Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Snow!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow!!
    Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 08:39
It's snowing to beat the band here.  It's been going on now for over an hour.  It's only sticking to things like the patio chairs.
Also the leaves still on the trees.  That could be a problem if it keeps up.  The leaves have turned, but haven't dropped yet.

Realize first that I mowed the lawn 2 days ago.  This mess was unexpected, and very unseasonal. Usually we don't get anything like this for another month.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 13:29

That's strange. I live in the south of England and we still haven't seen any snow. Where exactly do you live in the US?

Timidi mater non flet
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 14:45
I live in West Central New Jersey.  About 25 miles from Phila.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 16:29

While you are struggling with snow, we are enjoying with the last flowers of the year in Istanbul
(my balcony)
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 17:35
It's sunny and 61 F outside, here at 7,000 feet up in the Colorado Rockies!  Big smile

Must be a New Jersey thing.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 20:40
Well, joisey is known for all sorts of strange things.  This am at about 0500, it was 51 F.  By 10, it was 37F, with a real feel of 28.  Yest. it was 59F.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 20:44
Dahlias, Ollios I'm envious.  I cut ours back and lifted the tubers 2 weeks ago.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2013 at 09:21
Well, the snow only lasted for about an hour.  However, this am the temp when I got up was 22F.  Had to put the coat on the collie when I let her out.  Considering that 3 days ago I was still picking veggies from the garden, that's quite a shift.  I was hoping for a more gradual seasonal change.

Unknown.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2013 at 10:33
60 and sunny here today.  It's great to live in the mountains!  LOL
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2013 at 18:10
Originally posted by red clay

This mess was unexpected,

why you call snow as mess Big smile? if i were you i would make one of these snowmen

LOL

yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2013 at 14:00
Originally posted by yomud

why you call snow as mess Big smile? if i were you i would make one of these snowmen

LOL

İs it from Doctor Who? It could be nice in Halloween

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2013 at 15:25
Snow or Snowden came back in USA?Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 15-Nov-2013 at 15:25
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2013 at 16:09
Probably...I was terribly snowed in, lost net and the power stopped 3 times last night. I live in a snow belt, so...like 5 trees broke down with wet snow and hit the power line. The power workers said they had 44 more alerts...in 3 am!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2013 at 17:00
It smells like snow also here this night!Who does it knows?!?
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2013 at 17:20
Originally posted by Ollios

Originally posted by yomud

LOL

İs it from Doctor Who? It could be nice in Halloween

if im going to be honest i just type scary snowman in google and search for image and pick the funny oneBig smile
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2013 at 23:27
Is this a regular snow/cold wave which comes nearly same times in every year? and is the name of this snow wave Turkey? (Turkey(bird) because it comes nearly Thanksgiving)

Edited by Ollios - 27-Nov-2013 at 23:27
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2013 at 00:07
Big smileDon't know if they named this storm.  They started naming "winter" storms 2 years ago.  What we call a storm like this here is a "Nor' Easter".  They have a large area of circulation which sucks down the Arctic air. Sandy, the storm that hit us here last year was actually a North Easter.  One on steroids, but still a N Easter.  They sometimes call that a "Canadian Clipper" as well.  However, if your in the exterior maintenance bus., it's called a pain in the a**. Big smile Try rounding up a decent snow crew TG Morning.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2013 at 00:43
A Storm Update.  This isn't fun.  We are having wind gusts to 60-70 mph.  I just stepped outside and could hear trees snapping.
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2013 at 08:41
In the daylight it isn't as bad as it sounded last night.  Some branches down, but no major damage I can see.

The wind has settled down enough to allow the Balloons to be used at the Macy's Parade.

"God rest ye merry merchants may you make the Yuletide pay".

Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2013 at 18:27

Big smileDon't know if they named this storm.  They started naming "winter" storms 2 years ago.  What we call a storm like this here is a "Nor' Easter".  They have a large area of circulation which sucks down the Arctic air. Sandy, the storm that hit us here last year was actually a North Easter.  One on steroids, but still a N Easter.  They sometimes call that a "Canadian Clipper" as well.  However, if your in the exterior maintenance bus., it's called a pain in the a**. Big smile Try rounding up a decent snow crew TG Morning.

It is not like hurricanes, for example we have swallow storm just because same week with swallow migration or indian summer(we call it differently), it is regular.

BTW his Istanbul was cold today too but not snowy
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>