Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of Historical Cities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of Historical Cities
    Posted: 11-May-2005 at 12:23

I think we need a picture gallery forum, it will be one of my favourite forums, I have posted many topics in this forum which can be moved there.

There are many historical cities in Iran that I have never posted anything about them, this is one of them:

Sanandaj, Capital of Kurdistan

Like other historical cities of Iran, there are hundreds historical buildings in Sanandaj, of course not as beautiful as the ones in Isfahan, Shiraz, Hamedan, Tabriz, Mashhad, ...

This is the main square of Sanandaj:

A large statue in this square:

There are many statues in Sanandaj, some other ones:

Some Historical Buildings in Sanandaj:

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 13:18

Safita
A beautiful Christian city in Syria

I took these photos last week:

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 13:28
I'll post some as soon i lay my hand on a scanner
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 16:25
Toulouse, capital of the Visigoths and old capital of Aquitaine (before Bordeaux). Where the muslim invasions were first stopped by Odo.

Vae victis!
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 16:41
Ancient Armenian City of Ani. Known as the "City of a Thousand and One Churches". Archaeologists say that if excavated, an unimaginable amount of wealth will be found underneath the city. It is just miles from the present-day border of the Armenian Republic. No restoration projects have been attempted on the former capital of the medieval Armenian Kingdom. The ruling dynasty was the Bagratunis.

The City Gates of Ani:

An Armenian Church split in two by lightning:

Walls of Ani:

A fresco from Ani:

Theres a couple of more old Armenian cities, ill post them when i find pics.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 10:04

Nessebar (Messemria) founded from Hellenes. Important trade center during the Middle Ages. Reason for much wars between Bulgaria and Byzantium.

Sozopol (Apolonia) another old trade town on Black sea. Founded by hellenes, major Bulgarian stronghold

Plovdiv-thracain town. Second largest Bulgarian city after Sofia

Ruse - Roman town - Sexaginta prista (spell.??)

and other.................

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 14:32

My city, Konya:

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 14:48
Konya is beautiful and spiritual city!
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 00:55

Toulouse is such a great city Exarchus.

I'll post some of Rouen, capital of haute Normandie, northern France.

Caen capitale de la basse Normandie

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 08:02
So you're Norman? Cool, I have family in Caen (or rather in the countryside).

I wish I could post pictures of Montpellier (the "sister" city of Toulouse) but it's too young and high tech to be qualified as an historical city.
Vae victis!
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 10:25

Oguzoglu, I wanted to post some better quality and updated pictures of Konya, the capital of Anatolian Seljuks .

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 10:39

Tzar, Iv'e been to Nessebar in the late 70's back when it was communist. I was not impressed at that time. I'm sure the vibrancy and beauty of the city has increased tenfold. I will no longer exclaim "Nessebar'n nesi var?" Translation - What is so apecial about Nessebar? If I remember correctly it used to be used as a popular beach resort. Probably still is except without the curfew.

Nessebar (Messemria) founded from Hellenes. Important trade center during the Middle Ages. Reason for much wars between Bulgaria and Byzantium.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 12:20

Thank you VERY much Alparslan. Konya is a really historical city and it has the finest and most beautiful examples of Seljuk architecture.

I really wanted to post a lot more photos than these but my fu*kin' damn computer and fuc*ed connection wasnt able to do this. So I needed to stop my post at half. And then, when I tried to edit it, my fuc*ed computer and internet connection were on duty again so my edittings arent posted now.

For more info and photos, visit: http://www.metu.edu.tr/home/wwwissch/ozgurey/konya/konya.htm

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 12:49

lazy village of Selimiye, Turkey. Not me in the pic

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 12:51
Originally posted by Seko

Tzar, Iv'e been to Nessebar in the late 70's back when it was communist. I was not impressed at that time. I'm sure the vibrancy and beauty of the city has increased tenfold. I will no longer exclaim "Nessebar'n nesi var?" Translation - What is so apecial about Nessebar? If I remember correctly it used to be used as a popular beach resort. Probably still is except without the curfew.

Since then have passed about 30 years. Yes, Nessebar is one of the most popular bulgarian beach resorts and of course without curfew.

Everybody listen only this which understands.
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 13:28
Do you guys have any picture of Mulana's tomb in Konya?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 16:58

Originally posted by ramin

Do you guys have any picture of Mulana's tomb in Konya?

Yes, sure...

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 05:58

Kashan

Source: http://www.Tehran24.com , http://www.iranyellowpages.net

A Video Clip: (Click on the image)

Windows Media - 2,168 KB

3D Virtual Tours: (Click on the images)

Note: To view these QTVR movies, it is necessary to use a QTVR capable browser with the QuickTime Player Plug-in.

Some images:

TABATABEI HOUSE MAZAR-E- ABU LOULOU
BOROUJERDIS HOUSE ABASIAN HOUSE
AGHA BOZORG MOSQUE BAGH-E- FEEN

ABASIAN HOUSE BOROUJERDIS HOUSE
TABATABAEI HOUSE ABASIAN HOUSE
TABATAEI HOUSE AGHA BOZORG MOSQUE
BOROUJERDIS HOUSE  
BOROUJERDIS HOUSE ABASION HOUSE

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
 Post Reply Post Reply