Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkic Pantheon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkic Pantheon
    Posted: 25-May-2013 at 12:41
The Turkic Pantheon, according to Marvel comics 
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godsmongolian.htm

I think this project has just done to able to say we did it. It is not a good work. I can't see much creativity, but putting winged-horse(accepting that it is not unique for greek culture) and wolf also blue skinned god idea is nice.Wink

They have also similar works for other god version

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2013 at 13:08
very lovely work but sadly i dont know them except tengri  can u introduce them for me Tongue

whats the connection between them and dada korkutt or kor oghlu ?? u told me be4 the koroghlu  live in ottoman era but it's story is different in our town . today i find out the story has different type in every turkic area LOL

Edited by yomud - 25-May-2013 at 13:50
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2013 at 15:07
Originally posted by yomud

very lovely work but sadly i dont know them except tengri  can u introduce them for me Tongue

Tengri is Skygod-Göktanrı, that's why he is blue
Erlik is underground god, it is similar with Hades
Ulgen/Ülgen is similar with Baldr. He is god of goodness. He is also like Prometheus. He helps humanity
Asena is she-wolf like in Roman mthys. When all Turk died, she grew up one Turkish boy who dosn't have arms and legs. Look at Destan of "Türeyiş" 

but I don't know other gods
Ay is moon goddess
Koyash is sun god

whats the connection between them and dada korkutt or kor oghlu ?? u told me be4 the koroghlu  live in ottoman era but it's story is different in our town . today i find out the story has different type in every turkic area LOL

*Actually I have never read "Dede Korkut" but I found it at home. I am planing to read it. 

*Do you like my link? How was its language? I have wanted ro mean that Koroghlu in Central Asia is different than Koroglu in Turkey. Turk took the old Central Asian legend about Koroghlu and used it
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2013 at 12:38
Originally posted by Ollios

Tengri is Skygod-Göktanrı, that's why he is blue
Erlik is underground god, it is similar with Hades
Ulgen/Ülgen is similar with Baldr. He is god of goodness. He is also like Prometheus. He helps humanity
Asena is she-wolf like in Roman mthys. When all Turk died, she grew up one Turkish boy who dosn't have arms and legs. Look at Destan of "Türeyiş" 

but I don't know other gods
Ay is moon goddess
Koyash is sun god

*Actually I have never read "Dede Korkut" but I found it at home. I am planing to read it. 

*Do you like my link? How was its language? I have wanted ro mean that Koroghlu in Central Asia is different than Koroglu in Turkey. Turk took the old Central Asian legend about Koroghlu and used it
well your links are filter and blocked in iran

very lovely gods LOL I thought we only worship the tangri

where can i find some information on turkic mythology

Edited by yomud - 26-May-2013 at 14:29
yomud are free people
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2013 at 12:49
 ok lets put the dada korkut aside  i still don't get it what's connection between Tengri and Asena for me Asena  is the symbol of love and family and tengri is god of just and wrath who sit on altay and punish the people with thunderbolt LOL am i wrong legend says we born from human and she wolf and we turks are the children who has more human blood than wolf and itbaraks are the children who has more wolf blood than human one(if im not wrong) so they has wolf or doge head and wolf abilitys ok than whats the tangris roles on our life ?? how it become our god ??
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2013 at 16:00

well your links are filter and blocked in iran 

I am sorry for hear that. Cry

very lovely gods LOL I thought we only worship the tangri

where can i find some information on turkic mythology

In Turkey, there are not much people who able to talk about mythology. If you find someone can, that will be Greek one, not Turkic mythology. I was thinking like you such a few years ago but now I don't think like that way. we don't know much. The main sources are legends. 

ok lets put the dada korkut aside i still don't get it what's connection between Tengri and Asena for me Asena  is the symbol of love and family and tengri is god of just and wrath who sit on altay and punish the people with thunderbolt LOL 

I don't think there is a someone in Turkey who associate wolf with love and family. Turks look at the wolf figure like lion. just in power case.

am i wrong legend says we born from human and she wolf and we turks are the children who has more human blood than wolf and itbaraks are the children who has more wolf blood than human one(if im not wrong) so they has wolf or doge head and wolf abilitys ok than whats the tangris roles on our life ?? how it become our god ?? 

