Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The circular Ark!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The circular Ark!
    Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 17:50
This might well be the ancestor of Noah's Ark?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/25/a-4000-year-old-tablet-contains-specifications-for-a-giant-ark-pre-dating-the-biblical-story-of-noah/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/25/a-4000-year-old-tablet-contains-specifications-for-a-giant-ark-pre-dating-the-biblical-story-of-noah/

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 18:48
Ron, how credible is this site and the people quoted in it? Are the people reputable scientists?
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 20:29
The Epic of Gilgamesh is of the time and region, and its version of Noah and the Ark predates the biblical version by about as much time, if not more.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 21:42

What is the tablet name/number? Is circular perfectly circle or could it be like oval reed boats? (I think that the ark looked like the reed boats of Titicaca (double hulled hence solving the disputes that the durupinar site is "double the biblical width".). The "so much rope" might agree.)

The epic of Gilgamesh may indeed provide clues to Ark location (Dilmun). The stone things in the epic match the drogue stones associated with the Dogubayazit/Durupinar ark site. But the epic does not really predate Biblical as is always said, except perhaps written versus oral/events. Gilgamesh is post-Flood in Sumerian. Epic of Gilgamesh mentions Joseph's famine & a Potiphar's wife parallel. Some identify the city Erech that Nimrod founded as Uruk (which Gilgamesh was king of), Rohl thinks Nimrod may be Enmerkar (before Gilgamesh) [or Nimrod could even be Gilgamesh?] &/or that Babel may be Eridu/Nunki of antediluvian part of king list (i like Babel/Badtibira but not sure it is right).

ps How come others cn be sensationalist and don't have to write a paper with every jot and tiddle wirtten up the way they stipulate while others of us make equal/greater discoveries and get the silence/rejection treatment.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 21:47
Originally posted by toyomotor

Ron, how credible is this site and the people quoted in it? Are the people reputable scientists?

Ron does not know, he just reports things!

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 22:06
[QUOTE=Arthur-Robin]
What is the tablet name/number? Is circular perfectly circle or could it be like oval reed boats? (I think that the ark looked like the reed boats of Titicaca (double hulled hence solving the disputes that the durupinar site is "double the biblical width".). The "so much rope" might agree.)"

Arthur-Robin (pronounced as raban) posted the above!

Dear A-R, yes! The great mathematician and historian named Sir Isaac Newton, might well describe it in his infamous treatise? And indeed he did mention early man's "round boats!"

Have any of you ever read Newton's works concerning chronology?

And, I would suggest that "round" was not the correct word, since it would undoubtedly lend to the loss of control of said vessel! Thus the word "oval" would likely to be more correct.

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 26-Jan-2014 at 22:09
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 22:12
And yes, TADR, you are also correct! The dating's of any of these events is in "the eye of the dater!" LOL

Ron
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 22:30
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

The epic of Gilgamesh may indeed provide clues to Ark location (Dilmun). The stone things in the epic match the drogue stones associated with the Dogubayazit/Durupinar ark site. But the epic does not really predate Biblical as is always said...
You say that The Epic of Gilgamesh "does not really predate Biblical as is always said", but what evidence have you suggesting this maybe be possibly true?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:28
TADR, I consider all of the so called evidence preceding the 10th or 11th century Current Era, as questionable!

You must, by now, know that?

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 26-Jan-2014 at 23:41
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:44
The author's credentials;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Finkel

Hope this helps?

Ron
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:55
Originally posted by opuslola

TADR, I consider all of the so called evidence preceding the 10th or 11th century Current Era, as questionable!

You must, by now, know that?

Regards, Ron

And your reason for believing that, dates and all, opuslola, is?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:58
TDAR, you must already know the answer to your above question!

I support a lot of the parts of the New Chronology proposed by Fomenko!

You just asked a question that you knew the answer before hand! LOL

Regards, Ron
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 00:13

TDAR, you must already know the answer to your above question!

I support a lot of the parts of the New Chronology proposed by Fomenko!

You just asked a question that you knew the answer before hand! LOL

Regards, Ron
What is the reasoning behind Fomenko's ideology on using a new chronology, and where's the proof that this new chronology has anymore legitimacy than that it is trying to replace?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 00:29
My dear TADR, etc. the question you ask is in the words of Fomenko, and not mine. I would suggest that you read the words on the net, still I think, that show at least one whole book.

The "reason" or "reasoning" is, as always left to the reader! It is called "free will", perhaps you have heard of the term?

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 27-Jan-2014 at 00:29
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 00:41
By the way, to all of you who defend the status quo of chronology and history, etc.,

Just how do any of you classify a "sure thing original source", for any event that reportedly happened before the explosion of the printing press came into vogue?

So,come on, and provide secure and "reliable" "original sources?"

