Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not Turkish Spring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Turkish Spring
    Posted: 19-Jun-2013 at 03:49
Second step in protest: silent protest

Impact of one guy could be lot. Everything began with one single guy the day after second cop intervention.

"A Turkish man has staged an eight-hour silent vigil on Istanbul's Taksim Square, scene of violent clashes between police and anti-government protesters in recent weeks, inspiring hundreds of others to follow his lead."
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2013 at 15:18
22th June

My photoes (just these two)

People gathered at Taksim in 19:00                               People are throwing carnations

then a Turkish classic came again at 20:35

It is also good to see this. Some of Brazillians accepted Turkish effect on them.

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2013 at 05:52
*Water war protest in Taksim and then police intervention
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23215299

*First day of Ramadan. 
Left:Protestors organised their own iftar(after muslim fast meal) (İstiklal Street)
Right:Goverment prepared own (in front of Gezi park)

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2013 at 18:44
Lucky Ollios. That aint Cairo.......yet.

After all sitiing down for a little chow whether for religious or secular reasons is a good thing....long as the hotheads don't try to interfere.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2013 at 19:42
have good Ramadan dear ollios
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2013 at 12:17
Originally posted by yomud

have good Ramadan dear ollios

thank you, even I am not fasting and happy ramadan for you 
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2013 at 04:13
We turned back to the edge of possible new protest wave.

A public stairs have painted by a retired engineer man in Istanbul, but of course there was no local goverment permission. He said that that was just for making people smile, but local authority repainted it as grey and then most of stairs in Turkey painted for resistence. However local goverment finally accepted it and repainted the stairs and goverment didn't say anthing which could make up the tension. So this is happy end. We have a lot of colourful stairs now

Painted Stairs and Repainted Stairs by local authority

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2013 at 05:33
It looks like Four Seasons now Olios!Big smile

Edited by medenaywe - 04-Sep-2013 at 05:33
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2013 at 20:09
i head some bad news in turkey . turkey is not my country and maybe i should not talk about it but u know i got very bad feeling when i heard General İlker Başbuğ sentenced to life imprisonment he was highest rank of  turkish army if im not mistaking . this is a very bad news clearly some guys doesn't like him and today they are taking their revenge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0lker_Ba%C5%9Fbu%C4%9F

Edited by yomud - 12-Sep-2013 at 20:09
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2013 at 14:06
Originally posted by yomud

i head some bad news in turkey . turkey is not my country and maybe i should not talk about it but u know i got very bad feeling when i heard General İlker Başbuğ sentenced to life imprisonment he was highest rank of  turkish army if im not mistaking . this is a very bad news clearly some guys doesn't like him and today they are taking their revenge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0lker_Ba%C5%9Fbu%C4%9F

Ergenekon lawsuit is not very clear and neturalist. This idea has many supporter between govertment protestors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10th September, Turkey

Protestors are using fireworks agianst police's tear gas

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2013 at 00:08

The picture was taken yesterday, the most popular street in Istanbul.

after Police and Protesters conflict
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 01:26
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/11/turkey-violence-istanbul-ankara-_n_4943585.html

A boy who has been going to market to buy a bread, has shoted by a police and after more then 200 days, he died yesterday

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 01:35
May he rest in peace!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234