İtbaraks are wolf-men who lived in north-west of Oghuz lands and they are enemies, but Asena is not like that it is holy beast, guide creature. Like Tulpar, they are not god

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2013 at 16:39
hey wait a minutes i didn't see that awesome horse . she is very similar to pegasus isn't she ?? i should read all about them they are awesome Hug

Edited by yomud - 26-May-2013 at 16:40
yomud are free people
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2013 at 16:48

İtbaraks are wolf-men who lived in north-west of Oghuz lands and they are enemies, but Asena is not like that it is holy beast, guide creature. Like Tulpar, they are not god

well all i know about itbarak was what my grandmother told me when is was a child LOL if i do some bad thing like lie i should tell the truth be4 the dark or if i steal something i must give it back otherwise itbarak will come after me after the dark LOL i just guess they maybe born from Asena  u are saying Asena is holy beast, guide creature I thought we born form her !!! you are telling me she is not mother of our people but a "guide creature" in dada korkut its said he is a ghostly wolf who can turn in to human and he is very wise  ( im not sure i just read very small part of it from internet) dose asena has same ability ?? 

Edited by yomud - 26-May-2013 at 16:59
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 05:08

hey wait a minutes i didn't see that awesome horse . she is very similar to pegasus isn't she ?? i should read all about them they are awesome Hug

Don't u think that Pegasus, some kind of horse Big smile It is also national emblem for some countries

Kazakhestan                                                                Mongolia

well all i know about itbarak was what my grandmother told me when is was a child LOL if i do some bad thing like lie i should tell the truth be4 the dark or if i steal something i must give it back otherwise itbarak will come after me after the dark LOL i just guess they maybe born from Asena  u are saying Asena is holy beast, guide creature I thought we born form her !!! you are telling me she is not mother of our people but a "guide creature" in dada korkut its said he is a ghostly wolf who can turn in to human and he is very wise  ( im not sure i just read very small part of it from internet) dose asena has same ability ?? 

I just meant Asena symbolize good thing so I couldn't think her with itbaraks and yes, you are right, she is also mother of Turks

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 05:17

tengri is god of just and wrath who sit on altay and punish the people with thunderbolt LOL 

If you know lot, please tell me. My sources says different thing. According to them, Tengri doesn't have any shape also I believe there is something like trinity(this my idea)

Christianity        Greek Paganism     Tengrism/Mongol-Turkic Paganism
Holy Spirit            Uranos                                 Tengri
God                      Kronos                                 Kayra Han
Jesus                    Zeus                                    Ülgen

Ulgen is son of Kayra han and he is the one who can send thunders.

Edited by Ollios - 28-May-2013 at 05:33
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 05:30
Judist symbol Menorah is also symbol for burning bush in Mt Sinai and also there is other type whish has 9 branches ( Hanukkah) instead of 7 as in Menorah.

According to Turkish myths, Kayra han create a tree(pine or beech) and it has nine branches. The first nine human tribs come to this tree. I were Turkic pagan, I would buy one of them to symbolise my belief. Big smile 
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 03:59
Sea Gods 

Ak Ana (mother white), goddess of  sea. She is one who gives the idea of creation, but she is like Gaia or Rhea. a little bit pasif character. Her  symbol is white deer. She is like marmaid, has a fish tail. Sometimes  she is wife of 

Ak Ata (father white), a sea god. He has iron bow. Iron symbolizes power. He can turn a fish

Su Ata (father water), this is river and lake god. This is general name so, there is no seperate names for each river as in greek myhts. When someone is drowned, people say "Su ata took him" He also hates people who pollute the waters. You should throw a whole bread into the water to make him happy. Also when a bride go to far away. She has to be introduce local Su ata.  That's why people throw the bride into the water. 

Su Ana (mother water), wife of Su Ata. She likes shores and get out of the water. She has long black hairs and combs her hair with golden comb

Su İyesi: the name for Nymph in Turkic myhts

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 04:26

tengri is god of just and wrath who sit on altay and punish the people with thunderbolt LOL 

If you know lot, please tell me. My sources says different thing. According to them, Tengri doesn't have any shape also I believe there is something like trinity(this my idea)

yeas we cant tell tengri has shape but he is able to do anything and everything begins  with him and thunder is angry voice of him and lightning is his wrath  or arrow

http://www.hunmagyar.org/turan/tatar/turk.html
yomud are free people
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 12:57
This is a fascinating subject, thank you for sharing.
I would like to learn more about Asena...AFAIK after taking care of a boy without arms and legs she became pregnant by him and gave birth to Bumin, the first khan of the Gokturks. So, as I see it, this means that Asena was seen as a mother off all Turks...is that right? I was told that the female members of the Grey Wolves are called symbolically Asena; as I see it as a symbol of a mythical rebirth, something like situation oneself into the "sacred space" /after my favourite Eliade/.

The wolf is a very strong archetypal image for quite a few different cultures - the Romans, as I recall some Native American tribes, the Serbs /a polar wolf was seen as their ancestor, I'm talking here about South Slavic pagan mythology/, in Ukraine a white wolf is a forest spirit, turning people in wolves is a motif in the Slavic paganism that became a frequent motif in the fairy tales; not to forget the medieval European wolf/turning motif that continues...into today's mass novel/movie culture.

Edited by Don Quixote - 30-May-2013 at 13:00
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2013 at 06:27
Originally posted by Don Quixote

This is a fascinating subject, thank you for sharing.
I would like to learn more about Asena...AFAIK after taking care of a boy without arms and legs she became pregnant by him and gave birth to Bumin, the first khan of the Gokturks. So, as I see it, this means that Asena was seen as a mother off all Turks...is that right? 

YeapWink

I was told that the female members of the Grey Wolves are called symbolically Asena; as I see it as a symbol of a mythical rebirth, something like situation oneself into the "sacred space" /after my favourite Eliade/. 

YeapWink

The wolf is a very strong archetypal image for quite a few different cultures - the Romans, as I recall some Native American tribes, the Serbs /a polar wolf was seen as their ancestor, I'm talking here about South Slavic pagan mythology/, in Ukraine a white wolf is a forest spirit, turning people in wolves is a motif in the Slavic paganism that became a frequent motif in the fairy tales; not to forget the medieval European wolf/turning motif that continues...into today's mass novel/movie culture.

I have just kown Romans. Now with your post, I have learnt something wolf culture. What about Bulgarian myths? Bulgar ruler Kubrat/Kurt? (kurt=wolf)  
Snafu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2013 at 07:38
I'm surprised they didn't use Umai. She was a more important goddess than the moon.

Koyash is an odd one. I've only seen that name in a few places. A more common name I've seen for the sun god was Kun. The Mongols called it Naran Eke (mother sun). 

Edited by Snafu - 19-Jun-2013 at 07:48
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2013 at 16:40
Originally posted by Snafu

I'm surprised they didn't use Umai. She was a more important goddess than the moon.

I agree you. Umai is like Turkish Hera. She is great godness also as Hera, she is related with birth

Originally posted by Snafu

Koyash is an odd one. I've only seen that name in a few places. A more common name I've seen for the sun god was Kun. The Mongols called it Naran Eke (mother sun).  

Yes, yes and yes Wink Sun and Moon both have male and female characters. As you, I prefer female sun and male moon version, not Kuyash 
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2013 at 08:57
Maybe you think that Central Asia is totally desert but it is also cold and Turkic people also have own believes about it.

