Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If, indeed there was a creation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If, indeed there was a creation?
    Posted: 14-Dec-2013 at 00:27
If, indeed there exists a creation God, that is "I am", or I created in my own "image", a Man or Woman, then God rested. Then just what did this creation or he/she look like? Just what skin color is the "Creator?"

Go! at once, guys and gals, bounce this one around?

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 14-Dec-2013 at 00:30
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2013 at 08:40
If a god created us in his own image, then this would mean, that these god would look like us. hard to believe. If a god who created a universe would create humans in his own image, we would hardly look like we look.I am an atheist, widely. Maybe one could call me pantheist, cos this would be in my eyes the only logical idea of a god. But then such a god would be everything, would be power and energy, all materia. Such god would have no skin or hair or eye colour, would have no gender. Such god would perhaps then as well feel no love, no hate, no happiness, no sorrow, but would be as well, love and hate, happiness and sorrow. Such god would not be a creator, but would be evolution. Such god would be first of all just being.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2013 at 10:50
He or she must have had a very sick sense of humor.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2013 at 15:02

I don't believe in God but to fairly answer your question, one must read the text within its context, both religious and cultural. It is my belief that the text you are referring to is meant to be understood metaphorically. Man is created in the image of God, therefore shares in God's image in the form of attributes. God is ultimately wise, loving, just, intelligent, creative, powerful...etc. Similarly, man also has those attributes "in the image of God" but to a much lesser extent.

I have never heard any Jewish or Christian scholar posit the idea that man was literally created in the physical image of God.

Timidi mater non flet
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2013 at 15:58
How about; GOD, the Most High Spirit, with the ultimate EGO, who can manifest a form/body if necessary ?

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 17-Dec-2013 at 16:01
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2013 at 11:37
Originally posted by opuslola

How about; GOD, the Most High Spirit, with the ultimate EGO, who can manifest a form/body if necessary ?

Ron

Well that's exactly my point. Apparitions and manifestations are thought of in Christianity and Judaism as being merely an optical tool which allows for an individual to make contact with God. This wouldn't make God physical as far as I understand...

Timidi mater non flet
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 01:55
Originally posted by red clay

He or she must have had a very sick sense of humor.
As someone once said, "God is black, isn't she?"
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 01:59

Ron
But in the song, "The Devil went down to Georgia" and that's only a good spit away from Mississippi, aint it?
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 02:01

If, indeed there exists a creation God, that is "I am", or I created in my own "image", a Man or Woman, then God rested. Then just what did this creation or he/she look like? Just what skin color is the "Creator?"

Go! at once, guys and gals, bounce this one around?

Ron
Ron, if God created the earth and sky, when was that please, the date I mean?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 02:13
According religion before Christ it has to be 40 days after Eastern.Eternal heaven came to God&Goddess chests as words say it.But you have to choose not to believe in this revisionism.
We call this day Spaso(v)Den today,Toyo!Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 05-Feb-2014 at 04:32
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 04:13
medenaywe:  According religion before Christ it has to be 40 days after Eastern.

AY??? That can't be right.

Ron, help!!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 04:14
Why,First is the God than Creation!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 04:20
Creation did not create God.God is axiom!They did not ask about it.God started the creation and  creates  all around them including them,divine genuine-original.

Edited by medenaywe - 05-Feb-2014 at 04:28
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 06:13
Originally posted by medenaywe

Why,First is the God than Creation!
I think the translation into English has missed something. If you're using an electronic translator, it's pretty useless, because your posts don't make sense.

Sorry about that chief!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 07:35
First was God than creation comes!Sorry about your logic Toyo! 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 07:43
God=timeless creation&creativity!
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 11:42
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

I don't believe in God but to fairly answer your question, one must read the text within its context, both religious and cultural. It is my belief that the text you are referring to is meant to be understood metaphorically. Man is created in the image of God, therefore shares in God's image in the form of attributes. God is ultimately wise, loving, just, intelligent, creative, powerful...etc. Similarly, man also has those attributes "in the image of God" but to a much lesser extent.

I have never heard any Jewish or Christian scholar posit the idea that man was literally created in the physical image of God.

I'm agnostic, so I do not believe in invisible deities and things like Creationism.  The world is what it is, period.  And we are what we are, nothing special, just a self-destructive, arrogant and vain species passing through, soon to be gone and long forgotten.

Which "god" are you talking about?  The Old Testament god was a genocidal mass murderer, but he was the original Christian "god".  The New Testament god was a politically correct re-written image created so that he would sell better.

Man has never been "created in the image of "God".  We are too imperfect mentally and physically to be any such thing.  It's another gimmick of religion used because humans cannot relate to "gods", so we were given the concept that we are "his children, created in his image".  Religion is about controlling large groups of people, not about worshipping invisible super beings.  That's why the concepts of Heaven and Hell were invented - it's the age old carrot-and-the-stick routine.

Unfortunately, the Christian god is the newest kid on the cosmic block and cannot lay claim to anything.  Everything, including creation, was done earlier by a pantheon of gods and goddesses from every other culture that ever existed, all of whom undoubtedly "created Man in their image", too.  After all, if you believe in one invisible deity, you have to believe in all of them.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 13:33
Originally posted by Mountain Man

I'm agnostic, so I do not believe in invisible deities and things like Creationism.  The world is what it is, period.  And we are what we are, nothing special, just a self-destructive, arrogant and vain species passing through, soon to be gone and long forgotten.

Which "god" are you talking about?  The Old Testament god was a genocidal mass murderer, but he was the original Christian "god".  The New Testament god was a politically correct re-written image created so that he would sell better.

Man has never been "created in the image of "God".  We are too imperfect mentally and physically to be any such thing.  It's another gimmick of religion used because humans cannot relate to "gods", so we were given the concept that we are "his children, created in his image".  Religion is about controlling large groups of people, not about worshipping invisible super beings.  That's why the concepts of Heaven and Hell were invented - it's the age old carrot-and-the-stick routine.

Unfortunately, the Christian god is the newest kid on the cosmic block and cannot lay claim to anything.  Everything, including creation, was done earlier by a pantheon of gods and goddesses from every other culture that ever existed, all of whom undoubtedly "created Man in their image", too.  After all, if you believe in one invisible deity, you have to believe in all of them.

my full support.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 17:51
Empress Helena knew exactly what she was doing.  She could be seen as the first spin doctor, As most of the "repackaging", was done under her guidance.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2014 at 19:38
Originally posted by beorna

Originally posted by Mountain Man

my full support.
Me too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>