Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another day at the office.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another day at the office.
    Posted: 13-Jun-2013 at 10:52
Dined well and drank accordingly last night at a little hotel in Berkshire.   Two bottles of a very pleasing Melbec and a half bottle of a very fine Tokay with fresh strawberries to finish.  The main was pork belly and asparagus, and it weren't half bad !  Mein host produced a very acceptable Armagnac in his private drawing room, and the cigars were on me ( Romeo y Julieta robustos given me by Raul Castro when I last graced Havana with my presence ).

This morning up at Sparrows fart and down on the Kennet at Kintbury for vacuum flask coffee and 
" Pusser's " rum.........and more cigars, plain old Montecristos , but gratis, so what do I care ?

Took one Rainbow and three Brownies before lunch ; all on a very yellow Tups Indispensable in murky, but fast water up to three feet.   LUNCH . Plenty of fresh French bread, local butter and buckets of game 
Pate.   Local fruit and more, much more , Melbec.   Post lunch ( i.e. Three o/clock onwards ), a goodish
Mayfly hatch ( halfway thru' June ! ) and the fish came thick and fast, all Brownies, nothing less than two pounds and the best a tad over three .   Missed quite a few strikes - too much Melbec !      

Trout for supper !
 Post Reply Post Reply