Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A new Prince

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new Prince
    Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 20:43
Well I offer them my congrats. I wish them and the tyke well and the hoopla to include the American version remained predictable viz the ongoing now dead grandma...Diana.

I like the young couple tho so GOD speed.

http://www.voanews.com/content/prince-william-kate-introduce-new-prince/1707825.html

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 23-Jul-2013 at 23:24
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 23:21

And here's a picture of the new arrival.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 23-Jul-2013 at 23:23
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2013 at 00:12
thanks to my ole pard Alani for the pic.....and if ya believe this is an anti royals thread or wish to offer negative commentary...then go elsewhere because it's my thread and i'll close the bitch. This is a congrats thread..so live with it. Got nothing to say positively as a human being then ya out.

Because in the end if ya a father...and I am...then that transcends politics... religion... and closest or social status agendas.

That's for another time and place not here.

because ya heathen bastards if ya cant wish a newborn well no matter the conflict... ya remain a seriously sorry pos.

bet.

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2013 at 01:26
Long live The Prince&King!Big smile
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2013 at 16:48
long live the little George :D GZ
yomud are free people
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2013 at 17:30

I'm kinda disappointed now LOL
Timidi mater non flet
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 02:32
george          +
alexander      -
louis              -

his second and third names seems non-English
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 03:23
Originally posted by Ollios

george          +
alexander      -
louis              -

his second and third names seems non-English

Actually, Louis is a French name. George and Alexander are 101% Greek names.

Alexander from Alexandros (=protector of other men in battle)
George from Georgios (=farmer/earthworker --- Geo+rgia)

And of course, congratulations on the new Prince of England. Clap

Edited by TITAN_ - 26-Jul-2013 at 03:24
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 04:04
Originally posted by TITAN_

Actually, Louis is a French name. George and Alexander are 101% Greek names.

Alexander from Alexandros (=protector of other men in battle)
George from Georgios (=farmer/earthworker --- Geo+rgia)

And of course, congratulations on the new Prince of England. Clap

At least, English people have used the name George for many years. It is OK.  

Great Britain

Alexander is also OK. It is Greek but European royal families loves to make/create connection with own family and old Roman-Greek World. It is acceptable.

But giving French name to future King of UK??? If I were a British, I would start a campaign to change name Louis. It also sounds a female name like Superman and Lois Big smile 

I am talking about him because, he is not a just new-born baby, he is also a brand.  However of cource, right of giving name just belongs to baby's parents.

Allah analı babalı büyütsün - God growes up him with parents

and also I wish him to have a bushy hair, not like his father Wink

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 11:12
Louis is the First name of Lord Mountbatten.  King George sheperded England through the dark days of WWII, and several George's have held the throne in the past.

He is official His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.

Third in line for the throne, and a guarantee of Royal succession.  A great day for the British. Thumbs Up

Edited by Mountain Man - 26-Jul-2013 at 11:15
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2013 at 11:38
LuIZeeI=Thunder-Lightning...King!LuiZee=Thunderful Fire,Demotic!Zeeus=Zeus,today=Fire mouth presents Zeus.The rest you know good.Luiz=Luise=Thunderful lingua&tongue.Pard Mua about colors!(pardon me in English)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2013 at 07:08
Hello, i joined your forum some months ago, sadly it seem to be a digital Detroit, so while i do visit on occasion, i haven't found  a topic to post in.

I cant resist this though, whilst the Princes naming is raising interest and comment, No one seems to have noticed that the american "royals"  "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have named their newborn daughter North West."

North west ( front)  is cockney rhyming slang for a part of the body, a very rude term.......  i will leave you to work it out.

Makes George seem very mild by comparison...

Anyway, i hope things pick up here, seems like there have been some wonderful discussions in the past. 
Regards Tony
I really do have a cunning plan.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2013 at 01:34
Originally posted by Baldrick

Hello, i joined your forum some months ago, sadly it seem to be a digital Detroit, so while i do visit on occasion, i haven't found  a topic to post in.
I cant resist this though, whilst the Princes naming is raising interest and comment, No one seems to have noticed that the american "royals"  "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have named their newborn daughter North West."
North west ( front)  is cockney rhyming slang for a part of the body, a very rude term.......  i will leave you to work it out.
Makes George seem very mild by comparison...
Anyway, i hope things pick up here, seems like there have been some wonderful discussions in the past. 
Regards Tony

yep

whether ya view us a digital Detroit remains immaterial. thanks for you contribute on the op.

I really don't feel well..so as a member ..let me say...I don't give a rapid happy ass if ya satisfied with input or members..or your version of topics worthy of your input. iow. go gawdamnn elsewhere... if ya aint happy. get your account deleted....ect....ect.... don't make a shitze to me.

otherwise contribute when ya will.. and leave the pseudo wannabe inellectual bullshit for other venues. Because ya aint no where near qualified to attempt it here with the real folks who have the accumen to deal with it. period.

and if I am in violation of the coc...surely someone will do something about it. because trust me..the man who has the copyright has done it before.

now begone ya trolling pos.

CV.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 29-Jul-2013 at 02:25

S. T. Friedman

LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2015 at 20:22
If you remove the Alexander, you have George Louis. George Louis was the name of King George I before he became the sovereign of Great Britain.       
His father Ernest Augustus died on January 23, 1698.      
George Louis became Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg and a Prince-Elector of the Holy Roman Empire.
 Post Reply Post Reply