Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RE: the US has to invade Iran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SonoftheUSA View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SonoftheUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RE: the US has to invade Iran
    Posted: 15-May-2005 at 20:42

Why do we have to do everything?  Isn't anyone else capable?  try the UN... where are they when the US and a couple Britons are doing their job.  yes Iran needs to be purged of its tyrannical government but can't we just get a bit of help.

French opposition, that's the problem

US patriot from the great state of Mississippi
Janissary
Janissary

Quote SonoftheUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 20:43

well not just French other too, im not saying its only the French just that they are the main ones

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 21:04
I think it will be a preemptive strike by the IDF.
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 21:10

French opposition? lol!  There isn't such a thing!  There is only French nagging.  Nag, nag, nag.  That's all they do.  So what do people with common sense do?  Screw what they say and bomb whoever the hell they think is a threat. 

But it will be a preemptive strike, probally by the US because everyone else is going to sit and watch the pretty lights fall on Iran.

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 21:12
c'mon it has to be the Israelis, America is preoccupied with Iraq.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote SonoftheUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 21:16

thegeneral has a great point... French nagging

you know one of the biggest jokes in my high school is "I know 3 phrases in French: 1. Bonjour=hello, 2. excuse-moi=excuse me, 3. I surrender"

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 21:58

Yeah, and what is the first thing they teach French kids in school?  How to say "I surrender" in German.  Come here for some great French jokes: http://www.geocities.com/wallacejohnus/
http://www.fortliberty.org/patriotic-humor/french-jokes.shtm l

They are the best things I have ever read, lol!

I doubt Israel will do anything.  I'd liek to see them help with that but they can't take on such a big task by themselves.  And America is not as occupied with Iraq as much as it has been.  Atleast they now have a police force.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 22:37
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05 /14/AR2005051400071.html

For those who wonder what the U.S. strike in Iraq or North Korea would look like, read the article above.

It says that the U.S. plans to to use a combination of airstrikes, electronic jamming, and computer hacking. Special forces may be used too. Oh, I almost forgot, if the situation is considered dangerous enough, they may use nuclear bombs, although this is not likely to happen.

The details are in the story.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote SonoftheUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 22:46

Ode to France

Eleven thousand soldiers lay beneath the dirt and stone,
all buried on a distant land so far away from home.

For just a strip of dismal beach they paid a hero's price,
to save a foreign nation they all made the sacrifice.

And now the shores of Normandy are lined with blocks of white:
Americans who didn't turn from someone else's plight.

Eleven thousand reasons for the French to take our side,
but in the moment of our need, they chose to run and hide.

Chirac said every war means loss, perhaps for France that's true,
for they've lost every battle since the days of Waterloo.

Without a soldier worth a damn to be found within the region,
the French became the only land to need a Foreign Legion.

You French all say we're arrogant. Well hell, we've earned the right--
We saved your sorry nation when you lacked the guts to fight.

But now you've made a big mistake, and one that you'll regret;
you took sides with our enemies, and that we won't forget.

It wasn't just our citizens you spit on when you turned,
but every one of yours who fell the day the towers burned.

You spit upon our soldiers, on our pilots and Marines,
and now you'll get a little sense of just what payback means.

So keep your Paris fashions and your wine and your champagne,
and find some other market t that will buy your aeroplanes.

And try to find somebody else to wear your French cologne,
for you're about to find out what it means to stand alone.

You see, you need us far more than we ever needed you.
America has better friends who know how to be true.

I'd rather stand with warriors who have the will and might,
than huddle in the dark with those whose only flag is white.

I'll take the Brits, the Aussies, the Israelis and the rest,
for when it comes to valor we have seen that they're the best.

We'll count on one another as we face a moment dire,
while you sit on the sideline with a sign, "friendship for hire."

We'll win this war without you and we'll total up the cost,
and take it from your foreign aid, and then you'll feel the loss.

And when your nation starts to fall, well Frenchie,
you can spare us, just call the Germans for a hand, they know the way to Paris.

Don Fichthorn, Major USMC (Retired)

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 23:38
SonoftheUSA, I hope you dont mind me moving your "Ode to France" here because it is relative to your upper post and some of these things need to be kept together.
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 09:14
Some people here should really grow up!

Hey, we have jokes on the USA too. One that would fit here is that the USA have to find Iran on a map first before invading it.
Vae victis!
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 10:01
Originally posted by SonoftheUSA

Ode to France

Originally posted by Thegeneral

Yeah, and what is the first thing they teach French kids in school?  How to say "I surrender" in German.  Come here for some great French jokes:

Slandering of other countries or posting insulting little jingles as "jokes" is not welcomed in this forum. If you like to critisize the French (or any other-in any case most countries share French concerns) attidute toward the war in Iraq, then state your arguments.

Please grow up!

Edited by Yiannis
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 13:54

Sorry Yiannis, I just couldn't resist.

Originally posted by SonotheUSA

Why do we have to do everything?  Isn't anyone else capable?  try the UN... where are they when the US and a couple Britons are doing their job.  yes Iran needs to be purged of its tyrannical government but can't we just get a bit of help.

Because you're the only one dumb enough to put the preventive war in application.

French opposition, that's the problem

We must be a very important political power then to spoil the US strategy then.

well not just French other too, im not saying its only the French just that they are the main ones

Just like I said, we must be a very big political power to be more noticed than the others.

Originally posted by TheGeneral

French opposition? lol!  There isn't such a thing!  There is only French nagging.  Nag, nag, nag.  That's all they do.  So what do people with common sense do?  Screw what they say and bomb whoever the hell they think is a threat. 

