Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If, indeed there was a creation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If, indeed there was a creation?
    Posted: 06-Feb-2014 at 12:44
What!! No Aliens?  Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2014 at 14:56
God was it!Wink
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2014 at 19:42
Can a "Supreme deity" create its self?

Is this a conundrum?

And, indeed a lot of our "experts" focus upon that miraculous event called by someone as "the Big Bang!", theory!

Please focus on the word "theory!" Mathematics is not entirely "Science" since it involves things that are not really understood nor proven.

Even if proven, then one has to formulate the status of the universe before it!!!!!!!!!

Fun huh?

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 06-Feb-2014 at 23:19
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 01:27
Why do not ask nuclear physicists from LHC what was before theBig Bang?That's the point of the story Ron!We put&call God in places&time that are still unknown for us!
NOTE:LHC=Large Hadron Colider
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 01:31
We spoke about it with Alani in "Philosophy cease to exists" topic!
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 06:45
I'm not getting involved in anymore threads/topics/arguments, just wanted to say medenaywe's posts were profound (and unlike the atheist west's).

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 07-Feb-2014 at 06:46
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 20:26
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

I'm not getting involved in anymore threads/topics/arguments, just wanted to say medenaywe's posts were profound (and unlike the atheist west's).

Hold on there!

You're not saying that western cultures are all or predominantly atheist are you?

This discussion questions the age old Creationist Theory, and some of its ramifications. I'm afraid that I have great difficulty deciphering medenaywes posts and so I won't comment on them.

Again, you've not contributed to this discussion, so why the sulky "I'm not getting involved in any more threads/topics/arguments".

I get the impression that English is not your first language, if I'm correct this may explain your fractured sentence structure in other posts. And this is not meant to be rude or an attack on you, merely an observation.

Are you really Australian?

toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 20:43
Originally posted by
medenaywe

]According religion before Christ it has to be 40 days after Eastern.Eternal heaven came to God&Goddess chests as words say it.But you have to choose not to believe in this revisionism.
We call this day Spaso(v)Den today,Toyo!Smile

medenaywe: What I meant was, I don't understand what you mean by the following:-

I presume you meant "Easter", the question to revisionist Ron was when was the date of the Creation.

You answered "According religion before Christ it has to be 40 days after Eastern."
Thus, the date of The Creation could not have been 40 days after Easter!

You added,"Eternal heaven came to God&Goddess chests as words say it. But you have to choose not to believe in this revisionism."
I don't know what you mean by this!

Also "We call this day Spaso(v)Den today,Toyo"
What day, the Creation or Easter?

I understand that English is not your first language, but, as I said, if you're using an Electronic Translator, it doesn't translate accurately, and that could by why your posts are being understood. This is not meant to be rude to you, just an observation.Wink

Perhaps it's time this thread was put to bed!

Edited by toyomotor - 07-Feb-2014 at 20:44
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 21:06
Originally posted by toyomotor

Originally posted by
medenaywe

]According religion before Christ it has to be 40 days after Eastern.Eternal heaven came to God&Goddess chests as words say it.But you have to choose not to believe in this revisionism.
We call this day Spaso(v)Den today,Toyo!Smile

medenaywe: What I meant was, I don't understand what you mean by the following:-

I presume you meant "Easter", the question to revisionist Ron was when was the date of the Creation.

You answered "According religion before Christ it has to be 40 days after Eastern."
Thus, the date of The Creation could not have been 40 days after Easter!

You added,"Eternal heaven came to God&Goddess chests as words say it. But you have to choose not to believe in this revisionism."
I don't know what you mean by this!

Also "We call this day Spaso(v)Den today,Toyo"
What day, the Creation or Easter?

I understand that English is not your first language, but, as I said, if you're using an Electronic Translator, it doesn't translate accurately, and that could by why your posts are being understood. This is not meant to be rude to you, just an observation.Wink

Perhaps it's time this thread was put to bed!

You are kidding right, toyomotor, not heard of ascension then?

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 07-Feb-2014 at 21:07
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 23:29
TADR:
If I was rude, I would say,"You dumb s..t", but I'm not, so I won't.

The Official Roman Catholic version of the Apostles Creed:-
I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting, Amen.

So where do you confused guys arrive at 40 days?

Are you talking about the Temptation of Christ:-
"The temptation of Christ is detailed in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. According to these texts, after being baptized, Jesus fasted for forty days and nights in the Judaean Desert."

You guys are so far off track you'll wear out two pairs of boots getting back.

Now dispute that!!!Disapprove

Edited by toyomotor - 07-Feb-2014 at 23:35
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2014 at 23:38
Ron: Can you believe this ...t?

There are two people on this thread who are trying to out revise you, and they're not even Fomenko Dancers!!Wink

"Is this a conundrum? "...I used to wear them before I was married, but since.Smile

Edited by toyomotor - 07-Feb-2014 at 23:40
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 00:17

TADR:
If I was rude, I would say,"You dumb s..t", but I'm not, so I won't.

The Official Roman Catholic version of the Apostles Creed:-

<dd>I believe in God,
</dd><dd>the Father almighty,
</dd><dd>Creator of heaven and earth,
</dd><dd>and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
</dd><dd>who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
</dd><dd>born of the Virgin Mary,
</dd><dd>suffered under Pontius Pilate,
</dd><dd>was crucified, died and was buried;
</dd><dd>he descended into hell;
</dd><dd>on the third day he rose again from the dead;
</dd><dd>he ascended into heaven,
</dd><dd>and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
</dd><dd>from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
</dd><dd>I believe in the Holy Spirit,
</dd><dd>the holy catholic Church,
</dd><dd>the communion of saints,
</dd><dd>the forgiveness of sins,
</dd><dd>the resurrection of the body,
</dd><dd>and life everlasting, Amen.</dd>

So where do you confused guys arrive at 40 days?

Are you talking about the Temptation of Christ:-
"The temptation of Christ is detailed in the Gospels[/COLOR"> of Matthew[/COLOR">, Mark[/COLOR">, and Luke[/COLOR">. According to these texts, after being baptized[/COLOR">, Jesus[/COLOR"> fasted[/COLOR"> for forty days and nights in the Judaean Desert[/COLOR">."

You guys are so far off track you'll wear out two pairs of boots getting back.

Now dispute that!!!Disapprove

First of all, toyomotor, was it not your ignorance of what my colleague medenaywe had to say that I was so kindly addressing for you, nothing more nothing less, hardly revision. Secondly, it is probably a good thing that you're not rude enough to suggest that I might be a dumb s..t, especially seeing you missed the significance of the forty days being the preparation time leading up to something greater.  

---------------------------------------------------------
Edit: After reading Med's post following this I realize that I had forgotten to say as they have that the celebration of ascension was forty day after due to the belief of that preparation time I talked about.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 08-Feb-2014 at 04:09
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 02:38
Toyo,Jesus resurrection time was conciliated with old religion date of creation!Eastern is 40 days before it.Please do not push your big fitting&armature in front of us insulting us here.Express your
opinion without offpressing of others!Period.(I remind you i glow in green!)

Edited by medenaywe - 08-Feb-2014 at 02:38
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 10:22
As a naturalist and practitioner of observational science,  I don't have a belief in an omnipotent ethereal being.  My belief system is probably closer to that of my Pagan ancestors, on both sides of "the pond", than any of the Abrahamic constructions.

I was raised in a home that was not unusual for the time immediately following WWII.  My fathers Christian Catholic indoctrination had, in his own words, "been shot away" by what he had seen and experienced. 
Science and independent thought ruled our home.  Religion was, and is, viewed as a political construct of man. 
If in fact there is a sentient creative force responsible for the existence of the universe, it's far removed from us and certainly not concerned with, or even aware of, our individual lives.

That being said, I do not question or interfere with anyone's beliefs, if it works for you, great.  However, this thread is a good example of the Hoopla that can arise from the differences in religious thought.  And the reason I seldom allow myself to become involved.

I think it would be productive if everyone here stepped back and took a couple of deep breaths.Smile 

Edited by red clay - 08-Feb-2014 at 10:27
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 11:44

Hold on there!

You're not saying that western cultures are all or predominantly atheist are you?

This discussion questions the age old Creationist Theory, and some of its ramifications. I'm afraid that I have great difficulty deciphering medenaywes posts and so I won't comment on them.

Again, you've not contributed to this discussion, so why the sulky "I'm not getting involved in any more threads/topics/arguments".

I get the impression that English is not your first language, if I'm correct this may explain your fractured sentence structure in other posts. And this is not meant to be rude or an attack on you, merely an observation.

Are you really Australian?

Sorry for off topic but have to answer untrue/unfair Tm comments about me.
look Toyomotor please just leave off me/my back alright. I was not sulky, it is because i don't have the situation & condition, and i have better things i need to be doing, and because i am tired (not sulky) of clashing with you and some others on all the various forums/lists: It is pointless waste of what little "life" i have. I couldn't even post that short without you making an essay out of it (no offense to you). Saying "again not contributed" as if i didn't contribute some time/s before elsewhere (and as if i am wrong to post what i did here because "not a contribution". I thought since people in life complain that people are always negative (and also since people don't know what we think if we don't say) i thought i would just post the compliment (that i thought) to medenaywe), unless by "again" you meant as in you were saying it again in the same post. No one is perfect okay, i don't have great english but i have other good qualities; you aren't perfect either. Ironically this thread is about God/creation, and without God/creation we have divisions/war/dualism etc (racism, sexism, languages confusion, my fractured sentences, etc) like Tower of Babel. People should just focus on discussing the actual details/evidences rather than the personal/attack -like/-angle "observations" etc. If you don't understand something we write then just ask about that like you did medenaywe, rather than diagnosing/labeling us as bad. Please be more careful about calling people things like confused, off track, etc. Its great to be enthusiastic/young but try to keep it to details/points not persons.
Being rude includes saying semi/un/true things on a Public forum about me (whose real name is in my profile) that i don't like being said. Leave-off the psychology, and "English structure" accusations. I don't see people complaining about Yoda anyway. People seem to understand me half the time when it suits them then oddly claim they can't the rest of the time.
I think i already said that i am in NZ but prefer to say Australia for reasons (but i really British in heart/ancestry/shfiting-wish though).
I also think i already said that I have apsergers & ocd in explanation of my poor English (plus my education was messed up due to foster placements etc, and i also still have a hell situation and hardly any social life so my language is not being sharpened by daily contact with other people).
Yes the mainstream modern western world is predominantly atheist/evolutionist as far as I see.
Now i have wasted/lost another whole night replying (and will loose more if i have to reply to certain feared replies. That is why i said i didn't want to comment and get involved in this or any more posts.)

Since I have got involved against my wishes i'll post my unposted comments:
There is plenty of evidence of God and creation (and also of "aliens"/angels/"gods"/"amphibians" too), and of a devil, and that we are all fallen beings.
They do say (as BaalMelqart said) that in image of God means attributes/character. God created both male & female in his image. Often the holy spirit is seen as having feminine-like attributes? All races came from one. All "gods/goddesses" came from one.
God is perfect/best, all good things: make a list of all (truly) good things: love, life, truth, hope help health wisdom science justice free victory virtue fun astronomy, gsoh, peace, family, art, beauty, man, woman, happy, "evolution", etc.
Without God is all bad things: massmurder/genocide, racism, sexism, hate, dualism, sin, vain, arrogant, anger, sad, sick, pc, religionism, evil vices reject war destroy death lust unclean devolution dysgenics, etc.
(though it is not meant as duaistic.)
If we have emotions (love, anger, etc) so does God. Sometimes when it has rained it has been like God crying with me, and when it has thundered like God is angry with (like) me.
Man tries to create gods in our image.
Image of God is Jesus?
For some of us God is our only hope, as as far as my experience goes there is no hope in the world/humanity/science/mammon/self.

"and ... the West no longer believes in the nobility of the origins but in the notion that civilisation arises out of barbarism, religion from superstition, man from animal (Darwin), thought from matter, and every spiritual form from the 'sublimation' or transposition of the stuff that originates the instinct, libido, complexes....(Freud. Jung)..."
&
"The true and essential origin of man is to be found elsewhere, in superior races who, already in prehistoric ages, possessed a civilisation of limited material development but of notable extremely elevated spiritual content, so much so as to be symbolically designated remembrances of all peoples, as 'divine races', as races of 'god-like men."
(- Julius Evola, revolt against the modern world).

"The Origin of the Species [Evolution] is at the root of man's present attitude to himself and the universe: no one book since the Summa of Thomas Aquinas has made a comparable impact." (- JW Burrow/Penguin/Pelican classics.)

"Methinks, O king, the life of man is as a sparrow's flight through your lighted hall, with its warm fire on the hearth, but the icy rain outside. The bird flies in at one door, tarries for a minute in the light and warmth, then flying forth at the other, vainishes into the wintry darkness. So is the life of man in our sight. We know not what is before it nor after it. If this new teaching tells us anything, let us follow it."
- A white-headed old noble to Edwin of Northumbria at/before/in the witan.

"As above so below".
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 15:57
Are we commenting our belives or Bible's creation act!Even if i grow up in church yard,was an oltar boy on Eastern cause priest's son was my best friend,I am a free mind thinker with scientific approach.What is subject of this topic?Our beleives or Bible's creation explanation?!?
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 17:48
This is a prime example of why I'm an agnostic. You people cannot even agree within your own religion.

Religion is a belief system.  It is not fact.  Please keep that uppermost in your minds while arguing about who "created" what, where, when and why.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 18:06
For Toyo's eyes only:
Spaso Den=Existing-Presentable sky-heaven is in-housed by Divine Mother.
Existing-Present sky-heaven in-houses Divine Mother.
This is sky-heaven on Goddess chests:
God is axiom!On creation day Zodiac signs(Sky) were in-housed on Her chests&vise versa.Period.

Edited by medenaywe - 12-Feb-2014 at 15:11
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 18:23
This day is always 40 days after Eastern.I beleive Eastern was conciliated with old religion creation day.After God had been born&resurrected,creation followed it.

Edited by medenaywe - 09-Feb-2014 at 07:26
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 06:35
Originally posted by Mountain Man

This is a prime example of why I'm an agnostic. You people cannot even agree within your own religion.

Religion is a belief system.  It is not fact.  Please keep that uppermost in your minds while arguing about who "created" what, where, when and why.
MM, not my religion.

I know that I said I was opting out of this discussion, but one parting question for my protagonists.
First, a quotation:-
"And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, ... ".

This was after he slew his brother Abel. And while in the Land of Nod, Cain, "took for himself a wife".

Whoa there!!

Adam and Eve = the first human beings on earth, created by God.
Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel.

Soooooooooo, when Cain went into the Land of Nod and took for himself a wife, she had to have been other than human, n'estce pas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>