Russians have recreated new Santa with using old slavic tales
İsim:  ded_moroz_snegurochka.jpg  Görüntüleme: 25  Büyüklük:  54,5 KB (Kilobyte)

and Turkic countries did what Russians had done before and they turned Russian Santa into Turkic Santa

*Ayaz(Ayas) Ata- Ak Ayaz - Şaxta Baba: Ayaz is world which means cold but it just uses for weather, especially for night and winter. Ata-Baba means father, ak means white. He helped poor, hungry people in winter.  He is connected with moon and moonlight

*Kar Kız(Snow Girl):She is daughter or grand daughter of Ayaz Ata

As you know, Orion is easy to find constellation in winter (I think most of us live in northern hemisphere). Orion has seven bright stars and Turks believes that these are seven holes in sky. Ayaz Ata blows cold winds with using these holes.

In my opinion, they should be clear about colours, Russians can use blue and Turks can be use white. Give the red to Santa Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lamp I have an idea for next christmas: a new anime

St Nicolas took the hope which came from Pandora's box and he divided it into three pieces and hided them. Evil creature or creatures(they can be underground gods: Hades-Erklik and Hell) try to find them and make humanity hopeless. Three old men who have opposite characters Santa with Russian and Turkic versions have to join force to save the world Big smile  

Edited by Ollios - 20-Jun-2013 at 09:02
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2013 at 02:34

I don't see the parallel there. The Holy Spirit did not give birth to God! 
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2013 at 03:16
i've been following this topic with much interest thanks.
though i can't contribute anything very good, i thought i may as well post that perhaps someone should compile a pantheon of Turk or Turanian deities etc?

this list is not just Turkic but also Ural-Altaic and Central Asian and Siberian:

(')abada (forest)
ajysyt
ak_ata
ak_ana (gaia/rhea/whitemother)
altan sibaldai (golden witch)
ay/ai/ay_dede (moon/white)
alip
ashina/asenaTuwu (grey/bluewolf) [~ athena? ashkenaz/tuisco?]
bai-ulgan
bukheBeligte/gesar
bumin (1stancestor)
burtecinua ([bluewolf])
chesma(iyesi) (fountainnymph/spirit)
celbegan/yilbegan (maneatingmonster)
chuvash/[koyash] ([light/sun]) ~ nachash?
daichinTengri
eje
eneth/eneh
erlik (pride/hubris/arrogance/death/evil/hades) [~ nergal/erra? hercules? enoch? elohim?]
esegeMalan
evren/ebren (dragon)
gesar khan
gun_ana (sun)
gok-tengri (bluesky)
guaMaral/maralKho'ai
hunor
inmar
il/yil (wind)
itbarak(s)/[yilbegan?] (wolfmen)
jar-sub/yer-sub (earth-water)
juldus/yulduz (star)
kesar/gesar(khan)/ges'r/bukheBeligte
kun/kiun/kuin/gun_ana/[ulughKun?] (sun)
koyash (sun) [~ nachash/[gishzida]? cush?]
kayra(Han)/kuara (thunder/tree)
khodai ~ god?
lama
maralKho'ai/guaMaral
naran eke (mother sun)
num/numitorem [~ ninurta/nimrod? noah/anum?]
Otuken
Ot (marriage)
od(lek)/tengri (sky)
ogus khan/oghuz khagan
siber (hound/dog emerged from lake baikal)
su_ana
su_ata (ironbow, water)
su_iyesi (nymph)
tulpar (pegasus)
timur/temur (iron)
teng(e)ri/tanri/tangara/od(lek) (sky/heaven) [~ dingir?]
tung-ak (chief) ~ tunek (eskimo)?
tur
turk/tuKueh (wolf)
umay/umai/umai-ana (hera) [~ naamah?]
ulgen/bai-ulgan (light/good/helpman/thunder?) [~ uriel? tubalcain/vulcan? uranus?]
[ulughKun]?
udan (creation) [~ adonai? adam?]
ut-ana
vaat (gaia)
ukulan-tojon/va-kul (water)
yer(-sub) (earth(-water))
yil/ilkhan (wind) [~ enlil? el?]
yelmogus/yilbegan/celbegan
yulduz/juldus (star)
zaarinTengri
zilant (snake/serpent/dragon)

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 21-Jun-2013 at 03:22
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>