You could start with Saudi Arabia. How many terrorists from the 11/09 came from there?

But it will be a preemptive strike, probally by the US because everyone else is going to sit and watch the pretty lights fall on Iran.

First the nice green light, then the families crying when the corpses of their children come back to the USA.

thegeneral has a great point... French nagging

you know one of the biggest jokes in my high school is "I know 3 phrases in French: 1. Bonjour=hello, 2. excuse-moi=excuse me, 3. I surrender"

So it's settled; your a kid for high school! I surrender isn't French in case you didn't notice BTW.

Yeah, and what is the first thing they teach French kids in school?  How to say "I surrender" in German.  Come here for some great French jokes: http://www.geocities.com/wallacejohnus/
http://www.fortliberty.org/patriotic-humor/french-jokes.shtm l

American humour at its best. I assume it's still better than Jerry Lewis though.

I doubt Israel will do anything.  I'd liek to see them help with that but they can't take on such a big task by themselves.  And America is not as occupied with Iraq as much as it has been.  Atleast they now have a police force.

Go ahead then .

Eleven thousand soldiers lay beneath the dirt and stone,
all buried on a distant land so far away from home.

In Iraq?

Chirac said every war means loss, perhaps for France that's true,
for they've lost every battle since the days of Waterloo.

Think of Vietnam and Cuba..... and Somalia too.

Without a soldier worth a damn to be found within the region,
the French became the only land to need a Foreign Legion.

The USA have one too, it's called the US army. It's full of Mexican applying for the green card.

You French all say we're arrogant. Well hell, we've earned the right--
We saved your sorry nation when you lacked the guts to fight.

The USA only exist because my ancestors felt sorry for your.

But now you've made a big mistake, and one that you'll regret;
you took sides with our enemies, and that we won't forget.

Now we are scared.

And try to find somebody else to wear your French cologne,
for you're about to find out what it means to stand alone.

Yeah, boycott our product like you actually do. You know, buy our wine to destroy it in front of the white house. That's the best concept of boycott I ever saw.

You see, you need us far more than we ever needed you.
America has better friends who know how to be true.

France is a big foreign investor in the USA. You are not in position to threaten us.

I'd rather stand with warriors who have the will and might,
than huddle in the dark with those whose only flag is white.

Stand with the Arabs then, they are the most courageous warriors in this war.

We'll win this war without you and we'll total up the cost,
and take it from your foreign aid, and then you'll feel the loss.

France doesn't receive any help from the USA anymore. France is a strong foreign investor in the USA. You can't hurt us, the only nations we are in deficit with are mostly asians.

And when your nation starts to fall, well Frenchie,
you can spare us, just call the Germans for a hand, they know the way to Paris.

At least they know where it is. I expect the USA to bomb the Texan Paris thinking it's France.

Don Fichthorn, Major USMC (Retired)

My pleasure, my background is bigger than your.

Edited by Exarchus
Vae victis!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 17:31
touched a nerve didnt i wow
Cassivellaunus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Cassivellaunus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 17:36
You're surprised? I can't really blame Exarchus for his reaction. He was actually more civil than you were.
"Why do you cower in your trenches, men? They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
- Last words of General John Sedgewick
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 17:46
Originally posted by SonoftheUSofA

touched a nerve didnt i wow

You've lost your sense of humour?
Vae victis!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 18:21
SonoftheUSA, I'd back off now!  I just had to blow that off; I had recently seen some anti-German statments and I had to let loose.  Sorry for offending anyone.
Herodotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Herodotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 21:00

So what do people with common sense do? Screw what they say and bomb whoever the hell they think is a threat.

Is it common sense to invade a country based on the assumption that their are WMD's, which do not actually exist? It is common sense to invade a country to fight terrorism, of which there was actually none, and then cause a massive increase in that which you were trying to eliminate? Your right, looking back the French policy of refusing to enter a hopeless quagmire for no benifit is illogical....

Why wouldn't any sane nation sit back? Based on the example of Iraq, an invasion of Iran would only cause an increase in terrorism and smuggling, and a loss of resources and prestige for the invader. What would the purpose be; creating a stable democratic regime: that clearly is more trouble than its worth. Should they go to war to liberate the country? What responsibility do other nations have to free Irans people from tyanny? None.

Have you forgotten that the french are the primary reason why we were able to achieve independance and found this country? More importantly, you must understand that any nation will put its own interests above some hazy commitment to its allies. You have no logical reason to bash the French, so stop doing it. If America continues on its assasine course, the last laugh will be on them.

"Dieu est un comdien jouant une assistance trop effraye de rire."
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Francois Marie Arouet, Voltaire

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 21:21

I have already said I am stopping with the French jokes.  Did you not read?

Of course countries will put their own intersts in front of what their allies want.  But you must admit, we did come to the Frenchs' aid during WWII when we really had more to lose by helping them.  But we did have our reasons to help.

America is on a fine path.  It has not changed from the one that was set hundreds of years ago by our found fathers.  the only differnce is that the publis, culture, and society has changed; for the worst, I must add.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 22:15
I think we should give credit to Thegeneral for admitting that he made a mistake and apologizing. It is true that we helped the French in WWII, but as Exarchus pointed out, the French helped found the U.S.A.

The only error that France made recently was not to back Bush on a war based on wrong intelligence. If anything, the U.S. should offer an official apology to France for passing crude anti-French legislation in Congress.

Well said, Exarchus. I laughed at every one of your one-liners. Thanks for bringing sanity back to this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>