Pick any well known event now dated before BCE times, and let us all see, just how they look under close examination?

Edited by opuslola - 27-Jan-2014 at 06:54
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 01:03
thanks Ron/Opsy i didn't even think of the round [corricles?]. Yes i read some of his chronology but never finished going through all of it.

thanks Alani/Dragoni, i gave or listed a few evidences (epic mentions Joseph's famine & potiphar's wife episode; erech/uruk? nimrod/enmerkar? / nimrod/gilgamesh? babel/eridu/nunki? / babel/badtibira?, stone things/drogue stones; Gilgamesh is postFlood in sumerian king list; dilmun / ark lacation). I mean the epic might perhaps predate Moses (ca 12th dynasty) writing torah but the actual proto-biblical events of Genesis predate Gilgamesh &/or epic. For the epic to mention Joseph's famine must mean that the famine happened before it was written (since i can't see that Joseph's famine comes from the epic of Gilgamesh). I'm not sure what the earliest version date of the epic is?
It is of course upto each person to decide for selves which of the 2 comes from the other. From my own research of world mythology & history i think it makes more sense to have it from biblical rather than other way around but it would not be easy for me to post all my evidences/proof except to say that the genesis events (eden, flood, babel, etc) are found in universal myths.

Epic of Gilgamesh: Gilgamesh turns down Ishtar's advances, Gud-ana/bull of heaven, storage & 7 years drought ("have you saved grain ... I have saved grain ... for 7 yrs")

Descent of Ishtar: dry, dusty, vizier, 7 gates/judges, on earth springs of fertility ran dry, Ea secured her release by means of a brilliant Eunuch which captivated the heart of the mistress of infertility & death.

Atrahasis epic : ".... Let the fig tree be cut off from the people; in their bellies let vegetables be wanting. Above let Adad make scarce his rain.... [there then followed 7 harsh yrs/periods/series of famine.]"

Sumerian king list:

kingship descended from heaven ~ sons of god (genesis 6)?
eridu/nunki ~ babel (rohl)? enoch/irad/nod (cain)?
badtibira ~ babel? tubalcain?
(larsa)
badtibira ~ babel?
larak/la.ra.ak ~ erech?? ararat?
sippar ~ accad?
shurupak
deluge ~ great Flood (Noah)? postflood iceage?
kingship descended from heaven ~ babel?
Kish 1 ~ cush??
Eana/Uruk 1 (enmerkar, gilgamesh) ~ erech? nimrod? chedorlaomer?
ur 1
Awan
etc

(not that i care about or believe in God anymore after hell i am suffering or care about humanity anymore after way humans (& esp women) (& incl historum posters) treat me (including poisoning/fluoridating the water here (which i bet Iran does not do to their people (so much for "bad iran and good west" (though it is only british & american not mainland europe)) (even Israel posion half their towns water). I just can't help continuing to go along with what seems to me the true history scheme/scenario. Sorry for the offtopic [trolling?] just trying to say i'm not posting it out of religion or goodwill.)

ps Ron i already partially answered the original date issue in the relevant thread/topic (there are sure events/dates eg flood, babel, joseph famine, atlantis, Joseph was 3rd dynasty, Moses ws 12th dyn/1400s, star of bethlehem, etc).
How can the pyramids and many other artifcacts, inscriptions, etc have been faked all after the printing press?

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 27-Jan-2014 at 01:09
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 06:51
Arthur-Robin, inclusion in The Epic of Gilgamesh doesn't somehow mean that those eventually being included in one form or other in the Bible predate it, and neither does a chronology of perceive events. You suggest that it makes more sense that the Biblical predates The Epic, why? Morality stories tend to be adapted in one way or other to suit the situation they are being conveyed, and ancient trade routes seem to be a likely conveyance for those types of stories. What's more Biblical stories talk about the wisdom of those taking forth God's word, and them having the ability to do so in written form too. As far as I can gather Aramaic even in its earliest form began using an adaptation of the Phoenician alphabet, much in the same way I guess as the Greek written language did, and someway behind Sumerian. I guess a way around it could be to suggest that the Old Testament was originally Sumerian, and somehow adapted in the Neo-Babylonian era when Aramaic came into its own as the language of administration.      

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 27-Jan-2014 at 07:32
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 10:39

By the way, to all of you who defend the status quo of chronology and history, etc.,

Just how do any of you classify a "sure thing original source", for any event that reportedly happened before the explosion of the printing press came into vogue?

So,come on, and provide secure and "reliable" "original sources?"

Pick any well known event now dated before BCE times, and let us all see, just how they look under close examination?

Ron, the agreement was that you keep this stuff in "Alternative History".  Knock it off.  It lends nothing to the discussion, and in general is becoming......... Tiresome.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply