle of Europe. In I WW the conditions were much harder in Easter Anatolia. As Oguzoglu said even the Ottoman army has lost 90.000 soldiers in a single campaigne due to the same reasons without fighting.

There is not an Armenian genocide. But I expresse my deep sarrow for the ones who lost their lives from both parts; Armenians and Turks. They were both of the same soil and the same country. But many Europeans are only focusing on Armenian sufferings. This is a clear double standard as a result of poor knowledge.  

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 19:05

Originally posted by Alparslan

They have participated into the Russian army.

Eastern Armenia was under the Russian Empire, hence Armenians participating in the Russian army.

Id like to read an article of 1 person claiming there were no Turkish deaths. Everyone recognizes your losses, and rightfully so. However Turkey got a huge country after the war, not to mention land that Armenians had been living on for thousands of years, land that the Ottomans deported them out of. And before that, they started moving in Turks en masse to dwindle the Armenian population in Eastern Anatolia. You cannot deny this, virtually every empire does it.

If they didnt have sufficient supplies to deport a population, why did they attempt it on such a large scale? Its not like they suddenly ran out of supplies, they knew how many resources they were using and how many were left. Its not like they woke up one day and everything was gone. Its very irresponsible to leave an entire populations' fate on simple chance.

So basically Turkey recieved lands that the Ottomans deported the Armenians out of, when they knew they didnt have nearly enough supplies to sustain them for the trip. I dont know, can you really blame Armenians for wanting some vindication for that?

Edited by ArmenianSurvival

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 19:46
Originally posted by Zagros Purya

Originally posted by strategos

Why does no one mention the many ancient hellens who lived in anatolia.

Because that was a millenium ago, in an age where there were no international/humanitarian laws.  The Hellenes of that age had an equal chance to defend themselves and drive the Turks out, but they failed.  Kurds are modern citizens of Jomhuriye Turkiye who must have their cultural rights respected and be treated as equals in a modern so called democracy; not living in fear of being lynched for promoting their ethnicity.

This is about ancient anatolian peoples, and the greeks were one of them. I am not so sure the kurds were, unless they went by another name or did not do much at that time? What does this have to do with turks, they are not even ancient anatolian people.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Anonym View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Anonym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 23:08

Originally posted by AyKurt

This argument is a bit silly.  Questions of identity is decided by the present people and not by their genetics.  After all nearly every human in this planet is the descendants of people who have migrated into their present lands and intermixed with other inhabitants in the area, the only exceptions are perhaps the Aborigines, the Khoisan and perhaps the Andamanese and some other remote indigenous Asians.
Its strange how it always seems to be the Turks who have their indentity undermined. 

you are quite right.  the problem arises when that identity is used to validate a political question then... well you get this thread.  the turks today are not genetically 100% turkish (I mean in Turkey).  is it 99% or 2%?  who knows and frankly who cares.  when I was in instanbul and looked at old representations of turks they seem to have mongolian features.  today the turks in turkey do not.  so, undeniably they have mixed.  again, 2% or 99% - who cares.  the problem is that their terretorial integegrity is not secure, there are too many claims to turkish lands and too bloody a history in sustaining it.  so, to your point about why so much traffic about turkey, it's a combination of (a) revisionist internal turkish narrative; (b) external rejection of the revisionist narrative; and (c) overt political overtones.  me, I'm okay with a turk from turkey claiming he is 100% turkish - how would I know different?  but let's not pretend that there is no political agenda behind it for those who state it and those who contest it. your example of the englishmen oversimplifies a complex situation, there is little comparison.  a better comparison would be the palestenian-israeli situation where ethnic ties to a geography was used to validate a land claim. 

Edited by Anonym
Ironheart View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Ironheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:05
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

We dont deny civilian Armenian death

But your country denies to take responsibility for it. My argument is not with Turkish people's respect, i know a lot of them feel bad for what happened to Armenians, and they respect our deaths as well. But your government, is a totally different story. Theyre the only ones i have a problem with.

Where did you get those numbers from? The thing is, nonMuslims such as Armenians werent responsible with military missions, but all Turkish/Kurdish men were fighting in the battlesides. That is why Armenian plans were such successful.

Tens of thousands of Armenian men were in the Ottoman army, fighting Ottoman Turks' enemies. So where did we get all these "rebels" out of thin air? I know there were Armenian rebels, but they were very few in number. A lot of them did not even have weapons, the Ottomans disarmed the population before WWI.

The truth is, Kurds suffered more than Turks in the Eastern provinces. Why? Because the regions where Armenians were trying to cleanse ethnically and claim their owning rights with an artificial population dominiance was mostly regions where Muslims (Turks and Kurds) and Armenians were living together in peace before.

You do know that there is proof of Kurdish bandits murdering Armenian women and children on the "deportation" marches, dont you? And how are there so many Kurdish bandits running around? Ottoman government let them loose to pillage and murder the people on the marches. And the only people on the marches were women, children and the elderly. There were no young men on the death marches, they had either been drafted in the military and murdered, or they were killed in the villages before the march, so they dont become a problem later by trying to fight the soldiers.

A Kurdish political group has Apologized to Armenians, for what they did to them during WWI. They admitted what they did, and apologized for it as a people. You do not need more proof than this. Your claim of Armenians trying to cleanse Kurds and Turks is false, no historian in their right mind would back up that claim, Kurds even apologized to Armenians, so your theory is inaccurate.

.....Armenians were rearmed by their russian brethren.

Pax Ottomanica
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:42

Originally posted by Ironheart

.....Armenians were rearmed by their russian brethren.

And which year was this?

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 14:24
Can you guys please hold on to the original topic? We had enough of these debates.
Alkiviades View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Alkiviades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 10:26
I think this topic should be either cleaned from the garbage so we can discuss this very interesting issue, or just be closed and move on to a new one. Mods, please?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 10:48
Many topics have been deleted. I left it where both of the last two posts want it to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456