Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If, indeed there was a creation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If, indeed there was a creation?
    Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 10:31
Originally posted by toyomotor

Originally posted by Mountain Man

This is a prime example of why I'm an agnostic. You people cannot even agree within your own religion.

Religion is a belief system.  It is not fact.  Please keep that uppermost in your minds while arguing about who "created" what, where, when and why.
MM, not my religion.

I know that I said I was opting out of this discussion, but one parting question for my protagonists.
First, a quotation:-
"And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, ... ".

This was after he slew his brother Abel. And while in the Land of Nod, Cain, "took for himself a wife".

Whoa there!!

Adam and Eve = the first human beings on earth, created by God.
Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel.

Soooooooooo, when Cain went into the Land of Nod and took for himself a wife, she had to have been other than human, n'estce pas?

Ah ha!! Aliens!!! WinkBig smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 14:04
there are possible answers to Cains wife:
if Adam & Eve were only humans then : humans didn't have gene/inbreeding problems then so he married a sister (some versions reckon there was a dispute that he wanted to marry his own twins sister not his brothers twin sister). Various cultures like Egyptians had (half) brother-sister marriage.
otherwise there is possibility they weren't the only humans. some say there was 2 creations on 6th & 8th day. some say "Adam" is not a single man but people. Some myths like sumerian have Adam/Adapa as leader of men.
Abel's "blood" is plural implying potential descendents (so they must have had potential wives).

People disagree in all religions or politics or philosophy or history etc, anyway it is outsiders disputing it not insiders.

sorry medenaywe i didn't understand the topics/threads meaning from the title or from all the posts, i just commented on what thoughts/ideas came to mind from various peoples posts.
Is goddess D(a)ena possibly related to Diana?
Medenaywe's posts are very interesting.

mountainman: it is not quite right to say it is just a belief not fact. Some of believe what we do because of evidences from history & science & experience etc. Evolution/etc is also a belief/religion not just "facts"
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 15:48
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

there are possible answers to Cains wife:
if Adam & Eve were only humans then : humans didn't have gene/inbreeding problems then so he married a sister (some versions reckon there was a dispute that he wanted to marry his own twins sister not his brothers twin sister). Various cultures like Egyptians had (half) brother-sister marriage.
otherwise there is possibility they weren't the only humans. some say there was 2 creations on 6th & 8th day. some say "Adam" is not a single man but people. Some myths like sumerian have Adam/Adapa as leader of men.
Abel's "blood" is plural implying potential descendents (so they must have had potential wives).

People disagree in all religions or politics or philosophy or history etc, anyway it is outsiders disputing it not insiders.

sorry medenaywe i didn't understand the topics/threads meaning from the title or from all the posts, i just commented on what thoughts/ideas came to mind from various peoples posts.
Is goddess D(a)ena possibly related to Diana?
Medenaywe's posts are very interesting.

mountainman: it is not quite right to say it is just a belief not fact. Some of believe what we do because of evidences from history & science & experience etc. Evolution/etc is also a belief/religion not just "facts"

so you think that humans are the result of a permanent incest in the first generations?
And there were other creations? Why weren't they mentioned?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 16:16
I am waiting!Why!"Vampires" are mentioned inside Bible but for humans there was no ink!Smile
NOTE:Official Goddess is Artemide.It is one of many presentations and names of Great Mother!
It depends what are your expectation from Goddess&vise versa:Diana-Artemide-Isis...they are the same.
Human-Sacrificial brat is predicted by tranquil-peaceful Deity!
Human-Sacrificial brat predicts tranquil-peaceful Deity!=Artemide
DiANa=Diana=Pleased-Satisfactory victim-human being is proposed-offered by Diana.
Pleased-Satisfactory victim-human being proposes-offers Diana.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 19:09
Red Clay:

Ah ha!! Aliens!!! WinkBig smile

Can't be ruled out!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123