Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chronosatlas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chronosatlas
    Posted: 22-Jul-2013 at 18:33
An excellent research tool.

http://chronoatlas.com/

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 22-Jul-2013 at 19:18
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 01:43
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

An excellent research tool.

http://chronoatlas.com/

well done, really nice source
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 09:01

Looks very promising but I think they still need to work on it. I went to 1 AD and it keeps claiming that all of Syria + Lebanon + Palestine + Samaria belonged to the Nabataean Kingdom when we know well that it belonged to the Romans.

Timidi mater non flet
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 11:17
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

Looks very promising but I think they still need to work on it. I went to 1 AD and it keeps claiming that all of Syria + Lebanon + Palestine + Samaria belonged to the Nabataean Kingdom when we know well that it belonged to the Romans.

It could be that you are both right, even though they might be a little light on information. As far as I know the Nabataean Kingdom became subjects of Rome.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 13:02
Sometimes, Greek words sound really weird when used in English.... Chrono+Atlas?  A timeline on a world map! LOL
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2013 at 17:58
According to the home page, the information comes from a handful of contributors, but no accreditation is listed for them.

I would be wary of accepting everything at face value; however, it is a useful tool on a brad scale despite being a bit misleading in the case of the Romans and so forth.

I still prefer to research a specific event or period rather than use such a broad canavs of events - I think it lessens the errors that inevitably creep in.

JMHO
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2013 at 11:51
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Originally posted by Baal Melqart

It could be that you are both right, even though they might be a little light on information. As far as I know the Nabataean Kingdom became subjects of Rome.

I am well aware of that but the Nabataean Kingdom never ever included all of Palestine, especially not back in those days. When the Romans conquered Palestine they annexed it from the Seleucids, not the Nabataeans.

Timidi mater non flet
 Post Reply Post Reply