Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is this story true? I wonder......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
longbaby View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote longbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is this story true? I wonder......
    Posted: 17-Mar-2013 at 07:25
Lately I read a story happening in France during WW2. I wonder whether it is true or not.

During WW2, a French housewife and her two young children worked for underground resistance organization, passing secret intelligence notes. Usually she hid a small metal tube containing the note in a wax candle and placed the candle right on the table. One evening three Nazi officers got into the house. They sat at the table and lighted the candle. The French woman knew if the candle burned all along till where the metal tube was, it would be put outautomatically. So she took out an oil lamp from the kitchen and put out the candle. But a little later, a Nazi officer lighted the candle again. The the woman's youngest daughter asked gentally the Germans if she could bring the candle upstairs because she wanted to go to sleep. And the Germans agreed. When the girl stepped on the last step of the stairs, the candle burned to where the metal tube was and was put out.
 Post Reply Post Reply