Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1953 Iranian coup d'état

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1953 Iranian coup d'état
    Posted: 21-Aug-2013 at 08:37
we remember it as 28 mordad coup but also known as TPAJAX Project it was coup lead by  and backed by usa and uk to overthrow  democratically elected government of Iran and replace it with shah's military government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

shaban jafari also known as shaban Brainless

Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh hero of iran the men who nationalised  Iranian oil industry

shah's order

cia's order

in the middle of the cold war usa fears iran will fall to communist but uk see its own interests in danger and they act

Mosaddegh in imperial court in 1955 Tehran Shouted " I am the legal Prime Minister of Iran "

As soon as the coup succeeded, many of Mosaddegh's former associates and supporters were tried, imprisoned, and tortured. Some were sentenced to death and executed.[62] The minister of foreign affairs and the closest associate of Mosaddegh, Hossein Fatemi, was executed by order of the Shah's military court. The order was carried out by firing squad on October 29, 1953

Shortly after the Shah's return, Mosaddegh was tried for treason by the Shah's military court. On 19 December 1953, defending himself against the treason charge, he said:

Yes, my sin — my greater sin and even my greatest sin is that I nationalized Iran's oil industry and discarded the system of political and economic exploitation by the world's greatest empire. This at the cost to myself, my family; and at the risk of losing my life, my honor and my property. With God's blessing and the will of the people, I fought this savage and dreadful system of international espionage and colonialism .... I am well aware that my fate must serve as an example in the future throughout the Middle East in breaking the chains of slavery and servitude to colonial interests

he was sentenced to three years' solitary confinement in a military prison He was kept under house arrest at his Ahmadabad residence, until his death on 5 March 1967

may he rest in pace

yomud are free people
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2013 at 14:27
Made eminent sense to both. And to the Shah. Shame is, it didn't last...even with Savak's brutality and stupidity. The Shah and his stupidity; was no threat to the democratic minded in the west.....Look at what ya got now.

Hell truth was... he was carrying on the finest traditions of any Persian or Arabic despot...get rid of your oppo.

So if ya expect tears about the coup...nah... again...look at what ya got now.

My numerous Persian friends and I do me numerous.... who lived in that era and the current....And to a man, expat and those still there, want the Shah back.

So much for fundo, wacko Islamic Shia, in this case, religious tyrannical despots.

So say they...so say I.

Your nation is still losing.

And mine still remains stupid for not helping ya get rid of the idiots.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 21-Aug-2013 at 14:28
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2013 at 13:47
I doubt the American habit of picking and then backing losers is anything to take pride in.

The real reason we backed the Shah was a CIA monitoring operation known as TRACKMASTER.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2013 at 14:13
Hindsight in totality is a useless expenditure of time. The real answer is get better and avoid mistakes which lead to non catastrophic consequence.

The UK and the Americans and the Iranians involved had their motivations...doesn't matter what....hence Mosaddegh, as well educated and as much as enlightened early secularist as he might be defined or revered (and that's debateable) was focked.

His policy's were a non starter for the contextual events. No tears.

Personally the only reason he remains popular, in my mind, is that the current pop there, are sick of the religious theocrats. And are calling up debatable alleged democratic minded ghosts of the past as a form of self induced psycho salving of current distress and bitterness.

Were he alive today he would continue to be ignored if not ostracized by the fanatic wacks in Tehran. As it remains conveniently forgotten that the Shia clergy themselves withdraw their support, thereby aiding and abetting the actual Coup. Why? self interest.

No tears for those who revere this naïve and impractical individual.

As I have noted often practicality trumps....whether likeable or not.

He should have stuck with the Brits and Americans but he jumped to soon.

S. T. Friedman

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2013 at 12:15
Only by the use of hindsight can we avoid the mistakes we made in the past.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2013 at 20:16
''.....in totality''.

S. T. Friedman

Shadow View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 15:07
I don't want Shah back,he was stupid,too stupid and selfish to remain in order. At least these guys know how to steal and still remain in order.
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood". Otto Von Bismarck(believe it!)
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 22:01

A quote from Great Grandfather Clay, "I'd rather a smart crook, than a stupid honest man".  And he owned a few of the first type.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
washere View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote washere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2014 at 22:44
The whole current mess started with the stupid 1953 coup. Many great countries were lost as a result.

Edited by washere - 09-Oct-2014 at 17:13
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2014 at 17:31
Blame Fadayan-e Islam..terrorists.

their the ones who shot down Haj-Ali Razmara. who correctly pointed out full nationalization of petro's was not consummate with Iranian interests. not did they have the tech capability to run the industry itself as he also noted. to whit they would have had to contract another agency.

50/50 was not yet viable with AIOC if for no other reason that that. Unless said contract agency was AIOC.

The rest predictably was a domino effect.

as noted earlier the better long term deal was with the Americans/Brits...failure to do it by Mosaddegh, got the tyranny of a police state viz the Shah directly.

as noted: ''Personally the only reason he remains popular, in my mind, is that the current pop there, are sick of the religious theocrats. And are calling up debatable alleged democratic minded ghosts of the past as a form of self induced psycho salving of current distress and bitterness.''

but I would also add they must like them to a degree..their still in power.

S. T. Friedman

washere View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote washere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2014 at 13:31

Razm-ara said without the Brits the oil refineries and export infrastructure would cease immediately. He said Iranians are backward ppl. Shah agreed with him publicly and privately told the British if they give any oil rights to Iranians then Mossadegh would be unstoppable.

Mossadegh proved all these petty traitors wrong. After the Brits left to the surprise of the whole world, Iranians kept the oil refineries and export infrastructure running.

Mossadegh faced a sea of lackeys.

Edited by washere - 29-Oct-2014 at 14:45
Drang nach Osten View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Drang nach Osten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2015 at 04:54
I think the US should had not to overthrow Mosaddegh. He was a secular democrat.
There is nowhere to retreat - Moscow is ahead of us!
 Post Reply Post Reply