Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cinema Awards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cinema Awards
    Posted: 29-Oct-2013 at 06:34
What is the most important cinema award in your country?

I just remember Golden Bear in Germany and Golden Lion in Italy so what else? and please tell me why this award (example Golden Bear why bear?) and a photo

Turkey
Golden Orange-In Antalya

Antalya like Jaffa in Israel, it is  in middle zone of Mediterrenean so like Sicily and Israel. It is the best place for all citrus type plant  Big smile That's why orange is so common in this region

The award statue is a lady who holds an orange.
http://img6.mynet.com/yurthaber3/2013/week-39/antalya/50-bin-altin-portakal-heykeli-satisa-sunuldu-vdb.jpg

Edited by Ollios - 29-Oct-2013 at 06:37
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2013 at 09:24
In the US it's the Academy Awards, also known as "The Oscars"

Edited by red clay - 29-Oct-2013 at 09:29
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2013 at 11:08
Originally posted by red clay

In the US it's the Academy Awards, also known as "The Oscars"

I have never noticed before that he is holding a sword, but why?
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2013 at 22:17
Well, he is depicted as nude,Big smile so it might be for "modesty's sake". Other than that, ya got me.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2013 at 22:29

Well, he is depicted as nude,Big smile so it might be for "modesty's sake". Other than that, ya got me.
The Oscar is but one of the awards, and is the academy award of merit. It depicts a knight rendered in art deco style holding a crusader sword, standing on a reel of film with five spokes. The five spokes represents the original branches of the academy : actors, writers, directors, producers, and technicians.

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2013 at 13:54
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

The Oscar is but one of the awards, and is the academy award of merit. It depicts a knight rendered in art deco style holding a crusader sword, standing on a reel of film with five spokes. The five spokes represents the original branches of the academy : actors, writers, directors, producers, and technicians.

Knight ??? The body of statue is not like a knight Big smile
Is there any meaning of this position between knights?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Golden Lion in Italy
T0he ceremony is in Venice and Golden Lion comes from Venice Republic
http://static.euronews.com/images_old/10/W300px_jon-woo-lifetime-achieving-award-mostra-venice.jpg

File:Flag of Most Serene Republic of Venice.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Venice
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2013 at 23:49
I actually never paid much attention to the statues themselves.  The movies they honored were much more interesting.

The first Oscar for Best Picture, went to the Movie "Wings" 1927.  It's still available on tape and by now CD.  If you want a realistic idea of what air combat was like in WWI, this is it.  No computer generation, no camera tricks.  The dogfights were filmed naked, no stand ins, no tricks.  The crashes were real.  If a plane caught fire and crashed unexpectedly, they just kept the cameras rolling like it was part of the script.  3 pilots and 2 stunt men died in the filming.

BTW- They were flying real Spads, Sopwiths and Fokkers, not studio mock ups.  It's a butt burner, 2.5 hours long, but it's worth every minute.

Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2013 at 23:54
predecesor of reality show.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2013 at 13:11

I actually never paid much attention to the statues themselves.  The movies they honored were much more interesting.

The first Oscar for Best Picture, went to the Movie "Wings" 1927.  It's still available on tape and by now CD.  If you want a realistic idea of what air combat was like in WWI, this is it.  No computer generation, no camera tricks.  The dogfights were filmed naked, no stand ins, no tricks.  The crashes were real.  If a plane caught fire and crashed unexpectedly, they just kept the cameras rolling like it was part of the script.  3 pilots and 2 stunt men died in the filming.

BTW- They were flying real Spads, Sopwiths and Fokkers, not studio mock ups.  It's a butt burner, 2.5 hours long, but it's worth every minute.

Made by Howard Hughes, and remade before release to incorporate the new sound technology.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2013 at 13:35
Golden Bear in Germany
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Golden_Bear_size_1.jpg
It looks so cute, like a teddy bear. As Venice-Golden Lion, it is related with Berlin.

Golden Palm in France
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-KR001378.jpg?size=67&uid=75592648-9fff-4dc9-bd18-2e1bed7bf0e3
It comes from coat arm of city Cannes
 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Blason_Canne.png
The city is located on Mediterreanean so view of Palm trees is common in there

Edited by Ollios - 05-Nov-2013 at 13:37
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 02:29
simorgh e blurin or Crystal Simorgh is iranian cinema award

Edited by yomud - 07-Nov-2013 at 02:31
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 13:55
Originally posted by yomud

simorgh e blurin or Crystal Simorgh is iranian cinema award

Thanks, I reached my aim and get some new information from you. How sad that we are neighbour countries but I don't know it. Cry 

I can understand why Simorgh but, I was waiting something golden LOL
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2013 at 18:23
Originally posted by ollios

]Thanks, I reached my aim and get some new information from you
   i'm glad for i could be useful

]How sad that we are neighbour countries but I don't know it
ok :D i have done my part now tell was about turkish cinema turkish movies and tv series are very popular here
people buying 2 satellite receiver  1 for persian channel 1 for turkish one i can say iranian learning turkish from your tv series now tell me about awards :D oh i just almost forget pelin karahan is my favorite actress in turkish cinema Wink she is so hot when she playing as sultan sulyman's daughter LOL

]I was waiting something golden
that cuze iranian gov don't pay attention to cinema we have only 6 channel in iran  Shocked
yomud are free people
 Post Reply Post Reply