Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Snow!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow!!
    Posted: 29-Nov-2013 at 11:04
Okay, now I know what you were asking.  No, there isn't anything regular about storms at this time of year.
Actually, it's only been in the last 5-6 years that you could expect this time of year to be cold.  I managed garden centers for years.  Here, that bus. also sells Christmas trees, natural garlands and greens, etc. I would always rent a refrig. truck to store them, as it was always too warm to keep them out, and you would end up with a bunch of dead stuff.
Certainly there were exceptions.  Thanksgiving 1990, I had to get my butt out of bed and go plow 4-6 inches of snow.  But that was unusual. [profitable, but unusualBig smile]

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 09:20
Now, I am waiting for the first snow of this winter

Weather forecast from Tomorrow to next Thursday

8 Aralık, Pazar
9 Aralık, Pazartesi
10 Aralık, Salı
11 Aralık, Çarşamba
12 Aralık, Perşembe

Edited by Ollios - 07-Dec-2013 at 09:20
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 16:38
Finally snowed here, too, along with sub-zero temps.

A minor inconvenience that will soon pass. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 18:08
We've just got to love that "Global Warming!" LOL

Ron

By the way, just what was the level of Sea Ice in the Artic Circle in the past year? Are the Polar Bears still treading water?

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Kirsten View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Kirsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 18:17
You have snow? 
It's not even freezing in the Netherlands yet, which makes me glad because when the streets get slippery I will be in trouble because I go everywhere by bike.

And even if it snows it won't be much. Seasons here are always a mild version of the stereo-type.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 18:36
Have a safe and blessed Khristmas, Kirsten! (spelling deliberate)

Regards, Ron (a very old man!)
Kirsten View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Kirsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 19:20
Van hetzelfde Ron! (Yes, that is Dutch)

Props for the pun.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kirsten (not a very old man) (the opposite actually)
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2013 at 11:54
It's snowing now here in Jersey.  Just a "dusting".  It's supposed to turn over to rain by 4P.  It shouldn't effect the Eagles-Lions game much.  Both teams are used to playing in the cold.

I just kicked the fire some and brought in some more wood, so it can do what it wants, I"m good.Wink
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2013 at 15:58
Attack Eagles!Smile
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2013 at 16:26
Originally posted by red clay

It's snowing now here in Jersey.  Just a "dusting".  It's supposed to turn over to rain by 4P.  It shouldn't effect the Eagles-Lions game much.  Both teams are used to playing in the cold.

I just kicked the fire some and brought in some more wood, so it can do what it wants, I"m good.Wink

And the game was basically played in a blizzard. LOL

Ron
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2013 at 16:32
It's a beautiful beginning of a wonderful friendship:LOL

Edited by medenaywe - 08-Dec-2013 at 16:33
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2013 at 17:05
Originally posted by opuslola

Originally posted by red clay

And the game was basically played in a blizzard. LOL

Ron

I have never seen a football game played in 8" of snow, I have now.  It was snowing so hard you couldn't read the numbers on the Jerseys for most of the 1st quarter.  The Eagles won, that's good.  What's bad is, our dusting turned into about 6 inches.

Unknown.
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2013 at 19:00
Originally posted by Kirsten

You have snow? 
It's not even freezing in the Netherlands yet, which makes me glad because when the streets get slippery I will be in trouble because I go everywhere by bike.

And even if it snows it won't be much. Seasons here are always a mild version of the stereo-type.

De vorige NL winter was anders aardig wit. Welkom op AE Big smile

( The last Dutch winterseason was pretty white, though )

Star
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 04:10
w0o0oo0w it's seams turkish snow are coming to my home town :D
yomud are free people
Kirsten View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Kirsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 06:27
Dankjewel Sander!

Vond je? Ik vond het tegenvallen haha.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 10:23
MORE SNOW!

Most of the snow that fell sunday melted off yesterday.  However, it's snowing again and accums of 4-6" are forcast.  Another storm is expected for sat.

This much snow before January is very unusual.

Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 14:01
Originally posted by yomud

w0o0oo0w it's seams turkish snow are coming to my home town :D

Turkish snow LOL we call it Balkan snow in here Big smile

Today finally I saw the Snow, but it was just felling. There is nowhere now
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 15:08
no snow only snow white!
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 15:32
I have to take back my words, I have just hit my little brother with a snowball which I made it from snow near the window    Big smile

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2014 at 11:13
Last weekend we had 10 inches of snow.  Monday the Arctic Vortex moved in and we had temps around 4F with wind chills at -15F.  The temp difference from sunday to monday am was 61F.

The big problem has been the ice on the rivers.  The CG had to bring in an ice breaker to break up the Ice Dams just south of Trenton.  Above Trenton the Army Corp of Engineers were using explosives to break them up.

Right now we are getting freezing rain.  Everything is glazed over.  Many main roads are closed.

This is some of the whackiest weather I have ever seen for this area.  The Highway Depts have used more salt so far than in both of the past 2 years, and winter isn't over.

Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>