Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why the steppes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why the steppes?
    Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 04:33
Originally posted by raygun

I ordered a National Geographic's Genographic Project test kit. It contains a DVD on the Journey of Man. Interestingly, they showed that CA was a "melting pot" - sort of an distribtuion point when man came out of Africa, before the Europeans moved to Europe, and the East Asians moved to China, etc.

They went to Kazarkstan to interview a man who carried a gene form 40,000 yrs ago (if I remembered correctly)!

And they also visited the Chukchi(sp?) tribe in north-eastern Siberia in -50 C. Those Chukchi are really incredible people! You must watch the DVD to believe how tough they are!

cheers

yes I saw this one it was verry intresting I wanted to order the kit but I don't thrust it
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 14:01

I ordered a National Geographic's Genographic Project test kit. It contains a DVD on the Journey of Man. Interestingly, they showed that CA was a "melting pot" - sort of an distribtuion point when man came out of Africa, before the Europeans moved to Europe, and the East Asians moved to China, etc.

They went to Kazarkstan to interview a man who carried a gene form 40,000 yrs ago (if I remembered correctly)!

And they also visited the Chukchi(sp?) tribe in north-eastern Siberia in -50 C. Those Chukchi are really incredible people! You must watch the DVD to believe how tough they are!

cheers
I saw that program on PBS a while ago, it was great.  Except for the humans that migrated to southern India and Australia before they got to Central Asia, everyone else mixed and mingled in Central Asia before going off their seperate ways.  Yea, that was an Uygur man in Kazakistan, they said something like his DNA has not been mixed for 40,000yrs.  So he is the most purest, known, human in the world.  I thought that tribe he visited in Siberia were the Kipchak.  Isn't the Chukchi the Native Americans he visited in Arizona?
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 14:02
What does this kit do, that you guys mentioned?
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 15:07

isnt that the case with all of us? most human genes (close to 99%) are conserved. Furthermore you, I and about everyone here has almost the same mitochondrial DNA, the same DNA present in humans as early as 200,000 years ago.The only variability comes from a few mutations in the mitochondria that occur in places where it does not matter.

The mitochondrial DNA has been one of the few ways to trace human migrations.
raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 05:11
Originally posted by Feramez

Hi, the kit basically test your genetic ancestry, looking for the migration route your forefathers taken after they left Africa. If you're in the US, it cost US$99, if you're in other parts of the world then its US$129 including shipping.

You can then use the results and maybe use this site (http://www.ysearch.org/)to trace for pple with similar genetic codes. It shld be fun to see who is your distance relative.

cheers

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 06:05

Originally posted by Feramez

Hi, the kit basically test your genetic ancestry, looking for the migration route your forefathers taken after they left Africa. If you're in the US, it cost US$99, if you're in other parts of the world then its US$129 including shipping.

You can then use the results and maybe use this site (http://www.ysearch.org/)to trace for pple with similar genetic codes. It shld be fun to see who is your distance relative.

cheers

Maybe I'll try that out, thanks.
-Ziya Gokalp-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12